Visit site
Found that button you were looking for. It's FREE too!! :D

animated_ban_key.gif

in case you did not get the memo, i cannot be banned. sorry

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Standard configuration is NOT last year's model. There are processor speed increases, memory speed increases and USB 3. And it's still the same $2200 price...

By "standard configuration" all I meant was the NON-RETINA model. And you can get the lowest-spec'ed RETINA model for the same $2200 price... so pure and simple, you were wrong.

Well, then I wonder why there's such a mark up on the retina screen of a Macbook when iPhones and iPads have gotten them without any sort of price increase.

You can always get the newest iPad at $499. Good to know. Hmm.. The later, the better.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the retina screen. It's also the jump to an ssd hard drive. Plus other things I'm sure.

And if you look at other pro-level laptops comparable to a mbp, the mbps aren't that expensive.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My eyes are rolling so hard I think I can see my brain. OP, your post reeks of elitism. Who really cares if the iPhone is on so called "low end carriers"? If that diminishes the value of it in your eyes you need a serious reevaluation of your life. It's a freaking phone for Pete's sake. If, and it's a huge IF, the iPhone ever reaches prices that high, it'll be because of people like you, who clearly only buy the iPhone for your perceived image of what it means to have one.

If my carrier or Apple tried to make me pay $2,000 for a phone I would laugh my a** all the way over to the Android counter.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
There's really no such thing as a "low end carrier" but I just think the iPhone is becoming too generic. And I could start another topic on this, but it won't be long before Apple loses the trademark on that. Just like Kleenex and Band Aid lost theirs. and iPhones used to be like ... diamonds amongst dust. You'd always heard about the iPhone, but you would hardly ever see one.

But now that pretty much anybody can get one, I think a price increase is in order. Maybe a new marketing approach. It doesn't necessarily harm the image, but it makes it seem less valuable.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There's really no such thing as a "low end carrier" but I just think the iPhone is becoming too generic. And I could start another topic on this, but it won't be long before Apple loses the trademark on that. Just like Kleenex and Band Aid lost theirs. and iPhones used to be like ... diamonds amongst dust. You'd always heard about the iPhone, but you would hardly ever see one.

But now that pretty much anybody can get one, I think a price increase is in order. Maybe a new marketing approach. It doesn't necessarily harm the image, but it makes it seem less valuable.

What a freaking load of elitist arrogance. I now understand all I need to understand here. SMH

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Geez would someone close this already it a never ending battle no matter how wrong the op is lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I know how far people are willing to go for an iPhone. Also, the iPhone isn't just a phone. It's a notepad, a camera, a handheld gaming device, a computer, calculator, a television, a sketchpad.

Making phone calls is the very least of its abilities.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know how far people are willing to go for an iPhone.
There are people who will risk a great deal to own an iPhone but there are also a great deal of people who could care less about it.
Also, the iPhone isn't just a phone. It's a notepad, a camera, a handheld gaming device, a computer, calculator, a television, a sketchpad.

Making phone calls is the very least of its abilities.
You've just described a "smartphone" of which an iPhone is just one of many. Listen, thank you for starting this thread and I respect you for holding firm to your views, however, there comes a time when you've got to realize that not everyone share your experiences and/or opinions and the best thing to do is to acknowledge it and let it be. Just some friendly advice, my friend. ;). Take care and have a great day.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Some of the responses in this thread are great. It would, however, not be in Apple Inc's best interest to raise the price any higher than they currently are. Considering the ever increasing amount of Android platform phones out there now.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think the OP doesn't realize how much Apple already charges for iphones. The only way prices go up is if the carriers stop subsidizing as much. In that regard, you can bet carriers aren't rolling back upgrade dates any more. It'll be interesting to see if anyone who bought a 4S is actually upgrade eligible for an iphone 5.

As it is, the iphone 5 would have to be a heck of an update to pay more than upgrade price. The new connector and form factor would mean more purchases of accessories in my case.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP doesn't realize how much Apple already charges for iphones. The only way prices go up is if the carriers stop subsidizing as much. In that regard, you can bet carriers aren't rolling back upgrade dates any more. It'll be interesting to see if anyone who bought a 4S is actually upgrade eligible for an iphone 5.

As it is, the iphone 5 would have to be a heck of an update to pay more than upgrade price. The new connector and form factor would mean more purchases of accessories in my case.

rabbitTrail
If the carriers stop subsidizing the cost of the phones, there's no need to roll up/back contract dates. The carriers want you under contract because they can't/don't/won't truly compete on the basis of service... so they lock you in for a fixed period of time. The length of those contracts are set by the carriers to allow them to recoup the cost of the subsidization, as well as turn a profit. If they stop subsidizing the cost fo the phones, the only reason for contracts will be because of their insecurity as competitors in the open market. But there will be no subsidization cost to recover, and no need to move/modify/adjust contract renewal dates.
/rabbitTrail

ccostel

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If this next iPhone isn't a significant upgrade from the 4/4s, I won't pay the current upgrade price let alone $2000. I am not interested in just getting an iPhone 4sl (long).

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tell ya what Moto. YOU will pay $2000 for the next iPhone while the rest of us pay the current pricing. ;)

Thread closed! :D

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Thread opened. :rolleyes:

I can put my money back in my pocket, but this is all taken into assumption that the new iPhone will be miraculous. I mean, if you ask yourself which Apple release has been the best, which would you say?

This is shaping up to be the best phoe there ever was.

What do we have, a phone with a possible artificial intelligence, that's lightening fast, never needs to be charged, and is completely made out of anti microbial gorilla glass 2. New sound system and a Super retina display.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread opened. :rolleyes:

I can put my money back in my pocket, but this is all taken into assumption that the new iPhone will be miraculous. I mean, if you ask yourself which Apple release has been the best, which would you say?

This is shaping up to be the best phoe there ever was.

What do we have, a phone with a possible artificial intelligence, that's lightening fast, never needs to be charged, and is completely made out of anti microbial gorilla glass 2. New sound system and a Super retina display.

I say, who gives a puck, I still wouldn't pay $2000 for it. Oh, and Apple would never charge that high of a price either, so your thread is totally pointless. Closed!! :rolleyes:

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Open. :)

I said earlier that the most expensive iPhone today is already $899. And it sells. What's a few more dollars on top of that. If the price doubled, it would be around $1700, that's almost $2000! It's funny because there have been changes in the way Apple and carriers handle the iPhone.

Maybe there's a different reason the iPhone is breaking out of the big 3.

A New iPhone Will Cost You More than Ever Before

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh