That's what we're hearing -- the new iPhone (iPhone 5,1) will be announced at a special Apple event on Wednesday, September 12, and will follow up with the release date on Friday, September 21.

Here are the details:

- iPhone 5 event day and release date info

That's earlier than last year by a good 3 weeks, but certainly in the fall range. No word on pre-orders yet, could they be same day, or wait for Friday, September 14?

Does September vs. October make a big difference to anyone here? Or is new iPhone day new iPhone day?
    07-30-2012 09:26 AM
    I just want it. I don't care if it's September or October. Sooner is better, but I really just want it. My 4 is getting slower by the day. I need 4G!
    07-30-2012 09:30 AM
    I was already expecting sep/oct, so no big deal here.
    07-30-2012 10:24 AM
    That's an article from August of 2011. Last year. Old news... smh.
    07-30-2012 11:15 AM
    That's an article from August of 2011. Last year. Old news... smh.
    kch50428 likes this.
    07-30-2012 11:21 AM
    If the phone has new features that draws me in, they could release it tomorrow for all i care...
    07-30-2012 11:33 AM
    I will be interested to see what they unveil as exclusive just for the iphone 5 or whatever they will call it. Hopefully it wont be the fact that it will have lte and previous phones will not.
    07-30-2012 11:43 AM
    I'd preorder today sight unseen if i could. Take my money already. I already know it'll be faster, sport LTE, have more RAM, basically all updated internals, etc. I'm already sold.
    07-30-2012 12:20 PM
    I'd preorder today sight unseen if i could. Take my money already. I already know it'll be faster, sport LTE, have more RAM, basically all updated internals, etc. I'm already sold.
    and the other side of the spectrum will rear its ugly head soon. they will not be satisfied with items described above. they will stomp their feet, say they will not buy it and threaten to leave the iPhone. yet all along we know they are not going anywhere and IF they do, nobody will give a flying phuck
    kch50428 and DaPhoneking like this.
    07-30-2012 12:33 PM
    and the other side of the spectrum will rear its ugly head soon. they will not be satisfied with items described above. they will stomp their feet, say they will not buy it and threaten to leave the iPhone. yet all along we know they are not going anywhere and IF they do, nobody will give a flying phuck
    (laughing)....no doubt and I can't wait to read the response(s).

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    07-30-2012 12:45 PM
    September, October, whatever. I'm getting it. A month's difference isn't going to make me want to go to
    another platform. The headphone jack on the bottom will suck for me, but I can live with it. Won't be a make or break.
    07-30-2012 01:43 PM
    I will wait and see what they announce before jumping to conclusions, especially after last year with all the leaks and how it was going to have a complete redesign. Not that much longer and we will have all the answers. Then everyone can begin speculating about the next iphone.
    07-30-2012 01:48 PM
    I will wait and see what they announce before jumping to conclusions, especially after last year with all the leaks and how it was going to have a complete redesign. Not that much longer and we will have all the answers. Then everyone can begin speculating about the next iphone.
    I'd put my life on it having a re-design. Leaks or not. There's no way they'd be stupid enough to release the same external hardware.
    07-30-2012 01:51 PM
    While I would like to agree forever29, Apple didn't change anything externally on the 4S and it sold like crazy. They may be comfortable saying hey people will buy a square wheel if it has an Apple Logo (you know they would).

Perhaps this next variant is the in between move as they test out the new screen technology and then perfect it in the next with a ultra redesign.

Sometimes a redesign causes more delays for accessories than we would care for.
    07-30-2012 02:58 PM
    While I would like to agree forever29, Apple didn't change anything externally on the 4S and it sold like crazy. They may be comfortable saying hey people will buy a square wheel if it has an Apple Logo (you know they would).

Perhaps this next variant is the in between move as they test out the new screen technology and then perfect it in the next with a ultra redesign.

