I switched my Blackberry for the iPhone through my BestBuy warrenty, only paid 100 bucks more to upgrade memory from 16gb to 32 gb. I didn't get it because I'm a crazy fanboy, i just wanted a phone that worked and had the things I used the most (like a decent camera and good music controls).

If apple raised their priced for the iPhone 5 from around 650 for a 16gb 4s to let's say 900 for a 16gb 5, I can guarantee NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND who own's an iphone 3GS/4/4S will pay 900 bucks for a brand new one. That's where apple make the most money, contract's with carriers make carriers money and upgrading with warranties make retailers money. My 4S is good for me that I don't have to update to the 5 the second it's out, but if Apple was the least bit smart, they would realize that this product is for the "mainstream" market and not the "wipe my ... with $100 bills" market.
    06-30-2012 06:14 PM
    I'd like the OP to tell me which model iPhone costs $899 in the US. At least get your facts straight if you're going to start another complaint thread...
    06-30-2012 06:35 PM
    I'd like the OP to tell me which model iPhone costs $899 in the US. At least get your facts straight if you're going to start another complaint thread...
    Full retail or the factory unlocked 64GB 4S maybe. I paid $849. for my factory unlocked 64GB 4S. No subsidized iPhone would ever cost that much, though.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    06-30-2012 07:26 PM
    Full retail or the factory unlocked 64GB 4S maybe. I paid $849. for my factory unlocked 64GB 4S. No subsidized iPhone would ever cost that much, though.

Exactly, it costs 849, not 899 like the OP stated....
    06-30-2012 07:28 PM
    Exactly, it costs 849, not 899 like the OP stated....
    After taxes, lol.

06-30-2012 07:30 PM
    It's Apple-mania. People go gaga for iPhones. It doesn't surprise me that people sell their kidneys. They even have entire websites devoted to it.

But people beg and plead for something 'new and 'revolutionary'. New and revolutionary comes with a cost. Apple already showed you. If you want a better phone, at the same price point, it's going to have to look the same. The 4 and 4S is practically the same phone. Same phone, same price.

You asked for a new phone. Don't act surprised when the price is new. You can't say, "I expect this this and this, and I want the price point to remain the same."
    06-30-2012 08:59 PM
    It's Apple-mania. People go gaga for iPhones. It doesn't surprise me that people sell their kidneys. They even have entire websites devoted to it.

But people beg and plead for something 'new and 'revolutionary'. New and revolutionary comes with a cost. Apple already showed you. If you want a better phone, at the same price point, it's going to have to look the same. The 4 and 4S is practically the same phone. Same phone, same price.

You asked for a new phone. Don't act surprised when the price is new. You can't say, "I expect this this and this, and I want the price point to remain the same."

Fausty82 and anon5664829 like this.
    06-30-2012 09:05 PM

Really? Because the 4 didn't look like the 3GS and I'm sure it was the same price? Honestly after reading your post I think your on crack.
    Fausty82 and anon5664829 like this.
    06-30-2012 09:32 PM

Apple did not raise the price from the 3G to the 3GS to the 4 to the 4S... change and innovation come pre-packaged. So there goes that theory.
    06-30-2012 10:28 PM
    Apple did not raise the price from the 3G to the 3GS to the 4 to the 4S... change and innovation come pre-packaged. So there goes that theory.
    Yeah, the price has been the same for years. Heck, Apple didn't even raise the price of the New iPad after they added LTE to it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    07-01-2012 07:42 AM
    I don't see them raising the price by much. It's possible they may have to due to the new cost of LTE and NFC. If they did, it would only be by $50 I would bet. I would pay a lot for the new one myself. I would pay up to $700 on-contract as long as we get LTE and NFC.
    07-01-2012 02:47 PM
    BUT, we're talking about all devices that have looked the same since it's inception. Never before have we asked for a bigger screen, 24 hour battery, wireless charging, or NFC.
    07-01-2012 02:54 PM
    BUT, we're talking about all devices that have looked the same since it's inception. Never before have we asked for a bigger screen, 24 hour battery, wireless charging, or NFC.
    And the price still won't change. Do you even know how much it costs to make current iPhone? Even if they add all this they won't raise the price because they still make profit.
    07-01-2012 02:59 PM
    I guess people confuse Apple with what their intentions were. While we see the iPhone as a luxury device, look at its OS. It's simple. Anyone can use. Anyone meaning both rich and poor. Opening the phone up to "lower-end" markets will increase revenue for them and drive their mission to reality. Why are people so concerned with who else has their phone? Are iPhone users really elitists? It's just a phone...
    07-01-2012 04:57 PM
    Wireless charging and 24 hour battery are not possible at this point in time. A bigger screen and NFC won't add anything to the cost. Components go down in price.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    07-01-2012 07:06 PM
    Wireless charging and 24 hour battery are not possible at this point in time. A bigger screen and NFC won't add anything to the cost. Components go down in price.
    Well, I don't know how you would know that but I don't know what else Apple could do to please. I mean it's not revolutionary to make a bigger screen because we've already got phones with bigger screens.

I might actually be a little disappointed if it does have a bigger screen because I think that iPhones are actually the perfect size already.
    Last edited by motoleo; 07-01-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    07-01-2012 09:25 PM
    Most probably this is the first time, I heard someone asking the company to increase the price of the device, either this guy is insane of he has some logic that is out of reach of common people, I wonder what pushed him to say such a thing?
    07-02-2012 06:22 AM
    Most probably this is the first time, I heard someone asking the company to increase the price of the device, either this guy is insane of he has some logic that is out of reach of common people, I wonder what pushed him to say such a thing?

Fausty82, cardfan and grunt0300 like this.
    07-02-2012 07:47 AM
    Apple Won't raise the price period .. The next device could pop out a holographic keyboard and screen and the price would stay the same .. This is not some two bit dumb company that would cripple current and future customers by trying to sneak in a extra 50 bucks or 100 bucks per phone .. .. They are still making massive profit from referb iPad 1 and 2 that sell couple hundred dollars less .. The 3GS is free on contact and they still make a profit from the carrier
    Bottom line price will be the same no matter what .. So please tell Siri to find you the closest NA meeting

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-02-2012 11:55 PM
    Peligro: Okay, but then how do you explain MacBook pricing?
    07-03-2012 07:29 AM
    Apple should go up on the price of the next iPhone. Now that the iPhone 4S has saturated and can be found in places like Cricket and other low end carriers.
    Totally disagree.

To be more competitive, I think Apple should either lower their iPhone price slightly or remain the same.

Personally, there would be NO WAY I would pay 1,278 (with today's conversion rate from $ to ) for an iPhone.
    07-04-2012 04:28 AM
    Apple should go up on the price of the next iPhone. Now that the iPhone 4S has saturated and can be found in places like Cricket and other low end carriers.
    ... U just posted this to jerk our chain right??-___-
    07-04-2012 11:47 AM
    Puff pass man....

Flash player for Ipad
    I'll get the mirror and roll that $20 bill, you provide the rest. Heck, i really loved the '80s.
    07-04-2012 12:09 PM
    From what I can tell I think someone else posted the price has not changed..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-04-2012 01:55 PM
    From what I can tell I think someone else posted the price has not changed..
    The standard configuration MacBooks have not increased in price... still in the $1800-2200 price range. If you throw in the retina display and the SSD, then yes, the price went up... but you can still get the entry level MBP w retina and SSD for $2200... so the bottom line: NO PRICE INCREASE.
    07-04-2012 02:15 PM
156 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD