Thanks for the $500 loss apple!!

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That's how much my Bose sound dock was that will be useless in a few months. Oh yeah, we may as well toss in the car charger, mini speaker system and car aux jack as well. .

Does apple think people will just mindlessly buy something because it has an apple logo on it regardless of how much it is and the fact that all of your accessory purchases are on the way to being obsolete?? Apparently so.

Now, I know as soon as you buy tech the clock ticks until its not the latest and greatest, I get that. BUT, to change the pin count after several years of the same design is bs.

And the "well it allows for super cool awesome things to pull the wool over your eyes with" argument won't work either. Apple did a ****ty thing, and to see it otherwise is shear lunacy.

Really awesome customer service. My AT&T upgrade will be used for a WP8.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand your frustration bro but remember one thing Apple only sold you the phone they never told you to purchase those accessories. We have to remember that in technology changes can and will come and that Apple like any other corporation will make those changes based on their needs at the time not exactly what's best for us

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I get it. Your jaws are torqued because your Bose dock may not work with the new device... but it was designed to work with the current generation iOS devices... which it does. Sorry that technological advances has hidden costs in obsolete accessories, but did you really think any accessory (even a $500 accessory) would never be obsoleted?

You have the option of using your existing device with the Bose dock or looking into other solutions - like dock connector adapters... but you can't blame Apple for progress. And you can bet that the Android, Windows Phone and other platforms are also working on new device designs that may obsolete some older accessories.

Bottom line: change happens. This isn't Apple's fault. Your current device will continue to work with your current set of accessories - you got what you paid for, so what's the problem?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That's how much my Bose sound dock was that will be useless in a few months. Oh yeah, we may as well toss in the car charger, mini speaker system and car aux jack as well. .

Does apple think people will just mindlessly buy something because it has an apple logo on it regardless of how much it is and the fact that all of your accessory purchases are on the way to being obsolete?? Apparently so.

Now, I know as soon as you buy tech the clock ticks until its not the latest and greatest, I get that. BUT, to change the pin count after several years of the same design is bs.

And the "well it allows for super cool awesome things to pull the wool over your eyes with" argument won't work either. Apple did a ****ty thing, and to see it otherwise is shear lunacy.

Give me the name of the person who is FORCING you to buy the iPhone5, and i'll take care of him. Oh wait, it's you yourself!! Suck it up, crybaby, and just keep your present phone.:rolleyes:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm can I see a release with this " new dock" and a statement from apple saying it's official I would wait to cry till it's official and you can see it for yourself

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Can't blame Apple for changing things up. They have had the same set up for almost 6 years. There will most certainly be adapters you can purchase that will work with your current accessories so I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The outpouring of support is heart warming. Crybaby, awesome.

I love forums for the tremendous use of douchery should you say apple sucks and hint at their having done something ****ty.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
What about all of the hotels that have docks in every room that will have to replace them? Are they being "crybabies" as well? Even if it was a cheaper $50 dock, multiple that by 400-500 rooms (if not more) and thats an op cost they now have incure.

Yes, it's one time. Yes, it's a write off, but it's something they now have to buy.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What about all of the hotels that have docks in every room that will have to replace them? Are they being "crybabies" as well? Even if it was a cheaper $50 dock, multiple that by 400-500 rooms (if not more) and thats an op cost they now have incure.

Yes, it's one time. Yes, it's a write off, but it's something they now have to buy.

How many hotels do you own/run/operate?

Yeah, it's disappointing, but it is what it is. Technology advances and stuff becomes obsolete. It happens, and life goes on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Bottom line is the write-off.

By the way, what about that W8 phone and how compatible is that with your existing accessories again?

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, they aren't, but I know that the micro USB port will be standard and the 4s becomes an iPod touch.
Hotels, I once had them on park place, boardwalk AND all of the green, light blue and red properties in monopoly if you must know.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

Next time go to their offices and ask them to please only consider your needs and not their own. They owe you nothing. Enjoy your W8 upgrade, but I'm sure they'll change things up on you too eventually. Get over it.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing, they aren't, but I know that the micro USB port will be standard and the 4s becomes an iPod touch.
Hotels, I once had them on park place, boardwalk AND all of the green, light blue and red properties in monopoly if you must know.
I disagree the micro USB is anything but standard. My wife and I between us have had multiple Android phones and guess what the micro USB was different on every single one, even windows phones have used several different micro USB ports depending on manufacture. So you go buy your WP8 its made buy lets say Nokia and then a new model comes out that you just need to have lets say it made by HTC this time guess what you have a 95% chance the Micro USB is different and then Oh snap you have to buy all new stuff again, even if the new model you wanted was made made by Nokia again you have an 85% chance that they changed the micro USB connecter and you want to know why they do this? its so they can make money on accessories.

On car chargers this to me is a stupid complaint there is one thing that is standard between all phones and that is every phone just about comes with a connector that has the standard USB at one end. Guess what most cars have a USB in them now I don't buy car chargers I just plug the phone into the USB (you do know the phone charges that way don't you?) and even if you car doesn't have a USB connection you can always buy the universal adapter that plugs into the cigaret lighter (or power outlet now in most cars) that is what I did after my second android phone for my old car.

Apple needs to change the connector for room, If they do come out with a 4 inch screen they are going to need a bit more room for a bigger battery and not just to power the screen but to power the LTE chipset in the new phone and that chipset takes up more room its either cut the size of other components down or make a phone as big as the Samsung Note and I know I don't want a phone that big if I did I would use my iPad as a phone.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I disagree the micro USB is anything but standard. My wife and I between us have had multiple Android phones and guess what the micro USB was different on every single one, even windows phones have used several different micro USB ports depending on manufacture. So you go buy your WP8 its made buy lets say Nokia and then a new model comes out that you just need to have lets say it made by HTC this time guess what you have a 95% chance the Micro USB is different and then Oh snap you have to buy all new stuff again, even if the new model you wanted was made made by Nokia again you have an 85% chance that they changed the micro USB connecter and you want to know why they do this? its so they can make money on accessories.
No there isn't multiple types of micro USB. Not sure how you were having trouble but I've used my blackberry micro USB charger with my android, WP7, and palm pre 2. I primarily use it for trips and leave the originals at home so I don't lose them.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No there isn't multiple types of micro USB. Not sure how you were having trouble but I've used my blackberry micro USB charger with my android, WP7, and palm pre 2. I primarily use it for trips and leave the originals at home so I don't lose them.
yes there is here is an examplal one for the original droid one for droid x and one for an HTC wife had and I can tell you now that the one for my BB storm didnot fit any of my phones.

Its a mix of Micro and Mini here is a good example of 2 different Micro and 2 different mini, depending on the manufacture for example Moto they have used all 4 different types for there phones

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

What are you talking about? All you have to do is....NOT BUY THE IPHONE5!!! After that, everything stays the same. Use your iPhone3GS, 4, or 4S anywhere you want to. No adapters needed, ever. End of story.:rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73