Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Every year on release day .. Just cuz .. I have to have it weird thou I'm not like this with my iPad I barley got the 2 .. Prob cuz I use my phone more

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be upgrading.

I just hope Apple doesn't follow suit and name it 'The New iPhone' like it did with the iPad.

After watching this weeks iMore podcast, I agree it makes it harder for someone who isn't very tech savvy, to purchase third party accessories from the likes of Amazon or similar places.

If Apple are going to drop the model number from the iPhone and iPad range, then why not just call them iPad 2012, iPhone 2012. At least this way it gives you a definitive model name when looking around for accessories.

WPeelman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm upgrading for sure, i still own and use my first iphone (3gs) and i must say, it has had it's time
it was amazing when it came out but now...
i have ios 6 on it and a lot of my apps just don't work anymore, it's getting slow (sometimes very slow)

also my power button is gone so i have to charge it at least once a day, sometimes even 2 or 3 times since the automatic lock just goes on after 1min and pocket dialing is a daily routine by now.

Last edited:

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, my wife has a samsung s3 and it knocks the socks off my iphone on every level.
Knowing apples history, the iphone 5 wont be much different to the ip4

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll more than likely be upgrading to an iPhone this time around. Being on Verizon, I've been holding out until the inclusion of LTE. It's what kept me away from the 4 and the 4S. And after being an android user for the last three years, I feel like its time for a change.

Also, first post on the iMore forums!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll be upgrading.

I just hope Apple doesn't follow suit and name it 'The New iPhone' like it did with the iPad.

After watching this weeks iMore podcast, I agree it makes it harder for someone who isn't very tech savvy, to purchase third party accessories from the likes of Amazon or similar places.

If Apple are going to drop the model number from the iPhone and iPad range, then why not just call them iPad 2012, iPhone 2012. At least this way it gives you a definitive model name when looking around for accessories.

They could just call it iPhone 6th gen.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My ip4 works so well that I feel like a dope, but I'm going to upgrade anyway. I skipped one gen but I can't ever skip two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I was so close to going android again but I could see myself coming back to iOS. S3 looks great and all but there are far too many android phones that are released each year.

Thus, you won't know if you will get an update or if it's even any good (ask some rezound owners). Android lineup is too random and there isn't any "controlled" feel to it. Any company can come out and make a handset with whatever skin over gingerbread, ics or jellybean.

I am now trying to stay away from android as all I would like to do is root and rom the sucker. It would distract me from what I am trying to do (study for MCATs for example) in life. iOS just handles what I need out of it and that's we need to look for in technology to improve our lifestyle, I believe anyway.

AF87

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
well...they say it will be a complete diffrent iPhone, so I'm very curious about that. I really hope it will be a huge change. I'm running with the iPhone 4 and it bores me...from the design point of view and from the technical point of view...

btw.: look what i've found considering release dates and stuff...we'll see how long it'll take this time. watch this apple statistic:
• Chart: Managing Expectations | Statista

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes, iPhone 4 is boring me, home button is sticking, and running apps slow compared to my new iPad. I didn't opt for a 4S so its a definite for me. I'll try out ATT LTE in Miami and hope it works better than the 3g which sucks. Otherwise next time I will switch to Verizon or Sprint.

tys

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm completely happy with my iPhone 4 except the tiny screen.
If the rumors turn out to be true (tall skinny screen and new dock connector) then I'll pass and start looking seriously at Android or wait for iPhone 6 (or whatever) and maybe pick up a used 4S in the meantime.
If Apple surprises us with a screen that's significantly larger in both dimensions then I'm in, even if I have to buy new cables and accessories.
I voted "no" based on current rumors.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm a definite yes. I'm still using my original iPhone 4 so it is over 2 yrs old now. My home button is starting to act up and I've been saving my upgrade since last November. I'm ready for a new phone!

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had all 5 iPhones to date...with that said this thing better DAZZLE me or I'm pulling chalks...sick of being the small kid with the old OS. And if this thing is 16:9 I'm out as well...can't understand the philosophy of a company that thinks we only watch movies on our phones in our spare time.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes only if the screen is bigger. An i would like that "bigger" to include a bigger width as well as length.... that is literally my only condition the platform has too much for me to leave it otherwise

eugarps#CB

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Probably not for the currently 'revealed' upgrades. I currently have an iPhone 4 and will wait to see what the next iPhone looks like before I go with a 4S or the new one. Like some others here, I have accessories which would require replacement. I really like my LifeProof case and can't see just ditching it for a bigger screen.

Bill

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope! And I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade to iOS 6 either. I've been on the bleeding edge all my life and I'm tired of getting burnt. First the BB Torch, then the BB Playbook, and then 2 iPhone 4s's (mine and my wife's) that have been problems from day one. There isn't enough apparent new innovation in the iPhone 5 to entice me to be a Guinea pig yet again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox