Every thing we know about this is wrong.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you noticed anything strange about this iPhone? Since when was a phone leaked with this much detail before? Also where why hasn't the Apple Gestapo arrested the guy who showed the parts the first time? Or attempted to?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Why would you think it's wrong just because we're seeing pieces? We saw an entire iPhone 4 prototype before that came out and it was pretty spot on.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Because the parts are from 3rd party manufacturers apple isn't going to arrest them. Its called controlled leaks. Apple wants to Build hype and try to keep people interested and from choosing another phone for the time being.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Its all planned out. I don't mean that apple literally planned for parts to leak, but they KNEW it would happen one way or another , they embrace it. SPIGEN (the case company) sent me a newsletter email the other day saying something about pre ordering iPhone 5 cases and they had pictures of what I think it's gna look like, liquid metal alloy back with a little white or black glass, a lot of ppl are saying it looks horrible on these forums but I think it looks great. Why do people expect this phone to look 110% different ? I think the square-ish shape looks great and so do millions of other ppl. It's the coolest looking phone out there, all the android ones look the same the only one I like is the new HTC ONE X that thing is pretty cool, but I'm still faithful to iPhone :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The title of this post cannot be accurate because the fact of the matter is...we KNOW nothing right now. The leaked information could very well turn out to be true, but right now, there is nothing factual about it, and therefore cannot really be right or wrong to be honest.

Remember 2011...around this time when this picture was released and everyone was like :eek:

34xjsed.jpg

...and it turned out to be complete BS? The possibility that this same situation is happening is just as legitimate this time as the idea that these new pictures are real...if there is one thing to damn about the internet, it's the destruction of the idea of surprise, and the build up to such. Damn you Al Gore.

Last edited by a moderator:

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Because the parts are from 3rd party manufacturers apple isn't going to arrest them. Its called controlled leaks. Apple wants to Build hype and try to keep people interested and from choosing another phone for the time being.
Yes they will build up hype by basically allowing it to be released. Yes Apple is that dumb aren't they? Just you watch this isn't the next iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes they will build up hype by basically allowing it to be released. Yes Apple is that dumb aren't they? Just you watch this isn't the next iPhone.

This isn't dumb at all. Look how much interest its generating. But you're right this is hurting apple and they are dumb.:rolleyes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The title of this post cannot be accurate because the fact of the matter is...we KNOW nothing right now. The leaked information could very well turn out to be true, but right now, there is nothing factual about it, and therefore cannot really be right or wrong to be honest.

Remember 2011...around this time when this picture was released and everyone was like :eek:

...and it turned out to be complete BS? The possibility that this same situation is happening is just as legitimate this time as the idea that these new pictures are real...if there is one thing to damn about the internet, it's the destruction of the idea of surprise, and the build up to such. Damn you Al Gore.

The title still is correct though. It says everything we know, which in this case may be right or wrong but title still is correct.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

...and it turned out to be complete BS? ...

Just asking... were those really some of the leaks for the 4S? How could anyone think that a photoshopped 3GS with no LED alongside the camera could be the real thing?

I'd understand better if those were the leaks for the iP4... No wonder it was total BS!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I could not agree more. Everything we know (nothing) is wrong... Nothing is wrong.

No need to get our panties in a bunch just yet. Let's wait until Apple announces something...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just asking... were those really some of the leaks for the 4S? How could anyone think that a photoshopped 3GS with no LED alongside the camera could be the real thing?

I'd understand better if those were the leaks for the iP4... No wonder it was total BS!

There was about 10 different leaks that were supposedly the 4s. This year has been the same elongated design the entire time. Its either really good fake that everyone who leaked it made it look the same or gonna turn out to be right.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

And at the same time us here on iMore said it would be a 4S. No actual parts leaked last year of the tear drop like they have this year. Or none that I can recall.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If this is the real deal, then Apple wants to minimize the whiners who will take issue with the "lack of design innovation" since it would be too similar to the iP4/iP4S. So what its about what it can do and not about changing the look every year.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If this is the real deal, then Apple wants to minimize the whiners who will take issue with the "lack of design innovation" since it would be too similar to the iP4/iP4S. So what its about what it can do and not about changing the look every year.

I don't think it's necessarily on design innovation. I think it's because people think that because the next iPhone is essentially a new actual phone (not going to start another debate on the actual name/number sequence), it's a major revision. With a new revision should come a new design, and even if the rumored photos on the device are true, because it does look like an enlongated 4/4S, it's going to disappoint alot of people, design wise.

Just saying. :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods