confused on verizon upgrade plans

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There is no 2gig for $30 anymore go check verizons website.

Something not being on their website doesn't mean it's not there. There are more data plans higher than what is on their website...

As far as the OP. If it were me, I'd pay full price for the phone, or wait and buy it used from someone who is trying to flip a profit.

The new plans for me would increase my bill $30 a month. If I pay that for two more years on contract, that's $720 over the next two years. I'd rather just pay for the phone outright for $600 or less, and keep my unlimited data. With three smart phones on my plan now, we haven't used more than 4GB, ever. However, we'd lose that option if we went to unlimited minutes that we'd never use lol. 1400 mins per month for the past two years and we've never used half of them.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Something not being on their website doesn't mean it's not there. There are more data plans higher than what is on their website...

Verizon no longer offers individual plans, which is why it is no longer available.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a Verizon wireless rep last night. ( Not that they are always right lol.) I was assured that you can still keep an individual data plan, although not unlimited. I think they have them for 2G and 5G. The rep told me that it would cost me about the same as I am paying now for the 2G, except my data would be limited.

I mentioned they had nothing on the website about this, but he says it still exists. They are trying to move people to the shared plans, but it is not mandatory yet according to him.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have two smartphones and three regular phones on my account. If I decide to change one of the regular lines to a smartphone line they do the 2gb/$30 deal. They cannot force me to switch my entire account to share plan.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have two smartphones and three regular phones on my account. If I decide to change one of the regular lines to a smartphone line they do the 2gb/$30 deal. They cannot force me to switch my entire account to share plan.

Verizon being one of the largest wireless carriers can do whatever they want. They are already forcing people off of their unlimited data plans if and when they upgrade their phones at a discount .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
No, they can't do whatever they want. Not without paying a price. I have a contract with them. Until my contract is up, they won't force me to do anything. Also, no one is being forced off of unlimited. They have a choice. Sure, they are making it tough, but it is up to the customer to relinquish their unlimited data.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You didn't read my post.

I said sometime in the near future Verizon would force all of us with grandfathered data plans to switch whether we wanted to or not. It's quite clear they're doing everything in their power to force those of us with unlimited data to move to a tiered plan. They've figured out another way to force us to do it - pay full price for a phone which many people won't do - or switch to a tiered plan for a subsidized phone price.

Again, to repeat what I said so I'm clear - I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon forces those of us with grandfathered unlimited data plans to change to a tiered plan at some point in time no matter what. Change by X date or you'll automatically be enrolled in the 4GB shared plan unless you call us and change your GB allowance but you will be changed and there's nothing any of us can do about it.

Edit - and like the other poster said, the 2GB for $30 is gone. It's shared data plans only now for smart phones. There are no other options.
I agree eventually they prob will ..
The 2 for 30 is gone for new customers not existing ones who are not on shared data plan

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2