OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos [ARE YOU???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

idlin

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't see why an iPhone 4 owner like me would be disappointed by the iPhone 5 rumours. It's going to be at least 3x faster, have 2x the RAM, a bigger screen, a better camera, a slicker OS (I'm stuck on my jailbroken iOS4 :'[ ), and I'm even digging the metal back. Might even be able to go caseless now.
Can't wait!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
How did you derive this from what was said? There is NOTHING factual about the new iPhone on the internet right now, just a bunch of "leaked" information that could have come from anywhere...people who are looking to be disappointed with the iPhone anyways are going to do this prematurely of course because that is what they want to reflect as an opinion...

He was referencing the idea of being turned off to a product that has no official information out on it yet, based on a few tidbits of random (and probably false) information.

You're quick to label, which tells me that you're probably one of the same people who are already forming negative opinions about a product that hasn't even been PREVIEWED, much less released for a real once over. Interesting you'd call someone a sheep...when you yourself are following a herd.

Sean - Maybe you forgot to read the name of the thread. I didn't say I was disappointed in the iPhone 5 - I said I was disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos. It doesn't matter if it has 20 GB RAM and 5GHz and other insane hardware specs - the images are proposed to be the final version and that is what I am disappointed in.

Again, I don't care what is on the outside. I want the outside to look great.

It reminds me of when you friends try to hook you up with an ugly girl. You ask if she is pretty and they say, "She is really nice." [Referring to inside beauty.] The outside has to equally be as nice.

I think pappy53 hit the nail on the head.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I really hope it'll be a whole new generation...if not, it'll just be boring and they will loose a whole lot of upgraders...

No they will only lose a few because their loyal followers upgrade no matter how tiny if an upgrade it is. Reason why I phones sell so well.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean - Maybe you forgot to read the name of the thread. I didn't say I was disappointed in the iPhone 5 - I said I was disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos. It doesn't matter if it has 20 GB RAM and 5GHz and other insane hardware specs - the images are proposed to be the final version and that is what I am disappointed in.

Again, I don't care what is on the outside. I want the outside to look great.

It reminds me of when you friends try to hook you up with an ugly girl. You ask if she is pretty and they say, "She is really nice." [Referring to inside beauty.] The outside has to equally be as nice.

I think pappy53 hit the nail on the head.

I repeat...there is no legitimate information online right now about the iPhone, that includes pictures. Those are leaks, and if anyone recalls what happened last year before the 4S release, the amount of purely bogus "pictures" of the coming phone was staggering. Again, anyone that is disappointed with the info that is on the internet right now is doing so prematurely.

To use your analogy in a way...it'd be like a friend hooking you up with a girl he's never met or seen before, and when you ask what she looks like, he goes "Well, i searched for this girls name on the internet and found this picture on google images...", having no real idea if that person is her or some random stranger somewhere far away. And you decide to be disgusted because you assume that is her.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No they will only lose a few because their loyal followers upgrade no matter how tiny if an upgrade it is. Reason why I phones sell so well.

You act as if anyone who upgrades to a minimally updated iPhone model is doing so purely from a loyalty to Apple...what about people who simply prefer the way the iPhone is laid out (iOS and design wise)? Those people who prefer the customer service given to consumers who buy Apple products? Those who don't feel the upgrades throughout the generations of iPhone's were minimalistic?

I could literally go on for days with variations of different kinds of approaches to people who buy iPhones and why they do it outside of the idea that it's simply through loyalty. And loyalty certainly deserves it's place within the reasoning, but i find it laughable that someone would consider that a main reason iPhone's sell so well...and absurd if anyone considers it the ONLY reason they sell so well (as you seemed to imply).

Reactions: GPAbsinthe

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You act as if anyone who upgrades to a minimally updated iPhone model is doing so purely from a loyalty to Apple...what about people who simply prefer the way the iPhone is laid out (iOS and design wise)? Those people who prefer the customer service given to consumers who buy Apple products? Those who don't feel the upgrades throughout the generations of iPhone's were minimalistic?

I could literally go on for days with variations of different kinds of approaches to people who buy iPhones and why they do it outside of the idea that it's simply through loyalty. And loyalty certainly deserves it's place within the reasoning, but i find it laughable that someone would consider that a main reason iPhone's sell so well...and absurd if anyone considers it the ONLY reason they sell so well (as you seemed to imply).

