The next iPhone release date

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take this with a grain of salt, but according toTHIS ARTICLE, multiple reports suggests that the new iPhone will be released on September 21st. Again, you know how rumors are so until Apple makes it publicly known when the next iPhone is released, it is just another rumor.

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It might be announced then... iOS6 & preorders for the next iPhone - I predict - will be Oct. 3rd. In-store release of the next iPhone Oct. 12th.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It might be announced then... iOS6 & preorders for the next iPhone - I predict - will be Oct. 3rd. In-store release of the next iPhone Oct. 12th.

I wouldn't bet against your prediction, especially when it's only a week's different from last year's iPhone 4S launch. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The other thing Oct 12 has going for it as a release date - that happens to be 20 months after the iPhone4 launched on Verizon... and 20 months in is when Verizon opens the window for re-upping contracts and getting new phones.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The other thing Oct 12 has going for it as a release date - that happens to be 20 months after the iPhone4 launched on Verizon... and 20 months in is when Verizon opens the window for re-upping contracts and getting new phones.

Nice! and it makes good sense to me. Still, if I opt to get the next iPhone, I will have to buy it outright because I'm under contract w/Verizon until October 2013. My daughter's is available for an upgrade via AT&T this coming November and she has already hinted she wants to upgrade from her iPhone 4. Of course, I will have to have the new device first. I'm dad and it's my right...lol

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Nice! and it makes good sense to me. Still, if I opt to get the next iPhone, I will have to buy it outright because I'm under contract w/Verizon until October 2013. My daughter's is available for an upgrade via AT&T this coming November and she has already hinted she wants to upgrade from her iPhone 4. Of course, I will have to have the new device first. I'm dad and it's my right...lol

Just Me, D
(iPad 2)

Correct -- Dads get the newest phones.

I will also have to buy it at full price (unlimited granddaddy), if I really like it. End of September is fine with me, but I would like to see/feel/hold it earlier than that. Maybe Apple will surprise us.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Correct -- Dads get the newest phones.

I will also have to buy it at full price (unlimited granddaddy), if I really like it. End of September is fine with me, but I would like to see/feel/hold it earlier than that. Maybe Apple will surprise us.

Yes sir, that would be nice, but I doubt Apple will surprise us before Summer ends, although it is possible. Anyway, I'm hoping the next iPhone is a game changer because It's going to have to wow me in order for me to get rid of my 4S. Adding a retina display to the newest iPad wasn't enough to make me upgrade from my trusty iPad 2. Hopefully, the newest iPhone will wow me, but we see soon enough. Anyway, thank you for your reply and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Chris0239

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 will be officially presented in September, then will be released around mid-October.
Apparently there have been problems in the supply of hardware, so we can exclude the possibility of release in September.

.Indy.

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm banking on a press event the last week of September just after the 21st.

Fall doesn't officially begin until the 22nd. Apple told us to expect ios6 this fall. They usually release the latest ios alongside the announcement of the newest iPhone correct?

So I'm thinking a late September announcement/press event with an actual release early Oct.

But to be honest...I hope I'm wrong. I got excited when I saw a possible August 7 announcement a week or so ago somewhere. I have a 3GS which is laggy as hell and I'm SO ready for an upgrade. It couldn't come sooner as far as I'm concerned.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes... As far as I'm concerned an anouncement tomorrow would be great! Heck, what am I saying, an anouncement last week would have been great!

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Supposeably it was said "rumour has it" there will be a apple keynote on september 12 where they will talk about and present the new iphone, ipod touch possibly the ipad mini and then release the iphone 9 days later on september 21. either way...i requested off the 21 of september just in case this is infact true and if not...i have friday off!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice