What Do All The Leaks Mean?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It could also be the old rope-a-dope. The alleged deliberate leaks could be intended to get your mind focused on one image so that you will indeed be wowed when the true image is revealed.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I'm leaning towards that is the new phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely doubt it! This is apple we are talking about! Too many leaks of the same exact thing!

Remember all the "same leaked" images of the alleged iPhone 4S? They were nothing like what the 4S turned out to be, at least not the ones I saw.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Remember all the "same leaked" images of the alleged iPhone 4S? They were nothing like what the 4S turned out to be, at least not the ones I saw.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Those were tear dropped images the verge were throwing around. That was never going to happen. I said that when those first appeared. And never were they actual real images rather renderings. Like I said, I'm leaning towards what you saw today is the new phone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those were tear dropped images the verge were throwing around. That was never going to happen. I said that when those first appeared. And never were they actual real images rather renderings. Like I said, I'm leaning towards what you saw today is the new phone.

One thing is for certain, we will know what it'll look like soon enough. :)

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I don't remember, which form factor are you talking about? I don't recall so many of the same leaks for the 4s. I know this because I actively follow the blogs and I was surprised that the 4s was same as the 4.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks great. Thinner, bigger screen, super slick looking. Not sure what else you want?

All I want is something that doesn't look so much like what has been on the market for 2 years ... a lot of people are bored by it. All they would be doing is just keeping up with the market by elongating the screen and making it slimmer, not leading the market with a new design. A year ago people were making the criticism that the 4s needed to be a new form factor ... and now an entire year later and they are merely going to elongate the screen? Not enough, sorry. I will still buy, but disappointed because I feel they are not listening to people.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember, which form factor are you talking about? I don't recall so many of the same leaks for the 4s. I know this because I actively follow the blogs and I was surprised that the 4s was same as the 4.

They were the ones Jeremy referenced a few posts up.

http://forums.imore.com/showpost.php?p=1895977

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

Reactions: Jeremy

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
All I want is something that doesn't look so much like what has been on the market for 2 years ... a lot of people are bored by it. All they would be doing is just keeping up with the market by elongating the screen and making it slimmer, not leading the market with a new design. A year ago people were making the criticism that the 4s needed to be a new form factor ... and now an entire year later and they are merely going to elongate the screen? Not enough, sorry. I will still buy, but disappointed because I feel they are not listening to people.

There is more than making the screen larger. It's slimmer. Curves are slightly different. Fact is it will be the slickest phone out there in terms of hardware and design. Of course that's just my opinion but and I understand other's may not see it that way.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There is more than making the screen larger. It's slimmer. Curves are slightly different. Fact is it will be the slickest phone out there in terms of hardware and design. Of course that's just my opinion but and I understand other's may not see it that way.

Yeh, it will be slick, just sort of boring ... especially since all these leaks have damaged any sort of hype it could have brought. There is zero anticipation for the community who actively follow this stuff. I personally love the size of the 4 and 4s. I think they should have just stretched the screen farther up and down to make it bigger.

nzrocketman

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Would it be down to that most people use cases for your phone so is there any point of redesigning something that isn't really going to be seen

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm torn over that one. These leaks raise some doubts in my mind, but at the same time they ring the bell on so many levels.

On one side...

1. Lady StarGazer had a point : money. I think these leaks are in great part a snowball effect caused by a first leak, or series of leaks - may those have been legit or not. Having the "latest" news and rumors and leaks on a website's front page pretty much guarantees a lot of visitors. Those who were first to display and discuss them got huge, huge attention and frequentation. Millions of people started chewing on it like mad, researching further and further infos and confirmations. Now, as a source (any media) you have two options : going along with the leaks, or defuse them / propose alternates. Or both in many cases, but with a major focus on one; the other is just something to fill up the voids and raise discussions - and hopefully get more frequentation. The thing is, this leak rings a true note, it distinguishes itself from the other alternatives proposed, it resists many counter-arguments, it relies on pictures and videos, not digital renderings and pure speculations. Millions of people are already swallowed whole in the new frenzy, and they are hungry for the next leaks, the freshest source of information. Would you defuse it, you may lose attention and credibility, but adding on it is a pretty safe line. This is an opportunity to make money, to get visibility, and some people are stepping on it : based on the first leak (or series of leaks), they start "leaking" other parts and news that just fit with it, and the more it goes on, the less space is left for any other alternative, the more "reliable" and unified the leaks get. And this is huge, we're not talking weeks but days, even hours, to build up. Now, even if the first leak WAS true, it doesn't mean nothing anymore. It's already a good couple of months old, Apple has had time to change its strategy, to review its design, and as they are aware of the leak, perhaps to see to it that it doesn't happen anymore. Or to use it as a shield. Not saying they went radically different, perhaps just that they finally focused on another prototype.

2. We have to admit it, the leaks fit Apple's usual predicament. But... they are all "black". Can you imagine that prototype in white? The black isn't even black : the metal is a dull, carbon grey. I can't imagine it spray-painted white and looking good. The white 3GS - 4 - 4S were gorgeous because plastic, and then glass, gave it a glossy, classy look. That could not be with this new prototype. Another alternative is... to only have the back and front bezels white. And that would really, really be ugly. So it leaves us with the possibility of replacing the white version by a silver and white, so you get a dark, carbon grey and black version, and a light, silver and white version as a choice. Possible... but at the same time, I can't believe it. In fact, it seems to me that the metal casing would really only be beautiful in colors : electric orange, red or blue could look nice with that raw, unpolished finish. That leaked carbon prototype is not ugly, but it definitely lacks the usual unity and smoothness of Apple products. And I don't expect colors...

On another side...

3. It stays a "classical" form for iPhone, really fitting with Apple's philosophy.

4. Can you tell me WHAT exactly is SO much more advanced and original in other manufacturer's designs? Colors, up to a point... Plastic backplate and roundness are not really unique as snowflakes, are they? The actual GSIII is pretty much a thinner, bigger version of an iPhone 3GS, only with more screen and less bezel. And it's offered blue and white - oh I wonder where they got that idea, SOOOO original! The Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy Note just look about the same as the GSIII. The SII was more square, does it really stand out as original? The GSIII backplate is the most common, unremarkable thing in this world. HTC, Motorola, they all look the same to me. I don't know about you, but when I look at a carrier's counter from a distance, only the iPhones do really stand out...

5. In spite of my doubts concerning precisely the actual design given by all the leaks, I do not think the next iPhone will be radically different from it. Which doesn't make me less excited about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice