iPhone 5 Notification LED

Sparro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Any chances or rumours of the iPhone 5 possibly having a Notification LED on the front?
I know there were rumours a while back and it ended up being a setting in accessibility options to turn on the rear camera flash that blinks a few times when a notification comes in.
I think it would be great if somewhere in iOS 6 there was a setting hiding for the new iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish, but I doubt it. Didn't Jobs dislike LED notifications? I think I read that somewhere, but I'm not certain.

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Any chances or rumours of the iPhone 5 possibly having a Notification LED on the front?
I know there were rumours a while back and it ended up being a setting in accessibility options to turn on the rear camera flash that blinks a few times when a notification comes in.
I think it would be great if somewhere in iOS 6 there was a setting hiding for the new iPhone.

I sure hope not... I don't that ugly blinking light on my iPhone. Ever.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Lions Tigers and Led Lights, oh my! If I remember right, last year around this time when this topic was brought up it got pretty heated and the thread got closed. In the end the 4S didn't really get a Led Light other than a option to use the flash for one. I believe the same thing will hold true for the New iPhone as well.... Just my 2?. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Why woldnt someone want an Led light? I personally dont care either way but whats ll the fuss about it being ugly and not wanting one?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why woldnt someone want an Led light? I personally dont care either way but whats ll the fuss about it being ugly and not wanting one?

It's just a matter of preference. That's all. Some want the LED notification light, some don't. Personally, I prefer it as long as there is an option to disable it.

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Reactions: Troy the Creator

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It's just a matter of preference. That's all. Some want the LED notification light, some don't. Personally, I prefer it as long as there is an option to disable it.

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Or better yet, a way to remove it and fill in the hole...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What if like one poster said on the imore home page they made the home button light up acting as a led notification? Then its not really adding anything to the phone.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I'm looking forward to when the iPhone has an LED light for notifications. It's more practice for notifications and it'll better battery life of the device overall. Just think about it: your little tiny LED lights up instead of your huge screen, the speakers are off and soo is the vibrate. I had this system on my blackberry and it's the only thing I really miss from it.

To those who say no, for whatever reason, I say you should be able to disable the LED from lighting up. Having a feature that can be turned off is better than having less features in my opinon. On the Nexus 2 the LED cant even be seen until it lights up, soo really how can something be ugly if it's not visible unless used?

Steve is gone, and it's time for Apple to change and innovate like they always do. Sticking to the script limits you, but Apple has always bee about leading the market, not chasing it.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...Apple has always been about leading the market, not chasing it.

Having an notification LED would not be leading. It would be following... If notification LEDs are your thing, then the iPhone is not your thing.

This entire argument is like buying a Ford, and whining that it doesn't have GM's ONSTAR in it...

Reactions: DaPhoneking

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Having an notification LED would not be leading. It would be following... If notification LEDs are your thing, then the iPhone is not your thing.

This entire argument is like buying a Ford, and whining that it doesn't have GM's ONSTAR in it...

Keith, we are usually in agreement, but I have to disagree with you on this particular subject and support Sharma15's viewpoint.. I highly doubt that the next iPhone will come with an L.E.D notification, however, if it does, I will welcome it and that doesn't mean that the iPhone is not my thing because currently it is. If wanting an L.E.D notification meant that the iPhone isn't my thing then what about the people who wanted drop down notifications, Facebook & Twitter integration among other things that was not part of the original iPhone?

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Last edited: