iPhone 5 Notification LED

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i agree i think that if one was implemented there would be a disable option... i personally love the idea.. kinda like the FaceTime light on mac... small and simple..and if disabled you wouldn't even notice it...

Exactly!...;)

shenaclare

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this post entirely. I had an an iPhone 4 sold it, got an SGII and just bought an iPhone 5 on Saturday. I wouldn't mind an notification and a few other features. There is always room for improvement and we can only just hope Apple will become edgier as the years go on.

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
There is a work around for a quasi notification light by using a Accessibility feature already built in to the iPhone, no hacking or jail breaking needed.

It was discussed in a blog that can be found here:

How to turn the iPhone?s camera flash into a blinking alert light | here's the thing

Personally it might be OK to have one that could be turned on or off, but when I had a Blackberry, I was never too fond of the bright flashing in the room at night when I was trying to sleep and a message came through in the middle of the night turning the room into a disco.

Rhiina

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, i dont realy want one, or miss one for that matter. But if it had one i would probably use it. Its a extra feature. And if apple can make it "invissible" and with a function to turn it off, then why not? The home button seems a good idea. But as it is, it does not have one and im not missing it.

Edit: on the side of the phone maybe? There are macbooks i think ive read, where the alu is so thin u can see the light throu it. Would make it invissible

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

spektakle

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally it might be OK to have one that could be turned on or off, but when I had a Blackberry, I was never too fond of the bright flashing in the room at night when I was trying to sleep and a message came through in the middle of the night turning the room into a disco.

That's why Blackberry has bedside mode so you can choose to disable the led at night.

The led light is great. You can configure it to show different colours for different contacts so you can see who is emailing you or texting you without even picking the phone up. Of course it can be disabled completely too but I doubt too many do that. Moving to iphone it is a feature I really miss.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's why Blackberry has bedside mode so you can choose to disable the led at night.

The led light is great. You can configure it to show different colours for different contacts so you can see who is emailing you or texting you without even picking the phone up. Of course it can be disabled completely too but I doubt too many do that. Moving to iphone it is a feature I really miss.

Not so coincidentally, one can do the same thing with ring tones and alert sounds. Trust me, God forbid, if Apple ever puts that annoying flashing LED alert on an iPhone, mine will most definitely be turned off. Or I won’t even consider that version of the phone.

bogeyx5

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Recent technological advancements have allowed phone manufacturers to completely hide an LED light under the glass and completely invisible when not lit. Take my white SGS3 for example: I know exactly where the LED is located (just left of the earpiece) but when the LED is off, I cannot see it no matter how hard I look.

The LED can be turned on or off completely, different colors, solid or blinking, etc. And to top it off, the above mentioned LED modes can be app specific: solid red light for missed phone calls, blinking blue light for texts, nothing for emails, blinking white light for Facebook messages/notifications.

I have both the iP5 and SGS3 and I appreciate the LED but it's only a feature. I wouldn't mind a similar style LED light on a future iPhone.

MANdroidd

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
there an option in settings where you can have your flash light up when you get a notification. its under general-> accessibility-->Led notifications

Drayk

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The lack of LED notification is the only thing that keeps me from giving iPhone serious consideration. I had an iPhone 3s for about 3 weeks and it hampered my "system"
I'm a contractor and rely heavily on email/txt. If I'm waiting for an important message & my phone is on the table charging, it's great to know the little blue light will let me know when that email I've been waiting for comes in . Otherwise, I need to light up my phone every 5 minutes to check.

>>>>>>>> please.... no flaming. This thread looks like a crackberry post if you disagree w/the masses. Wouldn't it be nice to have the option?<<<<<<<<<
This is just my opinion

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
First thing noticed, and didn't like when I tried an Android phone was the lack of pop-up notifications like the iPhone. Even the Apps that were suposed to provide that same kind of functionality didn't work nearly as well as the iPhone at this, and I never did get used to receiving a text and looking over at my desk just to see a flashing light instead of the actual message either ...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
The lack of LED notification is the only thing that keeps me from giving iPhone serious consideration. I had an iPhone 3s for about 3 weeks and it hampered my "system"
I'm a contractor and rely heavily on email/txt. If I'm waiting for an important message & my phone is on the table charging, it's great to know the little blue light will let me know when that email I've been waiting for comes in . Otherwise, I need to light up my phone every 5 minutes to check.

>>>>>>>> please.... no flaming. This thread looks like a crackberry post if you disagree w/the masses. Wouldn't it be nice to have the option?<<<<<<<<<
This is just my opinion
If it's that important to you to get those messages, why not set the phone to vibrate and chime until you read the message? Half the time I never saw the flashing led till long after I received the message anyhow ...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

This is just my opinion

I respectfully disagree. There ARE other ways of getting the information without a flashing LED.

Also, if you don’t want to be flamed, why do you have a bag over your head? :) ... unless you’re the Unknown Contractor.
(<--- THAT was a joke)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can set the camera flash to blink when you reciev

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Yes. It’s an extremely rudimentary approach... but in an "I absolutely, positively have to have a flashing light on my phone" way, it will work to a point...

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I respectfully disagree. There ARE other ways of getting the information without a flashing LED.

Also, if you don?t want to be flamed, why do you have a bag over your head? :) ... unless you?re the Unknown Contractor.
(<--- THAT was a joke)

That was my avatar you're referring to not the person you were responding to.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox