Early upgraders...prepare yourself to be poorer!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
AT&T is jacking the early upgrade fee up $50...prepare your wallets!

DCXTw.png

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
At least you get to keep your unlimited data. Those of us on Verizon have to pay full price to keep our unlimited data. You're still saving $$ in this case compared to Verizon.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
At least you get to keep your unlimited data. Those of us on Verizon have to pay full price to keep our unlimited data. You're still saving $$ in this case compared to Verizon.

I'd still rather pay full price than lose my unlimited data. I use way too much do add an extra $60 or so to my bill to switch to tiered to get the amount I need.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd still rather pay full price than lose my unlimited data. I use way too much do add an extra $60 or so to my bill to switch to tiered to get the amount I need.

I'm in the same boat. Paying $650+ is well worth it for now to keep unlimited data. Once sprint and tmo get their lte I may switch.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I had posted a thread yesterday regarding the unlimited data option with Verizon by buying at full retail. Is it possible these carriers will say everyone will have to be on a tiered data plan even if bought at retail?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had posted a thread yesterday regarding the unlimited data option with Verizon by buying at full retail. Is it possible these carriers will say everyone will have to be on a tiered data plan even if bought at retail?

It's always possible. Anything is... but pretty unlikely at this point...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I don't think they will anytime soon since its a very small minority who is willing to pay full price to keep unlimited. Maybe in a year or so that will change but not looking that way now. People will just think I want the phone I gotta get a new plan and Pay $200 compared to $600+

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it changed around late spring or early summer. I had to pay the extra $50 on mine.

How does AT&T's early upgrade program work. Because you paid more for upgrading last year, does that mean you qualify for a FULL upgrade this year? Or is it once you start early upgrades with the iPhone you always pay more unless you skip a year? Thanks. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
How does AT&T's early upgrade program work. Because you paid more for upgrading last year, does that mean you qualify for a FULL upgrade this year? Or is it once you start early upgrades with the iPhone you always pay more unless you skip a year? Thanks. :)

I think it goes by when your contract ends or the period you would normally be allowed to upgrade without any extra fees.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I get full upgrade every year. My wife's line only gets early upgrade since its not the primary line but we are iPhone junkies so we pay it. By the time we sell our old iPhones, it's almost a even wash.

And to answer you question, no her line never gets full upgrade because we start a new 2 year contract every year to get her the new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711