New iPhone 5 even date September 12, release date September 21.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking I might swap if there's not enough WoW factor but seriously who am I kidding? I love my iPhone and all I need to be happy is a new one, although I wouldn't kick better battery life outta bed and a bigger screen if that's what they are offering. September/October is soon enough for me too, I already have the money sitting in an account waiting to preorder mine( no way I'm lining up again)

That reminds me of a thought process I've had before about preorders: Assuming they're huge lines at the Apple Store on first sale day, do you STILL have to wait in line despite you preordering it or do preorders go first (this is also assuming you've preordered and picking up in the store)?

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That reminds me of a thought process I've had before about preorders: Assuming they're huge lines at the Apple Store on first sale day, do you STILL have to wait in line despite you preordering it or do preorders go first (this is also assuming you've preordered and picking up in the store)?

Preorder and have it delivered to your house man. You can only line up at the apple store to buy on the spot and last year pre orders were getting delivered to peoples homes and works even before I had my hands on my 4s and I stood in line from like 1 am and finally got it at 10am.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After pre-ordering and having it delivered last year...there's no way I would do it any other way. No waiting in lines, no sitting out in heat (or cold, depending on where you are), no uncomfortable floor to try and nap on at 4am...nope, i sat my happy ass on my couch and watched a movie waiting for it to come to me! I'll definitely be doing the same thing this year as well, lines are for chumps!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
After pre-ordering and having it delivered last year...there's no way I would do it any other way. No waiting in lines, no sitting out in heat (or cold, depending on where you are), no uncomfortable floor to try and nap on at 4am...nope, i sat my happy ass on my couch and watched a movie waiting for it to come to me! I'll definitely be doing the same thing this year as well, lines are for chumps!

Agree. I can't imagine a worse time than waiting in line for hours and then having to deal with the Apple Glee club.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agree. I can't imagine a worse time than waiting in line for hours and then having to deal with the Apple Glee club.

The only plus side to the whole line fiasco was when the 3GS came out, the line wasn't quite as bad as the other models and they gave out ChikFilA chicken biscuits to everyone in line for free...(imagine the lashing out from the gay community if they did this for the new iPhone! lol...APPLE SUPPORTS BIGOTRY! DO NOT BUY APPLE PRODUCTS! THEY ALLOW HOMOPHOBIC BISCUITS TO BE PASSED OUT TO CUSTOMERS! :p )

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Well I have no life and I get off work at 1am so I'll gladly avoid going home and waiting in line for my iPhone 5 lol

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If you get it shipped to your house, make sure someone is home. Apple doesn't leave packages the shipping company leaves a note instead.

.Indy.

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll be pre-ordering and have it shipped to my front door, just like I did with my 3GS. That was such a breeze. Came home from work and my wife had it waiting for me. That was a great day. =)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice