New iPhone 5 even date September 12, release date September 21.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
That's what we're hearing -- the new iPhone (iPhone 5,1) will be announced at a special Apple event on Wednesday, September 12, and will follow up with the release date on Friday, September 21.

Here are the details:

- iPhone 5 event day and release date info

That's earlier than last year by a good 3 weeks, but certainly in the fall range. No word on pre-orders yet, could they be same day, or wait for Friday, September 14?

Does September vs. October make a big difference to anyone here? Or is new iPhone day new iPhone day?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just want it. I don't care if it's September or October. Sooner is better, but I really just want it. My 4 is getting slower by the day. I need 4G!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

That's an article from August of 2011. Last year. Old news... smh.

WhaleFAIL.jpg

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I will be interested to see what they unveil as exclusive just for the iphone 5 or whatever they will call it. Hopefully it wont be the fact that it will have lte and previous phones will not.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd preorder today sight unseen if i could. Take my money already. I already know it'll be faster, sport LTE, have more RAM, basically all updated internals, etc. I'm already sold.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd preorder today sight unseen if i could. Take my money already. I already know it'll be faster, sport LTE, have more RAM, basically all updated internals, etc. I'm already sold.

and the other side of the spectrum will rear its ugly head soon. they will not be satisfied with items described above. they will stomp their feet, say they will not buy it and threaten to leave the iPhone. yet all along we know they are not going anywhere and IF they do, nobody will give a flying phuck

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
and the other side of the spectrum will rear its ugly head soon. they will not be satisfied with items described above. they will stomp their feet, say they will not buy it and threaten to leave the iPhone. yet all along we know they are not going anywhere and IF they do, nobody will give a flying phuck

(laughing)....no doubt and I can't wait to read the response(s).

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
September, October, whatever. I'm getting it. A month's difference isn't going to make me want to go to
another platform. The headphone jack on the bottom will suck for me, but I can live with it. Won't be a make or break.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I will wait and see what they announce before jumping to conclusions, especially after last year with all the leaks and how it was going to have a complete redesign. Not that much longer and we will have all the answers. Then everyone can begin speculating about the next iphone.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I will wait and see what they announce before jumping to conclusions, especially after last year with all the leaks and how it was going to have a complete redesign. Not that much longer and we will have all the answers. Then everyone can begin speculating about the next iphone.

I'd put my life on it having a re-design. Leaks or not. There's no way they'd be stupid enough to release the same external hardware.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
While I would like to agree forever29, Apple didn't change anything externally on the 4S and it sold like crazy. They may be comfortable saying hey people will buy a square wheel if it has an Apple Logo (you know they would).

Perhaps this next variant is the in between move as they test out the new screen technology and then perfect it in the next with a ultra redesign.

Sometimes a redesign causes more delays for accessories than we would care for.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
While I would like to agree forever29, Apple didn't change anything externally on the 4S and it sold like crazy. They may be comfortable saying hey people will buy a square wheel if it has an Apple Logo (you know they would).

Perhaps this next variant is the in between move as they test out the new screen technology and then perfect it in the next with a ultra redesign.

Sometimes a redesign causes more delays for accessories than we would care for.

I agree with that. Maybe trying out to see how the 4" screen goes over and if any real issues arise and then in the next redesign go complete redesign. Who knows though with apple. Plus I mean with how IOS is they do not really need to do much with internal wise because it really isn't going to get any smoother than it already is. I dont see apple going quad core but dual core with 1gb ram is plenty. Especially for IOS.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

cue the "the LED is missing" whine...

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Im wondering what is the defining factor for people though? some people just want better faster newer others want other features like NFC and other things. But i wonder how many people are like me im content with the speed of my Ip4 and the other features seem gimmicky to me...... All i want is a design refresh (larger screen included) ... if it doesn't look new then i will not be buying it no matter what it comes with....

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It'll surely have some "wow" factor (NFC or something like it) that will cause many to upgrade. I've loved my white iPhone 4 since the day I bought it (launch day), but if the new iPhone has better specs and power, I'm definitely upgrading once I have eligibility. I'm really hoping that we get more features for iOS 6 on the new phone, as I think that will play a significant role in whether or not people buy it.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking I might swap if there's not enough WoW factor but seriously who am I kidding? I love my iPhone and all I need to be happy is a new one, although I wouldn't kick better battery life outta bed and a bigger screen if that's what they are offering. September/October is soon enough for me too, I already have the money sitting in an account waiting to preorder mine( no way I'm lining up again)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner