Wired says iPhone 5 to be announced August 7

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Report: iPhone 5 Will Be Announced August 7 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

If the latest report ends up proving true, we could be seeing the next iPhone launch sooner than expected. A ?reliable industry source? told KnowYourMobile that the next iPhone will be unveiled during an August 7 Apple keynote. The next iteration of Apple?s mobile operating system, iOS 6, is also expected to be officially released at the same time.

Last year, the iPhone 4S debuted October 4 and went on sale a week later. The iPhone 4 was launched in June at Apple?s Worldwide Developers Conference the year before that. This year, Apple has largely been expected to unveil the next generation iPhone in either September or October.

A late September to early October launch puts the iPhone in a good position for holiday sales, giving Apple the full span of its holiday quarter for beefy profits and sales numbers. An August launch feels a bit early for us, but Apple shook things up with the launch date of the iPhone last year, so it?s certainly in the realm of possibility.

Forrester analyst Charles Golvin told Wired that the main benefit to an August launch would be to take advantage of the back-to-school buying period. But given Apple would still need to get FCC approval by that time, Apple could face more challenges in making the new iPhone available in its stores and through operator channels to tap this opportunity. ?I believe that the more likely scenario is that Apple will release the new iPhone in September-October and focus on the Christmas selling season, which is the most significant sales opportunity,? Golvin said.

Regardless of when the iPhone does officially debut overseas, enterprising sellers on a Chinese website are letting iPhone fans pre-order or order an iPhone 5 even though it hasn?t been announced yet.

Whether true or not... the rumor season has officially begun.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That means a GM iOS would be announced Aug 7th along side of it. Highly unlikely considering beta 3 hasn't dropped yet. I smell a bad rumor.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
double meh. iOS6 will drop Oct 10... preorder for the phone same day, phones hit public Oct 12th.

2 days between preorders and hitting public? Carriers and Apple could never handle getting orders out that fast. It's usually 10 days apart.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but I doubt we'll be seeing an announcement this soon. I'm thinking beginning of Sep. at the earliest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't buy it, but since iOS6 brings hardly anything new to the table, there's not much to beta test unlike last year with the cloud, notification center, and all that.. Since it could be a point release, look at how many beta's the point release's get..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy it, but since iOS6 brings hardly anything new to the table, there's not much to beta test unlike last year with the cloud, notification center, and all that.. Since it could be a point release, look at how many beta's the point release's get..

According to Apple there are 200 new features in iOS 6, thant could involve a few months of testing. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods