OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos [ARE YOU???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's the sexiness that disappeared from iPhone 4.

In terms of design, I think iPhone 4 was a failure. Remember antenna gate ? The IBM guy Apple pulled
for iPhone 4 was fired, AFAIK. Despite all that iPhone 4 was phenomenal success due to its UX (and software).

I think that's why Apple is sticking with iPhone4-esque design, at least for a while. I can understand they
do not want to fiddle with something that is doing well.

If Steve were alive, he would have changed it, IMHO. Including 7 inch iPad, it starts to show the sign of Steve's absence, IMHO.

Steve would not have changed it. He was also the one who said nobody wanted a 7 inch tablet. If he wanted it the 4s would have changed and they would have had a 7" ipad

ultradr

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Steve would not have changed it. He was also the one who said nobody wanted a 7 inch tablet. If he wanted it the 4s would have changed and they would have had a 7" ipad

That's what I meant partially. 7" iPad is supposed to counter similar sized Android. Apple shines best when they do their own thing, not minding countering competition's product.

I basically don't like the idea of 7" iPad and continueing the iPhone 4 like design (and I think Apple already started to behave differently from iphone 4 time, IMHO)

Last edited:

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Well.... only one month away until we find out what the next iPhone will look like.

No doubt that it will be a success. The phone is very reliable and as Fisher Price as it gets. Not too many will sway away from that. On top of that, you've got so many fanboys out there that Apple could re-release the 1st gen iPhone and break records with it.

I've been doing a lot of hands-on with the Samsung S3 and the Note (which is to be updated on the 29th). I'll most likely go with the S3 unless the iPhone 5 designs we have been seeing are fake.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been doing a lot of hands-on with the Samsung S3 and the Note (which is to be updated on the 29th). I'll most likely go with the S3 unless the iPhone 5 designs we have been seeing are fake.
Why wait? Git'er done. Then go play in the Android Central sandbox. The next iPhone will not please you.

Reactions: anon(4698833)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Why wait? Git'er done. Then go play in the Android Central sandbox. The next iPhone will not please you.

As redraider said, I want to see what comes out. Besides that, I'm not the only one on the account and others will want the iPhone 5.

I HAVE to switch to Verizon since I moved and ATT does not cover most of my area. DSL upload is too slow for MicroCell.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Because they want to see what the next iphone actually turns out to be? DUH:rolleyes:

like this really matters. one thing is for sure, all of the people that complain every year will be disappointed again..
it's not like when Apple drops the "new" iPhone they are going to sway anyone who was on the fence - more than half those people already have the S3 in their head

what could Apple possibly do to keep them?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I personally cannot wait to see how much of an "epic failure" this iPhone is going to be...and how it's not going to "sell well at all", lol.

I hear ya, Sean. It does get old after a while, lol. But hey, at least the posts are entertaining. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
like this really matters. one thing is for sure, all of the people that complain every year will be disappointed again..
it's not like when Apple drops the "new" iPhone they are going to sway anyone who was on the fence - more than half those people already have the S3 in their head

what could Apple possibly do to keep them?

idk make it look different than the leaks? Why don't you ask the people on the fence lol. Just seems like so many on here are quick to jump on people because they say something they(you) do not agree with. Choice is a good thing. Yes this is an apple forum but some just like tech and seeing what every company is offering before upgrading. Not everyone is so willing to blindly follow the crowd and upgrade for whatever apple gives you. Personally I have 4 lines with multiple upgrades throughout the year so I switch between various phones so it doesnt really matter to me as I try out pretty much everything.

Reactions: redbeard

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
idk make it look different than the leaks? Why don't you ask the people on the fence lol. Just seems like so many on here are quick to jump on people because they say something they(you) do not agree with. Choice is a good thing. Yes this is an apple forum but some just like tech and seeing what every company is offering before upgrading. Not everyone is so willing to blindly follow the crowd and upgrade for whatever apple gives you. Personally I have 4 lines with multiple upgrades throughout the year so I switch between various phones so it doesnt really matter to me as I try out pretty much everything.

People are quick to say they arn't willing to "blindly follow the crowd", but at the same time, they'll blindly pitch disappointment towards a leaked and unverified source of information...posting for days about how they don't like this and they don't like that. The truth is...the new iPhone could come out with a 5" screen and a midget that runs around texting for you while you are busy...we just don't know what it is going to be for sure yet.

What people need to do is chill out for a few weeks, wait to see what is coming down the pipe line LEGITIMATELY, and they need to quit getting all emotional over what is essentially hogwash (for the moment).

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yup, and these same people will be posting on here how they bought it anyway. Happens every year! :D

I think you are forgetting about how many clueless people exist in the world and how many of them will buy an iPhone because they do not know any better.

All of us on here follow this stuff and care and want the most from our phone experience.

Most others will buy the next iPhone because it is what their grandparents have and it works for them. I can't remember where I saw or heard it, but most iPhone users had no idea what "iOS" is. Smart crowd... huh? Don't believe me? Ask a random iPhone user that isn't sucked into the latest details like we are and see what they say. Not saying that things are different on the Android side but there is no doubt that people buy the iPhone because they simply do not care about learning something else or because they want to look "hip" around their friends.

There was a time when someone could say, "Hey, that person is cool... they have an iPhone." No, the person was not "cool", but they were a trendsetter and recognized a great device. But that is no longer the case. After that, you had a large pool of people (including myself) who bought the iPhone because it was the best phone and it was until last year.

Now, people are buying it as a clueless follower and no longer leading.

Apple has always convinced people to buy their overpriced products instead of putting that money towards moving out of their parents house or apartment and will continue to do so.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you are forgetting about how many clueless people exist in the world and how many of them will buy an iPhone because they do not know any better.

All of us on here follow this stuff and care and want the most from our phone experience.

Most others will buy the next iPhone because it is what their grandparents have and it works for them. I can't remember where I saw or heard it, but most iPhone users had no idea what "iOS" is. Smart crowd... huh? Don't believe me? Ask a random iPhone user that isn't sucked into the latest details like we are and see what they say. Not saying that things are different on the Android side but there is no doubt that people buy the iPhone because they simply do not care about learning something else or because they want to look "hip" around their friends.

There was a time when someone could say, "Hey, that person is cool... they have an iPhone." No, the person was not "cool", but they were a trendsetter and recognized a great device. But that is no longer the case. After that, you had a large pool of people (including myself) who bought the iPhone because it was the best phone and it was until last year.

Now, people are buying it as a clueless follower and no longer leading.

Apple has always convinced people to buy their overpriced products instead of putting that money towards moving out of their parents house or apartment and will continue to do so.

That whole thing was a joke, right?

I am currently using a BB 9900, a Samsung SGII Skyrocket, and a 4S. I know why I chose this phone and I use it when the mood strikes. As a choice. I know all three platforms and I use what suits my day's activities.

I could not care less what grandparents, parents, cousins, strangers on the Metro use. I use all three platforms because my curiosity directs me to try something new, different. So I do. I don't care about "cool." No sheep here.

You know what I care about? The absence of bugginess in iOS. When I use my Skyrocket in a forum such as this, or AC, or CB.com and I have to correct a typing mistake, a bug causes the cursor to land in random locations so I have to go on a hunt to correct the corrections. Not so on my iPhone. THAT is one reason I use my iPhone. There are others.

You're right. I don't use cash that use on my iPhone to move out of parents' house or apartment. You're dead right. That's because I already own my own home.

Quit the arrogant oversimplification and generalisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: GPAbsinthe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox