getting new iphone but not upgrade eligible?

tnvolz20

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a dumb question but I wanted be make sure. I am not upgrade eligible yet as september will make 6 months that I've had my contract with at&t but I am planning on getting the new iPhone regardless which means I'll be paying full price. What I wanted to ask is if I will be able to pre order or reserve (I haven't decided which one i wanted to do yet) the new iPhone even though I have to pay full price?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a dumb question but I wanted be make sure. I am not upgrade eligible yet as september will make 6 months that I've had my contract with at&t but I am planning on getting the new iPhone regardless which means I'll be paying full price. What I wanted to ask is if I will be able to pre order or reserve (I haven't decided which one i wanted to do yet) the new iPhone even though I have to pay full price?

The new iPhone preorders won't start till Sep. 12th at least. You only have to be 6 months into your contract with AT&T in order to qualify for their early upgrade program. This means you would only have to pay $250 + the 2 yr agreement price for the new iPhone. Might be better than paying full retail if you really want/need the new iPhone. :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The new iPhone preorders won't start till Sep. 12th at least. You only have to be 6 months into your contract with AT&T in order to qualify for their early upgrade program. This means you would only have to pay $250 + the 2 yr agreement price for the new iPhone. Might be better than paying full retail if you really want/need the new iPhone. :)

You mean 250 plus the usual 200 for the phone? That would bring the price to 450 which is better than full price at 650, however.. he wont be able to upgrade next year ( if he's the kind of guy who likes to get every iphone ) unless he pays 250 again for an early upgrade.. I'd pay full price and sale the phone next year to help paying for the new one..

tnvolz20

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Oh if I can get it for early upgrade price, I'm all for it. I'll just sell my iPhone 4s afterwards and get most of my money back. As of right now though i'm not eligible for an early upgrade but I am going to check again next month to see if that has changed or not.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Why does AT&T allow this but with Verizon you are locked in for 20 months? I am very sad.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I might be mistaken but I think last year AT&T only allowed people renewing contract or new customers to buy iphones on lunch day.. anybody can confirm???

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I might be mistaken but I think last year AT&T only allowed people renewing contract or new customers to buy iphones on lunch day.. anybody can confirm???

That is not true...my wife bought both the iPhone 4 and 4S without renewing her contract at full retail price (they were not unlocked, but she was able to have the 4S unlocked earlier this year through AT&T because it was not under contract).

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That is not true...my wife bought both the iPhone 4 and 4S without renewing her contract at full retail price (they were not unlocked, but she was able to have the 4S unlocked earlier this year through AT&T because it was not under contract).

Ok.. Thanks for clarifying..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You mean 250 plus the usual 200 for the phone? That would bring the price to 450 which is better than full price at 650, however.. he wont be able to upgrade next year ( if he's the kind of guy who likes to get every iphone ) unless he pays 250 again for an early upgrade.. I'd pay full price and sale the phone next year to help paying for the new one..

Yes, if you're are getting the 16GB model it would be $450 with a 2 year agreement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2