Latest iPhone 5 leaked images

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
given the fact that these images are just leaks and most likely not the finished product. (we all know how secretive Apple remains) I have very mixed feelings on how it looks. I definately dont care for the headphone jack moved to the bottom at all - that just seems @ss backwards to me, especially for someone who uses earbuds - plug in on top, pull your phone up to catch a quick view, slide back into bag/pocket/sleeve, which every you choose. With the jack on the bottom, that would mean pulling your phone out completely from an upside down position, kinda off to me.

the screen being a bit bigger, ok thats not so bad. I don't mind a larger screen TBH, even though i love my 4S just the way it is as well:)

I completely agree about the, supposedly, relocated headphone jack... I feel like it always makes more sense to put it on the top of any device! The iPod Touch has it on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way and is cumbersome to use. Since the iPod Touch has it on the bottom of the device, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Apple would move it on the new iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree about the, supposedly, relocated headphone jack... I feel like it always makes more sense to put it on the top of any device! The iPod Touch has it on the bottom, I feel like it gets in the way and is cumbersome to use. Since the iPod Touch has it on the bottom of the device, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Apple would move it on the new iPhone.

With many placing their phone top down into a pocket it makes perfect sense to have it on the bottom not to mention when using the phone headphone jack on bottom gets the cord out of the way and not drape over the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: redbeard

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, when the iPhone was released, i was shocked the headphone jack was on top and always felt the iPod Touch had it properly located...i hope it is on the bottom.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
All inputs should be on the same side. I'm glad they're finally moving the headphone jack down below. It just makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess there's no point on declaring war about which way we put the thing in our pockets... but it does seem logical to me to have that jack at the bottom. I mean, if you put your phone upside down in your pocket with the screen against your leg, then when you take it out it's fast ready in your hand.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'm not bothered if Apple move the ear/headphone jack from its current position.

I suppose if the jack is on the bottom, then with the cable exiting out of the bottom of it, this then means that its going to be more difficult for the trailing cable to cover part of the screen, like it can do now whereby the cable can cover part of the screen due to it coming out of the top.

idlin

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'm not bothered if Apple move the ear/headphone jack from its current position.

I suppose if the jack is on the bottom, then with the cable exiting out of the bottom of it, this then means that its going to be more difficult for the trailing cable to cover part of the screen, like it can do now whereby the cable can cover part of the screen due to it coming out of the top.
Very true.
I personally prefer the jack on the bottom, cos it's less likely to block the screen. Plus I think it saves even more space inside the device for hardware. But the bad part is the position of the jack on the bottom left is exactly where my pinky rests when holding it right-handed. :'(

DUNPHY88

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its legit... but what are the chances Apple ever decides to leak a fake iPhone? Every year the phone gets leaked out, maybe one year they could actually surprise us lol!

demonio

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess there's no point on declaring war about which way we put the thing in our pockets... but it does seem logical to me to have that jack at the bottom. I mean, if you put your phone upside down in your pocket with the screen against your leg, then when you take it out it's fast ready in your hand.

I never thought about it that way. Yes, that's exactly how I carry my phone in my pocket. And I always find it mildly annoying when the earphone cable blocks the screen or the camera lens when I hold the phone in my hand.
The Devil is in the details ;)

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
iphone_5_dock_ring.jpg

From this image it seems that the new iPhone will be slightly broader than the 4S. I'm confused.

Anyway, should it actually be broader I would jump up an rejoice because an only elongated form factor would look lopsided.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

From this image it seems that the new iPhone will be slightly broader than the 4S. I'm confused.

Anyway, should it actually be broader I would jump up an rejoice because an only elongated form factor would look lopsided.

I think it would be broader but the screen would be the same width as previous I phones. Maybe have to make it a tad wider to get the thinness they wanted.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its legit... but what are the chances Apple ever decides to leak a fake iPhone? Every year the phone gets leaked out, maybe one year they could actually surprise us lol!

If I was in charge of Apple's marketing team, I would leak details and parts of the "new" phone that were complete bs and then blow everyone's mind when we unveiled something completely different and unexpected. I think that would be the marketing ploy of the century.

Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be broader but the screen would be the same width as previous I phones. Maybe have to make it a tad wider to get the thinness they wanted.

I've thought about this and it would imply that the side bezels would be wider. It would look ridiculous quite frankly.

Anyway, it is not too long to go.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are there so many different with the iPhone 4S?
I also read some rumors from some other blogs such as iFunia, there are too many models of the iPhone 5, maybe we'll be let down when the iPhone 5 come :D

DUNPHY88

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If I was in charge of Apple's marketing team, I would leak details and parts of the "new" phone that were complete bs and then blow everyone's mind when we unveiled something completely different and unexpected. I think that would be the marketing ploy of the century.

Thats what I was sayin basically! It seems so easy for them to do and they've yet to do it!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

What makes you think that they aren't doing that now...? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
iphone_5_dock_ring.jpg

Look at the 4S... it's a little out of focus compared with the "5".... I'm thinking the width difference (if any) isn't as dramatic... it's that the "5" is sticking out more, and hte 4S is slid back a bit... the "5" is in perfect focus, while the 4S is not quite

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Look at the 4S... it's a little out of focus compared with the "5".... I'm thinking the width difference (if any) isn't as dramatic... it's that the "5" is sticking out more, and hte 4S is slid back a bit... the "5" is in perfect focus, while the 4S is not quite

+1

That, and then add the fact that the phones are tilted up a little bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro