OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos [ARE YOU???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccostel

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Overall, I am somewhat happy with the hardware side of the rumors. I would not be upset if it was slightly wider and not thinner. My hope however is that they still redo the home screen. I am just tired of the old app launcher icon screen design. I currently jailbreak my iphone 4, but would prefer to not have to do that.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I recently moved to the country and hardly get cell service so while LTE is a nice feature when in town, it will not be of much help (since I work from home and not in town often).

I agree that changing the internals is good, but since when did we care as much about that? We buy cars and houses and other big ticket items because of how they look when often they are fundamentally equal to other cheaper options.

I will consider the iPhone 5 if it is the current mock-up design but I've almost convinced myself to get the S3 this round and wait for Apple to refresh their design.

There is no doubt though that Samsung and their carriers have done a great job marketing the phone. It's good to see so many companies promoting the S3 and it will/should only help encourage Apple to develop even better iPhones and the same challenge goes with Samsung.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no doubt though that Samsung and their carriers have done a great job marketing the phone. It's good to see so many companies promoting the S3 and it will/should only help encourage Apple to develop even better iPhones and the same challenge goes with Samsung.

Samsung might do a good job as far as marketing goes, but their QC and customer service leave a lot to be desired.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not. I think it looks pretty good. I would have loved the phone to be just a little bit wider though. The metal back is welcomed for sure, as i have an ipod nano 2nd gen and the metal body still look pretty good. But not so sure about the glossy top and bottom part at the back. It looks a little un-apple-ish. But overall pretty ok with it. I don't love it, but its ok.

But... its still just a rumour. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out real, but nothing is 100% as of yet.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung might do a good job as far as marketing goes, but their QC and customer service leave a lot to be desired.

+1

I had an LTE Galaxy Nexus since launch and recently just switched to an iPhone 4. I loved the phone and thankfully didn't have an issues but what made me angry was the lack of accessory support for the LTE version of the phone. The GSM version got all the cool pogo pin accessories that's what pissed me off at Samsung why release a phone with that functionality and not take advantage of it. GRR will never buy another Samsung device because of that.

Now back on topic I'm excited for the new iPhone and if the leaked pictures turn out to be the real design I'll be stoked I for one like the two tone back and the design of the 4 still. Very excited to get LTE back as that's one thing I sacrificed when giving up my GN.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately Apple doesn't see things this way. They are more focused on making internal changes to their iPhone rather that external changes. The new iPhone will have more than a longer screen, it will also have a better camera, LTE, as well as a faster processor. These things alone will get me to switch from the 4S to the new iPhone. :)

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

I'm not saying that I *wouldn't* buy it, especially if it had all these features. All i'm saying is is the current design is old and would also like it to have a new design. At least make it look like *something* new and not feel like a revision.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how a 4" screen iPhone would not feel like something new right from the start... Can't wait to see that with my own two eyes! After three 3.5" iPhones, for a couple of weeks I will be like "Whoa!" every time I'll look at it. And if it is a little bit thinner too it will just feel all the more different, sleeker, better. Whatever kind of feature suits you the most, iOS6 has got some for everybody. Everyone is excited about LTE and NFC. Really, what does it take for it to be new, some integrated, collapsible mini bar? When I look at the iPhone 4/4S and think of my old 3GS, I see an improvement in design, materials and performance that was worth at least two generations of similar handsets - and I'd gladly take any iPhone 5 that would still use glass on both sides and sport the same antenna. As far as I'm concerned, the iPhone 4S is purpose and clarity, a flawless blend of style and efficiency, smart engineering in a sharp outfit that quietly states innovation should not be made of plastic. I'm sure that when the final version of the next iPhone will be out there it will be just as amazing,

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Sell like hotcakes!

I'm sure the final will be close to the leak but expect apple to surprise! maybe twice the current resolution to make up for the new screen size! Sure that is overkill in the retina rating but then again this phone design is set to last for two years. At the end of the day, Apple knows what they are doing and far ahead of competition. The phone will be the most successful iphone yet!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
but then again this phone design is set to last for two years.

That is what we were told. If that is the case, this better be much different than the leaks or else it is a 4-year design.

Look at the leaked photos from 2005. The phone concept looks very similar.

No doubt that Apple has made it very Fisher Price. I like the idea of being able to mod my phone without jailbreakin.

Once Jellybean is on the S3, it will make a huge difference in performance and function (or so I have heard).

On an encouraging note, I was looking at the leaked S3 photos that were floating around up to a week before the launch and they were way off compared to what actually came so maybe the same is happening here.

If Apple leaks some undesired concepts, then that will make anything that is better look good and worth having.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Those disappointed by the iPhone5 leaks are disappointed because they want to be disappointed. Those who look for fail, find fail. Think different people.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Those disappointed by the iPhone5 leaks are disappointed because they want to be disappointed. Those who look for fail, find fail. Think different people.

Exactly, kch. Besides, look at the number of sales that the 4S has had so far in spite of the number of people who said they wouldn't buy it due to the same design as the 4. IMHO, people need to look past the physical design and start looking at all of the good features that the New iPhone is going to have.

WPeelman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
i actually like the mock up of the iphone 5 as well as the two-tone back
whether the mock up is or isn't the real thing, i'll buy it

as for the GS3 i really don't like the look nor do i like the size, it's way to big for me
not that i've ever been a fan of any samsung phones (both regular as smartphone) even tho i never owned one, all of my friends and family who owned one got rid of it after less than a half year i think

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re:OFFICAL:I'm Dissapointed in the iPhone5 Rumored Ph...

I actually like the new iPhone rumored pictures. I like the enhanced screen. I have always loved apple and will never stop, but I secretly love the android hudge screens. So I for one am excited for the reveal.
Check out this picture from this other post on iMore.
Tim Cook talks new iPhone speculation | iMore.com

Everything about this picture I love except for one thing...
THE CHARGER!!!!!?!!!!
The slot for the charger won't accept the chargers that when know and love today. I'm just saying, but once your at the airport and forgot your charger and you waiting on a flight not to many will offer you a charger that is for your generation!

I mean sometimes, since I travel a lot, someone has an iPhone and I over hear them say, "Dang! Put charger in check luggage!"

Then your screwed over with boredism. I may be over reacting. But other than that it passes my inspection...haha.
Have fun with that one apple;)
P.S-Dont have to much cause we like things when they say they are supposed to come out. But take your time and make it the best iPhone yet!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

This comment takes the award for dumbest comment on iMore.

Are you saying that we should be happy and settle with ANY Apple release? If so, you are an overly obsessed fanboy.

Your comment about failing is also amusing. I am not going to discuss personal/professional accomplishments online.

You should have just said, "I don't care what it looks like, I'll buy it because I'm a sheep and follow the Apple."

Reactions: redbeard

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
" At the end of the day, Apple knows what they are doing and far ahead of competition." Far ahead? Not any more, as Android with Jelly Bean has probably surpassed them. And no, I'm not a fandroid, as I use a 4S.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I find it a bit strange to feel disappointed on a phone that hasn't even been released yet.

All the rumors etc are just hearsay, until Apple announces it.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
" At the end of the day, Apple knows what they are doing and far ahead of competition." Far ahead? Not any more, as Android with Jelly Bean has probably surpassed them. And no, I'm not a fandroid, as I use a 4S.

I think the point here is that Apple are far ahead "in certain areas" as in usability, apps, sales per individual SKU etc

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This comment takes the award for dumbest comment on iMore.

Are you saying that we should be happy and settle with ANY Apple release? If so, you are an overly obsessed fanboy.

Your comment about failing is also amusing. I am not going to discuss personal/professional accomplishments online.

You should have just said, "I don't care what it looks like, I'll buy it because I'm a sheep and follow the Apple."

How did you derive this from what was said? There is NOTHING factual about the new iPhone on the internet right now, just a bunch of "leaked" information that could have come from anywhere...people who are looking to be disappointed with the iPhone anyways are going to do this prematurely of course because that is what they want to reflect as an opinion...

He was referencing the idea of being turned off to a product that has no official information out on it yet, based on a few tidbits of random (and probably false) information.

You're quick to label, which tells me that you're probably one of the same people who are already forming negative opinions about a product that hasn't even been PREVIEWED, much less released for a real once over. Interesting you'd call someone a sheep...when you yourself are following a herd.

Reactions: nokia4life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR