The "One More Thing"

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
What would be your one more thing for the newest iPhone, more than anything else...?

If Apple came out with WIRELESS CHARGING, for the new iPhone, I'd just be...

tumblr_lm3kcbkp8O1qetpjn.gif

I wouldn't have to GET UP to charge the phone, or look for a power source! What if you could transfer laptop power to your phone over the air?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging would be amazing; however, we aren't there yet. We could see inductive, or touch-based charging, but nothing like wifi. I'm expecting to see a new software feature as the big thing for the new iPhone.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
One more thing.....

NFC through passbook!

I'd be like :D

I think that NFC will be one of the tent pole features of the new iPhone. This is a given at this point to compete. Every platform except iOS has it now. Apple can and will drive this innovation.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and one more thing, we've updated our microphones to have studio quality recording. So now Siri will hear you clear as a whistle.

And... we have our next generation Apple earphones to go with it. That's 20000 KHz for you. Now your iPod is even better.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and one more thing, we've updated our microphones to have studio quality recording. So now Siri will hear you clear as a whistle.

And... we have our next generation Apple earphones to go with it. That's 20000 KHz for you. Now your iPod is even better.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I definitely think we will be seeing an update to all the hardware on the new iPhone, including the microphones. I also agree that an update to the earbuds is needed. That would be a logical update for Apple, as well. It's time for some hardware updates to keep on par with other devices.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple headphones are SO expensive. Almost $40 a pop. So if you lose your headphones, that's it. And the thing is, they haven't changed since 2009. They are quite crappy. They look nice, but the sound quality of the headphones are quite crappy. They should also be more comfortable for $40, they're just plastic.

Last edited:

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple headphones are SO expensive. Almost $40 a pop. So if you lose your headphones, that's it. And the thing is, they haven't changed since 2009. They are quite crappy. They look nice, but the sound quality of the headphones are quite crappy. They should also be more comfortable for $40, they're just plastic.

If you wonder why apple sells headphones for $40 that are no better than competitors $15 headphones, motoleo, its because of people like you who will pay any price for an item with an apple logo on it. That you would think Apple could put out an audiophile headphone for $40 that could compete favorably with more expensive products from companies with years of experience designing audiophile products is to put it nicely, naive.

biggerboat

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is passbook a precursor to a fully blown NFC (near field communication) style apple payment system? either built from the ground up by Apple or using a partner like Visa? As NFC or contactless payment becomes more wide spread and Android phones market this as a feature, it stands to reason Apple will need to join the party.

On past history, Apple isn't always first with all features; but when they do implement them they are game changers. FaceTime wasn't new, I had 3G video calling when I had a Sony Erricson V800 ages ago. But it wasn't widespread enough or reliable enough or a pleasure to use, Apple made this so.

So collectively lets cross our fingers for a contactless payment solution for iPhone, even if it's just a payment tag for the next new iPhone.

biggerboat

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Is passbook a precursor to a fully blown NFC (near field communication) style apple payment system? either built from the ground up by Apple or using a partner like Visa? As NFC or contactless payment becomes more wide spread and Android phones market this as a feature, it stands to reason Apple will need to join the party.

On past history, Apple isn't always first with all features; but when they do implement them they are game changers. FaceTime wasn't new, I had 3G video calling when I had a Sony Erricson V800 ages ago. But it wasn't widespread enough or reliable enough or a pleasure to use, Apple made this so.

So collectively lets cross our fingers for a contactless payment solution for iPhone, even if it's just a payment tag for the next new iPhone.

There more...SimplyApple.com

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
If you wonder why apple sells headphones for $40 that are no better than competitors $15 headphones, motoleo, its because of people like you who will pay any price for an item with an apple logo on it. That you would think Apple could put out an audiophile headphone for $40 that could compete favorably with more expensive products from companies with years of experience designing audiophile products is to put it nicely, naive.

They look good and the mic is good. No other headphones have that.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love MagSafe charging and syncing as well as thunderbolt or at the least USB 3.0 syncing speeds while a 10 megapixel camera with improved optics and xenon flash would be ideal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73