After the iPhone 3G and then of course iPhone 3GS after the iintergration of 3G technology (back in the day) wouldn't it also make sense to call the iPhone 5 the iPhone 4GS too if LTE/4G is included? After all, the whole new "redial redesign" isn't really that much of an upgrade to the design and looks apart from the rumoured two tone back panel so I don't really think its a big enough change to call the next iPhone the iPhone 5. It's just a quick thought but it would make sense right?
    Last edited by Rival Clown; 08-25-2012 at 05:42 PM.
    08-25-2012 05:39 PM
    It's going to be just 'iPhone"... as they did with the latest iPad.
    08-25-2012 05:41 PM
    Personally, I don't care what it's called. If the new iPhone suits my tastes, I will buy it and if it does not, I won't.
    Premium1, LyndaP and rustymini like this.
    08-25-2012 05:42 PM
    After the iPhone 3G and then of course iPhone 3GS after the iintergration of 3G technology (back in the day) wouldn't it also make sense to call the iPhone 5 the iPhone 4GS too if LTE/4G is included? After all, the whole new "redial redesign" isn't really that much of an upgrade to the design and looks apart from the rumoured two tone back panel so I don't really think its a big enough change to call the next iPhone the iPhone 5. It's just a quick thought but it would make sense right?
    The 3GS was not named for the 3G tech integration, the 3G was.

Also, the 4S was essentially the "3GS" enhanced model to the iPhone 4 (as the 3GS was to the 3G)...the next iPhone will probably be called iPhone, as that seems to be Apple's current plan of progression with names (simplified, removing people's inherent focus on model number changes to represent the "best" product on offer from a manufacturer. Lot's of car companies are doing it too these days)

And technically, the iPhone 4S has "4G" speeds, just not LTE.
    08-26-2012 03:47 PM
    What if its not called iPhone 5 but iPhone 4gs?
    Trust me, the world ain't gonna stop no matter what Apple calls it.
    rustymini likes this.
    08-26-2012 04:16 PM
    My money's on "the new iPhone" or to a lesser extent, perhaps "iPhone 5"

2013 model will then be "the new iPhone" or "iPhone 5s"

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    08-26-2012 05:27 PM
    It makes no sense. Quit being a clown.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-27-2012 01:07 AM
    The "new iPhone" That's my guess and I'd bet money on it.
    08-27-2012 01:17 AM
    It's either new iPhone or iPhone 5. The 4S is already taken... And 4GS is really not likely to happen.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk
    08-27-2012 01:44 AM
    iPhone 5 makes the most sense, hopefully they don't do something idiotic and call it the "new iPhone" like the fanboys are clamoring for, nothing like confusing your customer base on your most important product.

Just wait and see when the iPad 4 comes out, will it be the "new iPad"? The "newest iPad"? Or the "new, new iPad"?
    08-27-2012 03:19 AM
    iPhone 5 makes the most sense, hopefully they don't do something idiotic and call it the "new iPhone" like the fanboys are clamoring for, nothing like confusing your customer base on your most important product.

Just wait and see when the iPad 4 comes out, will it be the "new iPad"? The "newest iPad"? Or the "new, new iPad"?
    Who's clamoring for that name? Nobody I've read from...
    08-27-2012 09:22 AM

There's nothing "confusing" about just calling it "iPhone" for me...
    08-27-2012 09:24 AM
    who really gives a shiit what it is called
    sirsamuels likes this.
    08-27-2012 09:57 AM

It's the 6th generation with the 4th body design. Honestly iPhone 5 makes no sense to me. JMO.
    08-27-2012 12:33 PM
    He gives a damn what it's called, just get it out the public
    08-27-2012 01:58 PM
    The "new iPhone" That's my guess and I'd bet money on it.
    "New iPhone" seems fitting to me, especially since it will follow the New iPad. Doesn't really matter what they call it, though. I'll just be happy when it's out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-27-2012 04:34 PM
    He gives a damn what it's called, just get it out the public
    We don't have too much longer to wait now.

08-27-2012 04:35 PM
    "New iPhone" seems fitting to me, especially since it will follow the New iPad. Doesn't really matter what they call it, though. I'll just be happy when it's out.

My thoughts exactly
    08-27-2012 04:46 PM
    This just in...

It will be called "The Longer iPhone".

Many at Apple do not like the name as they think it should be called "The Taller iPhone".
    08-27-2012 09:12 PM
    Who's clamoring for that name? Nobody I've read from...
    People all over this site and others..
    08-27-2012 09:43 PM
    There's nothing "confusing" about just calling it "iPhone" for me...
    So which iPhone model do you have? Which accessories work with it?

All removing a number does is cause problems, I don't know why anyone would want Apple to do so, and for what? It would be a horrible marketing mistake, anybody even thinking of doing so should be kicked onto the streets of Cupertino.
    08-27-2012 09:46 PM
    who really gives a shiit what it is called
    I don't as long as there's a way to differentiate it from past and future phones.
    08-27-2012 09:47 PM
    It's the 6th generation with the 4th body design. Honestly iPhone 5 makes no sense to me. JMO.
    It makes perfect sense, look at past iPhones, none of them made sense either except for the iPhone 4, obviously Apple doesn't care about matching numbers to generations, 5 comes next after 4 and is what 99% of the general public is already calling this years iPhone.The iPhone 3G was the secondf gen device, the 4S was the 5th gen device, they aren't gonna skip 5 to call it the iPhone 6.

So 5 is just the most logical, period, calling just the "new iPhone" is retarded and everyone will have fits this time next year when the "new iPhone comes out again. Why on Earth would Apple do something so ridiculously stupid??
    08-27-2012 09:51 PM

Wait, so what happens in 2013, 2014, 2015, when theres 3 different iPhones all called "the new one"?

Imagine if car companies just called all their new cars "the new one", might as well just start naming kids new and newer, no confusion there!
    08-27-2012 09:53 PM
    This just in...

It will be called "The Longer iPhone".

Many at Apple do not like the name as they think it should be called "The Taller iPhone".
    LOL, thats the bigger issue for me, I wait 2.5 years to upgrade my iPhone 4 and all I get is space for another row of stagnant icons? No wonder even my die hard Apple friends are buying S3's!
    08-27-2012 09:55 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD