Can we preorder the iPhone 5 at full retail price?

AppleFan91

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
When the preorders open up, will we be able to buy the iPhone outright. I don't care if it's locked or not- I just don't have an upgrade available. Or if that isn't an option are we allowed to preorder and add a line?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When the preorders open up, will we be able to buy the iPhone outright. I don't care if it's locked or not- I just don't have an upgrade available. Or if that isn't an option are we allowed to preorder and add a line?

Yes. When preorders open up, you can order the iPhone (next)... if you have an upgrade, you get that price. If not, you pay full price.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There's just not enough market for them me they want to sell as much as possible and not make the supply constraints worse for the carriers.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple didn't start selling the unlocked variants until 2 or 3 months after the 4s release.

I don't remember what the time lag was between the release and the unlocked version of the 4S... but it was significantly less than the same lag on the iPhone 4. It's still incredibly doubtful that the unlocked iPhone (next) will be available for a while after its release.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if you can still preorder through Apple if you DO have an upgrade available but don't want to use it? With the 4S I only saw the option listed as the upgrade price, but none given to just buy the phone for AT&T at the non commitment price.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember what the time lag was between the release and the unlocked version of the 4S... but it was significantly less than the same lag on the iPhone 4. It's still incredibly doubtful that the unlocked iPhone (next) will be available for a while after its release.

I bought my 4s in very late October, and if I remember right, it was right around that time Apple released the unlocked iPhones.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The Factory unlocked 4S was released here in the US sometime in November. I had a hard time ordering mine through the Apple store as the demand for them seemed to be high.