Never said it was the only reason I said its one of the main reasons and its laughable if you think otherwise. Also to go with your 'how its laid out' I think more has to do with people buying it because it is an iPhone and they do not care about anything else.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I repeat...there is no legitimate information online right now about the iPhone, that includes pictures. Those are leaks, and if anyone recalls what happened last year before the 4S release, the amount of purely bogus "pictures" of the coming phone was staggering. Again, anyone that is disappointed with the info that is on the internet right now is doing so prematurely.

To use your analogy in a way...it'd be like a friend hooking you up with a girl he's never met or seen before, and when you ask what she looks like, he goes "Well, i searched for this girls name on the internet and found this picture on google images...", having no real idea if that person is her or some random stranger somewhere far away. And you decide to be disgusted because you assume that is her.

And the leaks could very well end up being legitimate then you would be eating those words:D right now its just leaks but in a few weeks we will find out for sure.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And the leaks could very well end up being legitimate then you would be eating those words:D right now its just leaks but in a few weeks we will find out for sure.

You're absolutely right, they could end up being the end product pictures...no doubt about that. But words will not be eaten my friend :p , I'm simply talking about the "now", where people are getting pissy over pictures that are just early leaks of something that MIGHT be the iPhone, or MIGHT be a chinese knock off. Point being, hold your passionate judgement for the real deal...it can go either way on these things (like last year, where everyone hyped up a bunch of leaked pictures that turned out to be BS).

As far as what you said before, i can only go on your own comment, which was "Reason why I phones sell so well." I didn't see "one of the reasons" there, so i could only retort on what i was reading...

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
You work for Apple?

Those disappointed by the iPhone5 leaks are disappointed because they want to be disappointed. Those who look for fail, find fail. Think different people.

On the face of it, that is a pretty silly statement. What power allows you to determine what it is that other people want? Or, are you just late to your Zen class?

Reactions: osensnolf

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
How did you derive this from what was said? There is NOTHING factual about the new iPhone on the internet right now, just a bunch of "leaked" information that could have come from anywhere...people who are looking to be disappointed with the iPhone anyways are going to do this prematurely of course because that is what they want to reflect as an opinion...

He was referencing the idea of being turned off to a product that has no official information out on it yet, based on a few tidbits of random (and probably false) information.

You're quick to label, which tells me that you're probably one of the same people who are already forming negative opinions about a product that hasn't even been PREVIEWED, much less released for a real once over. Interesting you'd call someone a sheep...when you yourself are following a herd.

"You're quick to label....."

My goodness, that is what the original poster did, twice! "want to be disappointed" and "find fail". And it was not limited in scope. It applied to any who might raise a concern about a proposed iPhone5 and how it might appear. The OP dismisses any criticism with a preemptive Ad Hominum attack.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not an Apple fanboy and do not own any Android devices, but after owning the iPhone 3GS, 4, and 4S, I'm tired of looking at the same front design.

Are you??

Sure, the resolution has got better, but putting glass on the back of the phone caused many of us to use cases. The result... the same looking phone for the past 3-4 years.

Like many others, I do not want to use a new OS, re-buy my apps, or give up on the iPhone, but the leaked photos I have seen are not impressive.

On top of that, today we saw photos from 2005 that resemble the same iPhone 4/4S design. Is Apple that far "ahead" or that far behind?

This time last year were we were anticipating a tear-drop design and that didn't happen. Here's to hoping the current rumors are true.

Otherwise, I'll be moving to Android and picking up the S3.

So, what about you??

I wouldnt jump to the s3 since it looks the same as the s2 and not on jellybean so this will be a backwards upgrade..

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
As long as the device looks at least half decent (which I think the supposed iPhone 5 does), I care more about how it'll function and what it'll do, rather than how it looks.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
"You're quick to label....."

My goodness, that is what the original poster did, twice! "want to be disappointed" and "find fail". And it was not limited in scope. It applied to any who might raise a concern about a proposed iPhone5 and how it might appear. The OP dismisses any criticism with a preemptive Ad Hominum attack.

No, it applied to those who are raising concern over a LEAKED photo that has about as much legitimate information about the new iPhone as this hot dog does...

Hot-Dog-Month.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On the face of it, that is a pretty silly statement. What power allows you to determine what it is that other people want? Or, are you just late to your Zen class?

Enjoy your fantasy land... ever hear of the self fulfilling prophesy? Those looking to be disappointed usually are.

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
What power allows you to determine what it is that other people want?

Enjoy your fantasy land... ever hear of the self fulfilling prophesy? Those looking to be disappointed usually are.

Please, no more pronouncements. There is still a question you haven't answered.

"What power allows you to determine what it is that other people want?"

Status
Not open for further replies.