Sometimes a redesign causes more delays for accessories than we would care for.
    I agree with that. Maybe trying out to see how the 4" screen goes over and if any real issues arise and then in the next redesign go complete redesign. Who knows though with apple. Plus I mean with how IOS is they do not really need to do much with internal wise because it really isn't going to get any smoother than it already is. I dont see apple going quad core but dual core with 1gb ram is plenty. Especially for IOS.
    Last edited by redraider133; 07-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    07-30-2012 06:41 PM
    cue the "the LED is missing" whine...
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    07-30-2012 06:52 PM
    Im wondering what is the defining factor for people though? some people just want better faster newer others want other features like NFC and other things. But i wonder how many people are like me im content with the speed of my Ip4 and the other features seem gimmicky to me...... All i want is a design refresh (larger screen included) ... if it doesn't look new then i will not be buying it no matter what it comes with....
    07-30-2012 09:01 PM
    It'll surely have some "wow" factor (NFC or something like it) that will cause many to upgrade. I've loved my white iPhone 4 since the day I bought it (launch day), but if the new iPhone has better specs and power, I'm definitely upgrading once I have eligibility. I'm really hoping that we get more features for iOS 6 on the new phone, as I think that will play a significant role in whether or not people buy it.
    07-30-2012 10:58 PM
    cue the "the LED is missing" whine...
    LMAO I can already see that now.....

However on a sadder note, I guess I need that second job sooner than I thought since I'll have to save up approximately $900 to by one retail.
    07-31-2012 09:17 PM
    I was thinking I might swap if there's not enough WoW factor but seriously who am I kidding? I love my iPhone and all I need to be happy is a new one, although I wouldn't kick better battery life outta bed and a bigger screen if that's what they are offering. September/October is soon enough for me too, I already have the money sitting in an account waiting to preorder mine( no way I'm lining up again)
    07-31-2012 09:30 PM
    I was thinking I might swap if there's not enough WoW factor but seriously who am I kidding? I love my iPhone and all I need to be happy is a new one, although I wouldn't kick better battery life outta bed and a bigger screen if that's what they are offering. September/October is soon enough for me too, I already have the money sitting in an account waiting to preorder mine( no way I'm lining up again)
    That reminds me of a thought process I've had before about preorders: Assuming they're huge lines at the Apple Store on first sale day, do you STILL have to wait in line despite you preordering it or do preorders go first (this is also assuming you've preordered and picking up in the store)?
    07-31-2012 09:32 PM
    That reminds me of a thought process I've had before about preorders: Assuming they're huge lines at the Apple Store on first sale day, do you STILL have to wait in line despite you preordering it or do preorders go first (this is also assuming you've preordered and picking up in the store)?
    Preorder and have it delivered to your house man. You can only line up at the apple store to buy on the spot and last year pre orders were getting delivered to peoples homes and works even before I had my hands on my 4s and I stood in line from like 1 am and finally got it at 10am.
    08-01-2012 03:31 AM
    After pre-ordering and having it delivered last year...there's no way I would do it any other way. No waiting in lines, no sitting out in heat (or cold, depending on where you are), no uncomfortable floor to try and nap on at 4am...nope, i sat my happy *** on my couch and watched a movie waiting for it to come to me! I'll definitely be doing the same thing this year as well, lines are for chumps!
    Premium1 and DaPhoneking like this.
    08-01-2012 07:43 AM
    After pre-ordering and having it delivered last year...there's no way I would do it any other way. No waiting in lines, no sitting out in heat (or cold, depending on where you are), no uncomfortable floor to try and nap on at 4am...nope, i sat my happy *** on my couch and watched a movie waiting for it to come to me! I'll definitely be doing the same thing this year as well, lines are for chumps!
    Agree. I can't imagine a worse time than waiting in line for hours and then having to deal with the Apple Glee club.
    08-01-2012 08:54 AM
    Agree. I can't imagine a worse time than waiting in line for hours and then having to deal with the Apple Glee club.
    The only plus side to the whole line fiasco was when the 3GS came out, the line wasn't quite as bad as the other models and they gave out ChikFilA chicken biscuits to everyone in line for free...(imagine the lashing out from the gay community if they did this for the new iPhone! lol...APPLE SUPPORTS BIGOTRY! DO NOT BUY APPLE PRODUCTS! THEY ALLOW HOMOPHOBIC BISCUITS TO BE PASSED OUT TO CUSTOMERS! )
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    08-01-2012 09:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD