Plus much of the improvements in IOS6 is very much under the hood too. There's new Facebook integration, added with improved Siri features, with a few things like Do not Disturb, not to mention Safari improvements, all of which are very small and do not seem to affect much but they really create a very polished experience.

Furthermore that's just from my experiences on the Beta, who knows what wonderful things Apple might snuck into the final release?
    07-16-2012 09:10 PM
    They would have to "snuck" in a whole lot. I think all of that added stuff is annoying. Like everything they added to the music app, and how you can accidentally tap the Store icon. Likes, comments. It's very cluttered.

And adding Facebook and Twitter integration is, I see that like adding MySpace integration.
    07-16-2012 09:21 PM
    "When I go forward, you go backwards, and somewhere we will meet"...
    07-17-2012 02:24 AM
    07-17-2012 11:24 AM
    I think they could easily charge $299 as a subsidized price (not sure if that's the carrier's choice or if Apple can influence that), especially if there's any change to the form factor whatsoever. People bought the original Thunderbolt at $299, and that was back when the battery lasted 3 hours and got hot enough to burn a hole in your leg.

It makes no sense that Apple would tout their "ecosystem" time and time again, and then not use that as a trap to get additional money from customers, especially when many competitors already charge that.
    07-18-2012 04:49 PM
    I think they could easily charge $299 as a subsidized price (not sure if that's the carrier's choice or if Apple can influence that), especially if there's any change to the form factor whatsoever. People bought the original Thunderbolt at $299, and that was back when the battery lasted 3 hours and got hot enough to burn a hole in your leg.

It makes no sense that Apple would tout their "ecosystem" time and time again, and then not use that as a trap to get additional money from customers, especially when many competitors already charge that.
    Ahem...
    iPhone 4s - US subsidized price at launch - October 2011
    16GB : 199$
    32GB : 299$
    64GB : 399$

They're already quite there... On AT&T site right now you can see that they are still the same price. Which makes the 4S pretty much the most expensive smartphone on the market. The Galaxy Note is 249$ and you can get it with a cheap voice contract... Would Samsung make a GSIII with 64GB, it still would be 249$.

And then there's the contract iPhones require...
    07-19-2012 06:05 AM
156 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD