Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Without Doubt

Im a total Apple fanboy & it's not even a question of if but more a question of how long after release day will I be able to get my hands on it because I ain't gonna que over night fr it but will Pre order.

flyersfan76

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Tough to say for me. My wife has a BB Bold (previous gen) and I have the current 9930 Bold.

I love my phone and hers is due for an upgrade. She is getting one and I MIGHT. I am not a big app user as it is a phone, email and calendar device mostly. (Imagine That :) )

From what I have seen I like it but I love my keyboard. BUT I just can't wait until January to get the new BB10 device plus I would rather wait a year just in case.

Bought the iPad 3 the day it came out. Kids love being able to play with our BB Playbook and iPad so I bought another iPad. Obviously the bug has bitten.

I have 15 phones so there is always an upgrade available for me to use so I am leaning towards doing it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Im a total Apple fanboy & it's not even a question of if but more a question of how long after release day will I be able to get my hands on it because I ain't gonna que over night fr it but will Pre order.

If you preorder usually you get it a day or so before its in store. Otherwise at latest the day its released in store.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm upgrading. I just hope a jailbreak will be around the corner. That would be the only thing to make me think twice. BiteSMS means that much to me lol.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure yet as I'm waiting to see what new features will be released in iOS6. As of right now, I'm torn between the iPhone 5 and one of the new WP8 devices that will be released later this year. I've grown tired of Android, even with the release of the Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Nexus. I'm looking for something that runs smoothly and has great battery life as well as LTE. I like the idea of the iPhone 5 only being slightly larger than the 4S as the huge Android phones are bigger than I'd like, not to mention the fact that even stock Android can lag big time. As far as I'm concerned, it would take a Nexus device from Motorola to get me to consider Android again.

Depending on what is revealed about WP8, I think that will be good competition for iOS. While WP7 may be lacking a little bit on the features, it still runs extremely smoothly without bleeding edge tech. In my time with it, WP7 was fun to use and with the new basis for WP8, things should run very well and have a lot more functionality. All I can say is that with all of the different platforms out there, it's a great time to be in the market for a new phone.

Reactions: baseballbert

Daspoo

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Nah, think I'll pass on it. I'm pretty happy with the 4S, and the thought of a bigger iPhone just doesn't appeal to me. Outside of hardware changes, the phone (so far) doesn't sound like it has much to offer (me).

Palm-a-PREciation

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I will be upgrading!!! We have Sprint, and when I got my last phone, they didn't have the Iphone yet :mad: So I ended up with the Samsung Epic, which has been pretty buggy, and I'm sick of it.

Last year, my husband was able to upgrade his phone, and he got the iPhone 4S. Comparing my Android phone vs his iPhone, there is no question, my next phone will be an iPhone!

I'm eligible to upgrade on Sept 1st.....perfect timing, I'll wait a few weeks for the iPhone 5 (or whatever they call it!!)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
There should have been a maybe in the selection process, so I chose yes, but, its a yes, maybe. Yes if its what I expect it to be, bigger, better and badder than last years. No if it fails to impress me although its not likely it would.

As much as the GS3 looks great and nothing like an iOS device I can't get past the lack of Android OS updates or 9+ month delays in updates due to carrier interference. So the next iPhone will go nicely with my new iPad 3 and my MBP that is getting a memory upgrade so I can wait a while longer before replacing it.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Question...the new phone will be LTE capable, but will that effect how well it will work until att builds out this coverage? Can it just resort to 4g in those cases?

rooktdphi

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I plan on making the move from the verizon galaxy nexus to the next iPhone. Any android converts in here that have any advice to ease the transition? is there anything that I could/should do now?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I plan on making the move from the verizon galaxy nexus to the next iPhone. Any android converts in here that have any advice to ease the transition? is there anything that I could/should do now?

You'll be fine when you switch. IOS is one of the easiest OS to pick up and use. A lot of the apps that you use now are probably available in Apples app store too.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nah, think I'll pass on it. I'm pretty happy with the 4S, and the thought of a bigger iPhone just doesn't appeal to me. Outside of hardware changes, the phone (so far) doesn't sound like it has much to offer (me).

LTE is worth it alone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro