Latest iPhone 5 leaked images

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It does look good, better have some good hardware cause personally iOS 6 just doesn't have enough wow factor for me. But a nice looking phone with some extra goodness inside and iOS 6 together should be a nice setup.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Between those pictures and iOS 6 (so far), iPhone 5 is setting up to be a bigger flop then iPad 3. They will need to pull something out of their hat, or it will be a sad release. So far looks like I will upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 4s, unless they surprise us with something else.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like someone posted earlier in the comment section of the iMore blog, that should have been the look of the iPhone 4S, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Reactions: DaPhoneking

demonio

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there are currently some impressive phones out there that are giving the iPhone a run for its money, and I'm sure Apple has taken note of it. The bar has been raised so high that I will be very surprised if Tim Cook and co. released a device that isn't ahead of everyone else.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to use one hands on, so I am on the fence. Personally, I think a taller screen isn't my thing. Wider and taller would be better.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I really hope it's more than an elongated 4/4s with a better camera and processor but the 4/4s is still a great design. I couldn't tell you what I want that would be impressive but it would be nice to see some new design direction.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Between those pictures and iOS 6 (so far), iPhone 5 is setting up to be a bigger flop then iPad 3. They will need to pull something out of their hat, or it will be a sad release. So far looks like I will upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 4s, unless they surprise us with something else.

iPad 3 was a flop? lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What are you talking about?

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
No a fan of it at all. If this were to be the next iteration of the iphone it shows to me that apple is indeed falling into a complacent attitude that Rim fell into and they will soon be replaced. Along with that the design lacks the "wow" factor and shows the laziness of the design team. They can yell and scream about keeping it simple and familiar but eventually people will hopefully begin to walk away

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The design is solid. Sure, it's nothing new or flashy, but it'll be great. 4G LTE and NFC payments will make this the best iPhone and best phone available in the market. It'll have more flourishes when it launches. And most people will put it in a case anyways. I know I'll have it in an Otterbox.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

It's not all about the look of the phone. With 4G LTE and NFC Payments, the new iPhone will not fail. It'll rule the market. And I'm not sure where you heard the iPad 3 was failing. Apple is selling more iPads than ever before.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The design is solid. Sure, it's nothing new or flashy, but it'll be great. 4G LTE and NFC payments will make this the best iPhone and best phone available in the market. It'll have more flourishes when it launches. And most people will put it in a case anyways. I know I'll have it in an Otterbox.

So lte and nfc( which a host of phones already out have) would make it rule the market? I think not.

Reactions: redbeard

thomasburden

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, what the heck does everyone want? Essentially, ALL smartphones are 4 to 5 inch rectangles with a few buttons here and there. They all look pretty much the same! People are so quick to say that they don't like this model phone for one reason or another. We've seen the concepts of see-through phones, the teardrop design, or the crap that fits around your hand like a spider. Guess what? They're concepts! They aren't going to be the real thing. Have you ever seen a concept car? They're years away--if ever at all. We put so much into the need to have a "radical" new design, but haven't all the iPhones essentially been the same since the beginning? A black rectangle with a circular button on the bottom--then update slowly throughout the years. Things change slowly when a product is working. Why change something radically if it's selling like no other phone on the market? If you're always looking to be blown away with something that looks like the new concept pictures you've seen, then you're always going to be disappointed. We all have options in what phone to buy. There are a lot of great smartphones out there. Buy one that works and meets your needs.

Reactions: Roo Zilla

demonio

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, what the heck does everyone want? Essentially, ALL smartphones are 4 to 5 inch rectangles with a few buttons here and there. They all look pretty much the same! People are so quick to say that they don't like this model phone for one reason or another. We've seen the concepts of see-through phones, the teardrop design, or the crap that fits around your hand like a spider. Guess what? They're concepts! They aren't going to be the real thing. Have you ever seen a concept car? They're years away--if ever at all. We put so much into the need to have a "radical" new design, but haven't all the iPhones essentially been the same since the beginning? A black rectangle with a circular button on the bottom--then update slowly throughout the years. Things change slowly when a product is working. Why change something radically if it's selling like no other phone on the market? If you're always looking to be blown away with something that looks like the new concept pictures you've seen, then you're always going to be disappointed. We all have options in what phone to buy. There are a lot of great smartphones out there. Buy one that works and meets your needs.

Spot on. This is why competition is a very good thing. I've owned many a gadget over the years and it all really does come down to what works for you.
I for one am very excited about the new iPhone, whatever ends up being the final design. My iPhone 4 is starting to feel a little dated ;)

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I originally didn't like the looks of the "leaked" design, but it has grown on me a bit; however, if it ends up looking different than those photos, won't be disappointed.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the 2 tone back. Not sure why the seemingly glossy part at the top and bottom. I would have liked it better if it was metal throughout. Glossy parts never fails to attract nasty looking fingerprints. Perhaps it has something to do with the radio, who knows.

But i actually quite like the gun metal grey looking colour. :D Well, provided that that turns out to be the actual product.

You know, i thought Apple would have gone with an all metal unibody last year. Since most of their products are already using it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh