Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Question...the new phone will be LTE capable, but will that effect how well it will work until att builds out this coverage? Can it just resort to 4g in those cases?

Yes, if you are not in a LTE area it will use the next best available in your area.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm 90% sure I'll be getting it. I'd like to see what it offically looks like. A bigger iPhone wouldnt be bad at all. The 10% of me that is leary to upgrade would be if it looks exactly the same as the 4S. That might be the only thing to keep me from getting it.

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm 90% sure I'll be getting it. I'd like to see what it offically looks like. A bigger iPhone wouldnt be bad at all. The 10% of me that is leary to upgrade would be if it looks exactly the same as the 4S. That might be the only thing to keep me from getting it.

Bigger screen = less battery

rooktdphi

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually hoping that larger screen does not equal larger hardware. One of my gripes is just how big the Galaxy Nexus is (screen is great on this thing, but very awkward to hold)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually hoping that larger screen does not equal larger hardware. One of my gripes is just how big the Galaxy Nexus is (screen is great on this thing, but very awkward to hold)

I had the Nexus for a short period of time, mine sucked and the screen had a Purple tint to it. I'll take a nice 4" Retina screen over the Nexus screen any day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only if they don't increase the battery size, which I doubt will happen.

I don't doubt we will see a larger battery on the new iPhone. Last thing Apple wants is to have more people complaining about the battery life.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
It depends. I would love to get the new iPhone if it is substantially better than the 4S. We all know it's about time Apple does a major upgrade just like when they went from 3GS to the 4. I found that a 4.3 inch screen is perfect, but 4" is fine as well, and althought the GS3 is a little too big, it's an awesome phone capable of so many things. I know it comes down to "It's just a phone" and we should keep it somewhat simple, but for how many things I use my phone for, having all those features the GS3 has comes in handy. But im on the fence because I absolutely love iOS ,especially since I jailbreak it. Plus iPhone has the BEST accessories/cases. So I'm gonna see what happens next month and then compare the iPhone to the GS3 which will be getting jellybean and then go from there

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade to a bigger phone of an os that's getting stale, probably not. I've had 4 iPhones, and I'm about done. WP8 is where I'm looking next. With the Windows 8 integration on the way, it's looking more appealing.

Apple makes great tech, just getting bored with it.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Longer but not wider.

I am now in the No category. I am not going to pay the data rates for LTE and the extra row of icons isn't worth much to me.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure my answer is no, if it had NFC and a few other enhancements I'd probably be on board.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73