iPhone 5 Notification LED

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iPhones already have an on screen notification.

If the redundancy of the LED makes you feel good, that's just lovely, and if Apple accommodates you, that will be swell. I'll turn the silly thing off.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
My phone would always be blinking. I always have notifications or new email. Yep, i'd turn that off quick.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
If you wanted an LED notification light, why in bloody bleep did you buy an iPhone knowing it didn't have one? iPhones have never had one, likely won't - yet you're here complaining about that. What a waste of time, resources, etc... smh.

so much for remaining silent... :eek:

Seriously?

The fanboys are really getting ridiculous, people have said the same thing about every new feature the iPhone has added over the years, yet they keep buying them. There was all sorts of complaining and whining over the idea of a front facing camera prior to the iPhone 4, now nobody even thinks about it. Notification lights can be disabled just like every other iOS feature, and as seen in other phones, can easily be made to be completely invisible when not on.

I guess you drive an original Model T as well, who needs anything more!!

Reactions: Premium1

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Not wanting an led is ignorant???

How bout don't be arrogant like you're being forcing a feature onto a phone just because YOU want it... smh. :(

Having a notification light enabled is a choice, if it was up to you, you'd force us all to use an outdated device forever that never gets any new features because you think things should never advance or change because you personally have no use for a feature. That is the height of arrogance.

I find it strange how people that tolerated the horrid pop-up notifications for 4 years, are so opposed to a notification light.

The more features, the better!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharma15

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
And we're you king, we'd have your tyranny. And that last paragraph... Mr Kettle, meet Mr. Pot.

Dude words can HURT you know???

But yours are typically a childish defense mecanism...

You seem to have forgotten one thing though... you didn't "smh" me... What, am I unworthy of your Grace shaking His head down on ME? I guess I am disappointed...

idlin

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Having a notification light enabled is a choice, if it was up to you, you'd force us all to use an outdated device forever that never gets any new features because you think things should never advance or change because you personally have no use for a feature. That is the height of arrogance.

I find it strange how people that tolerated the horrid pop-up notifications for 4 years, are so opposed to a notification light.

It just isn't 'Apple-y' enough I guess. Breaks up the minimalist design imo.

That would be very very very low on my list if I were to write one on the things iOS/Apple needs.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
iPhones already have an on screen notification.

If the redundancy of the LED makes you feel good, that's just lovely, and if Apple accommodates you, that will be swell. I'll turn the silly thing off.

Except not everyone wants to have to turn the screen on to see if they have a notification all the time. A simple led would solve this for those people. Just because YOU have a one track mind and feel it is the best does not mean others feel the same. Honestly I do not care but some do. If you hate it so much you can turn it off.:D

Reactions: redbeard

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Because it has a half eaten fruit on the back and if apple felt those notifications were ok then their loyal followers believed that hog wash also.:rolleyes:

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love for this feature to be added. When i had an android device i really liked being able to set the led to blink diff colors for diff notifications. i could tell if i had a text/email/facebook update at a glance.. I work in a rough environment so i don't keep my phone with me at all times. This feature helped me prioritize
when i would check my phone. If it was a text that's more important then a facebook notification and what not. if it comes to ios i'm sure you will like it. plus when off you couldn't even see it.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not wanting an led is ignorant???

How bout don't be arrogant like you're being forcing a feature onto a phone just because YOU want it... smh. :(

So by forcing the cloud or other features like that that not everyone uses is OK? You are such an ignorant fanboy. Nobody is "complaining" they are just voicing what they would like to see. Guess these are your forums and people can't say what they would like to have on the phone.:rolleyes:

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Having an notification LED would not be leading. It would be following... If notification LEDs are your thing, then the iPhone is not your thing.

This entire argument is like buying a Ford, and whining that it doesn't have GM's ONSTAR in it...

Yep, would be following and incorporating functionality that makes sense. I look forward to the iPhone having an LED on the front for such things, if and when it does. I don't sleep with the thing, its not glued to my body ALL day, and if I pick it up after putting it down (what? oh my!) and missed something, I would like to know about that without having to turn on the screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LED notification light to me is like the necessity of having BBM on a phone...it's just not useful anymore in the world of smart phones (at least to me anyways). I can understand some people's desire to have something screaming in their face that a message is waiting for them, but the truth is, the LED notification light was a relevant feature in the day where your phone wasn't as in line with ultra-frequent usage during the day...i remember leaving my blackberry for hours on a desk or wherever because i had no use for any of its true functionality...with the amount of regularly used features on the iPhone (and other smart phones in the market), the presence of something you could use at nearly all times is infinitely more prevalent.

Just my opinion though, if it had one, my ass wouldn't be chapped really at all.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
LED notification light to me is like the necessity of having BBM on a phone...it's just not useful anymore in the world of smart phones (at least to me anyways). I can understand some people's desire to have something screaming in their face that a message is waiting for them, but the truth is, the LED notification light was a relevant feature in the day where your phone wasn't as in line with ultra-frequent usage during the day...i remember leaving my blackberry for hours on a desk or wherever because i had no use for any of its true functionality...with the amount of regularly used features on the iPhone (and other smart phones in the market), the presence of something you could use at nearly all times is infinitely more prevalent.

Just my opinion though, if it had one, my ass wouldn't be chapped really at all.

Then imessage is not needed either according to you? Since it essentially the same as bbm.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree to a point, Sean, but it still boils down to preference and the reason for its preference is irrelevant because it won't apply to everyone. Having an L.E.D notification and the option to disable it is a win-win situation because those who would use it will and those who won't will not, in my opinion. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Then imessage is not needed either according to you? Since it essentially the same as bbm.

The range of communication amongst varying devices makes it a much more legitimate form of messaging, since it basically connects a computer using iMessage to an iPhone using iMessage to an iPad using iMessage to an iPod Touch using iMessage (etc etc etc). BBM was like the prehistoric version of this...which is REALLY obsolete now, and while iMessage is certainly not a necessity, it offers a world more functionality which keeps it relevant in many ways.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree to a point, Sean, but it still boils down to preference and the reason for its preference is irrelevant because it won't apply to everyone. Having an L.E.D notification and the option to disable it is a win-win situation because those who would use it will and those who won't will not, in my opinion. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

But on the flip side of that coin, what about those people who prefer not to have the cosmetic layout of the iPhone interrupted by a protruding LED on the body of the phone...should their preference be shoved to the side in the idea that some people might want an LED?

The best approach to this would be hiding it under the glass panel...do that and anyone that would complain about it are going to complain regardless. Like i said, personally, i don't care if the thing has an LED, but i probably wouldn't use it.

mjs416

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny that some ancillary notification component is drawing the ire of so many fan boys. As if a 1/2 cm cut out will completely ruin the look of a black slab. While I can understand your average soccer mom wont need it - but for people using their phones for business - why wouldnt you want it?

poiman

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
This shouldn't even be under discussion. The LED lights should be there and the ones who don't like them can turn them off. More choice is always better than less choice. The ring around the home button should light up in different colours according to the kind of notifications you receive.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods