Thanks for the $500 loss apple!!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
AirPlay = problem solved.

Sell your current dock and iPhone, upgrade to an AirPlay compatible model.

Buy a used iPod touch strictly for music, use it with your current dock.

Oh. Wait.
Buy a $20.00 adaptor to work with your $500.00 stereo.
Yeah, that'll work too.

To be fair, it's Apple.
The adaptor will probably be $50.00. :D

Last edited:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What about all of the hotels that have docks in every room that will have to replace them? Are they being "crybabies" as well?

No, because I haven't seen any hotel operators say anything about, they probably have more pressing issues than what Apple may or may not due 4 months from now.

It's 4 months off. It might not change at all and if it does an adaptor will almost certainly be available. And you can't control it either way so why spend 4 months stressing about something that may or may not happen?

Really, if you have nothing more to worry about you should just consider yourself lucky.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
yes there is here is an examplal one for the original droid one for droid x and one for an HTC wife had and I can tell you now that the one for my BB storm didnot fit any of my phones.

Its a mix of Micro and Mini here is a good example of 2 different Micro and 2 different mini, depending on the manufacture for example Moto they have used all 4 different types for there phones

Micro and mini are not the same thing.
And you've only listed one device that is different from the others.
There is one standard micro USB that "almost" everyone uses.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple never made you buy all of that not to mention nothing stays compatible forever I mean calm down. Your accessories still will not work with wp8 and not to mention I am sure there will be an adapter or something you can buy. But do write into apple and express your anger and tell them how you are going to stomp out once the next iphone is released like a little angry child. I am sure they will be so heart broken that they will continue using the 30 pin connector just to put a smile on your face. /s

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
My question is why would you spend $500 on an accessory, KNOWING that Apple was going to change their dock connector. Why not wait?? Seems to me, you should be blaming yourself. Not Apple.

Send from my new Super Duper iPad :)

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I feel your pain, but I think you've hinted at at least one truth...... Apple does bank on people being sheep and buying whatever they put out. I mean, look at all the sheep that have bought the iPhone just because it is "cool" when in reality there are so many superior and useful products out there like Blackberry and Android. Just sayin'

That's how much my Bose sound dock was that will be useless in a few months. Oh yeah, we may as well toss in the car charger, mini speaker system and car aux jack as well. .

Does apple think people will just mindlessly buy something because it has an apple logo on it regardless of how much it is and the fact that all of your accessory purchases are on the way to being obsolete?? Apparently so.

Now, I know as soon as you buy tech the clock ticks until its not the latest and greatest, I get that. BUT, to change the pin count after several years of the same design is bs.

And the "well it allows for super cool awesome things to pull the wool over your eyes with" argument won't work either. Apple did a ****ty thing, and to see it otherwise is shear lunacy.

Really awesome customer service. My AT&T upgrade will be used for a WP8.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I get his point but i try to stay away from those type of connections. For example, I got my daughter a speaker dock but made sure it had bluetooth. Although i'm sure I can use an adapter later, it's not as elegant. But then again, i'm not rushing to buy her an upgraded ipod touch.

In my car, i use a bluetooth stereo. I'm sure i'll need a new proclip mount for an iphone 5 that will have new adapter built in.

At home, it's airplay or bluetooth. Existing cords and cubes will get sold with iphone 4S's later so it's no big deal. I've a clock with an iphone port, i'll get an adapter or sell the clock.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You do realize that you will still be able to sell those accesories on eBay or Craig's list along with your old iPhone and probably still make a pretty good penny there are still people out there who dont care about the latest and greatest

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
You do realize that you will still be able to sell those accesories on eBay or Craig's list along with your old iPhone and probably still make a pretty good penny there are still people out there who dont care about the latest and greatest

Common sense is hard to be found on this post lol. That would make to much sense to do that or buy a 30 dollar adapter and be good to go.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one seeing the irony of someone complaining Apple users are suckers who will buy anything with the Apple logo, when they paid $500 for the name Bose? Bose, the most over rated pieces of tech since Monster cables or Beats by Dre?

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That's how much my Bose sound dock was that will be useless in a few months. Oh yeah, we may as well toss in the car charger, mini speaker system and car aux jack as well. .

Does apple think people will just mindlessly buy something because it has an apple logo on it regardless of how much it is and the fact that all of your accessory purchases are on the way to being obsolete?? Apparently so.

Now, I know as soon as you buy tech the clock ticks until its not the latest and greatest, I get that. BUT, to change the pin count after several years of the same design is bs.

And the "well it allows for super cool awesome things to pull the wool over your eyes with" argument won't work either. Apple did a ****ty thing, and to see it otherwise is shear lunacy.

Really awesome customer service. My AT&T upgrade will be used for a WP8.

So you must have some mad insider info cause the way your going on you must know something the rest of the world doesn't, last i checked apple hasn't announced anything about the new iPhone. you really need to just chill man:cool:

Just sayin......

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
How is that a waste of $500? There's no telling what the new iPhone was going to be, it might not have a dock connector at all! :eek:

You bought that for your current device, and it still works with your current device, so..

Just buy whatever new accessories they have. That's what I'd do,

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro