OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos [ARE YOU???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure what people were expecting in the iPhone5 to make it significantly different than previous models. I could have all but guaranteed the following:

1. It won't have a physical keyboard. If you were waiting for one like a Blackberry, don't hold your breath.
2. It will have one home button and a sleep button. Were there really people expecting more buttons?
3. It will be a slate form factor. It certainly wasn't gonna be a flip phone.

Once you have those basics down, the rest is size dimensions, size of the screen, thickness of the phone. Location of the headphone jack is really a minor detail which probably won't affect many buyer's decisions. The new dock connector, again, a minor detail and not really a deal killer.

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
No, it applied to those who are raising concern over a LEAKED photo that has about as much legitimate information about the new iPhone as this hot dog does...

Click to view quoted image

Well you are persistent. But you are in the wrong thread. Read carefully the title of this thread. Focus on the words "IPhone 5 Rumored Photos". This was pointed out to you before. Your comments, however well-intentioned, are not suited to this thread. It isn't about being right or wrong, it is about being on target.

Nice hot dog. Thanks for sharing.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Enjoy your fantasy land... ever hear of the self fulfilling prophesy? Those looking to be disappointed usually are.

I think you have been stuck in a book or classroom too long...

Based on your line of thought, the iPhone 5 could have a trackball and wheel and you would be pleased and spill the same non-sense for those of us who were disappointed.

Sean, do you still not realize that this thread is discussing the leaked photos only and not anything else? We've all seen the photos and if we do not like then, this is the tread to comment on. If that upsets you, then stop commenting.

It's already been mentioned that the S3 will have JB Q3 so that is what I am waiting for if I do take that route. And if the iPhone 6 (2013) is a better improvement, then I'll consider going back but I'm not going to get the iPhone because it is "cool" and has an Apple logo on it like many will do (and you know who you are).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well you are persistent. But you are in the wrong thread. Read carefully the title of this thread. Focus on the words "IPhone 5 Rumored Photos". This was pointed out to you before. Your comments, however well-intentioned, are not suited to this thread. It isn't about being right or wrong, it is about being on target.

Nice hot dog. Thanks for sharing.

And you've apparently forgotten what I was responding to in the first place, so I'll revisit the recent past. There was a little bickering going on about a certain retort that pretty much said "If you want to be disappointed, you will be" in response to the flood of people getting bent over a leaked mock up of the coming iPhone...and he was right in his comment, people who want to be disappointed over leaked, unofficial information about a product that has no legitimate information on the market yet are certainly going to be, and i furthered it by saying that it was foolish to do so because, as we've seen in the past, these things are many times complete BS.

I understand this thread is discussing leaked photos...its not a real difficult concept to grasp. Understand that I'm simply pointing out how silly such passionate distaste is from many of you over these leaked photos...because of the fact that there's nothing factual about them. It's like going on rotten tomatoes 2 weeks before a movie is released and reading some obscure review saying a film is going to suck...deciding, based on that, that it will suck...and then flailing around like an idiot reporting that the movie sucks. Again, i understand this is the thread to react to the subject at hand (leaked photos), but don't be surprised when people who've watched this happen year after year sit back, laugh at you and tell you to chill out and wait for the official releases...it's actually humorous some of you are still on about it to be honest, you guys are like doppelg?ngers of members from years past.

Last edited:
Reactions: kch50428

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Can this thread be closed? It's not "official" and the op should be banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No **** what gave it away maybe the fact even the title said "rumored pics" damn people never cease to amaze with their lack of reading and down right stupidity. :rolleyes:

Reactions: osensnolf

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Sean I don't believe you are laughing. Your response indicates much frustration and anger. You are putting a round response into a square hole. I think most understand you have no opinion about leaked photos except that they are leaked and are not valid for discussion.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...i assure you there's no frustration, and certainly no anger...boredom maybe, a desire to retort for the sake of doing so most likely, but other than that, its just pretty silly honestly.

I never cared to offer an opinion on the photos because they are hot dogs. And now this conversation is quite boring (in a rounded square hole).

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I understand this thread is discussing leaked photos...its not a real difficult concept to grasp. Understand that I'm simply pointing out how silly such passionate distaste is from many of you over these leaked photos...because of the fact that there's nothing factual about them.

Fair enough.. when the actual device is announced and looks much like the mocked photos, we can all come back here to complain and we can ask Rene to rename the thread to " OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 [ARE YOU???]"

As for how it looks in your hand - I'm sure that wasn't hard to mock up. Put ANY of the OLD iPhones in your hand and stretch the height.

(thanks to the poster though for sharing)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Help me recall... last year when we all hoped to get the teardrop iPhone 5, there were a lot of 3rd-party case leaks. Were there part leaks to go along with it?

I really hope the parts we see floating around are some knockoff parts from generations past and not the real deal.

I'm just ready for it to be announced. I do not get any ATT cell service where I live and I can't use a MicroCell since the upload on the DSL is too slow. I have to switch to Verizon and am ready for the phone to be announced so that I can make a decision and get a cell phone that works.

Blahhhhh

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Help me recall... last year when we all hoped to get the teardrop iPhone 5, there were a lot of 3rd-party case leaks. Were there part leaks to go along with it?

I really hope the parts we see floating around are some knockoff parts from generations past and not the real deal.

I'm just ready for it to be announced. I do not get any ATT cell service where I live and I can't use a MicroCell since the upload on the DSL is too slow. I have to switch to Verizon and am ready for the phone to be announced so that I can make a decision and get a cell phone that works.

Blahhhhh

No real leaked parts or anything like this year. Just a few internal things(camera, home button) and the tear drop were all renders and the third party cases idk who made those

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No real leaked parts or anything like this year. Just a few internal things(camera, home button) and the tear drop were all renders and the third party cases idk who made those

Yeah, that is what I remember as well. That is most likely the 2017 design.

Maybe Apple is taking taking the approach with iPhone that Microsoft took with the Xbox. Let it live for 10 years and then do a big overhaul. No doubt the "big overhaul" will be nice but I doubt it is this release.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is what I remember as well. That is most likely the 2017 design.

Maybe Apple is taking taking the approach with iPhone that Microsoft took with the Xbox. Let it live for 10 years and then do a big overhaul. No doubt the "big overhaul" will be nice but I doubt it is this release.

Yeah that year drop design is probably the iPhone 11 design.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Quite a memory you have!

Would you happen to know what Case Mate's CEO had for dinner that night?

Just kidding, just kidding... :D

And I hear people say they know everything about iPhone... but most of them adopt the "within the device" point of view only. I should encourage them to read these forums, some of you guys are insane! :)

Reactions: DaPhoneking

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I can ever be disappointed with what Apple decides to release. Not my place to say... There are so many phone choices I can go another direction if they don't have what I want and/or need. Also there is a lot that goes into their business decisions we are not privy to, that helps drive their choices. I have wanted a quick launch (native) for BT for a while, and looks like we are still NOT getting it. I don't know why, but why cloud my head with complaints about not having it... I use a work around and live with it.

Regardless the iPhone and the Apps have been the best phone I have had. It is a close to the Dick Tracy gadgets I wanted when growing up. So far rock solid for me, and I like iOS 6 so far, and Beta 4 seems solid so I am good.

Will I upgrade.. most likely not, as I don't want to deal with the size or cable size change right now.

ultradr

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It's the sexiness that disappeared from iPhone 4.

In terms of design, I think iPhone 4 was a failure. Remember antenna gate ? The IBM guy Apple pulled
for iPhone 4 was fired, AFAIK. Despite all that iPhone 4 was phenomenal success due to its UX (and software).

I think that's why Apple is sticking with iPhone4-esque design, at least for a while. I can understand they
do not want to fiddle with something that is doing well.

If Steve were alive, he would have changed it, IMHO. Including 7 inch iPad, it starts to show the sign of Steve's absence, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh