What Do All The Leaks Mean?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While I am not taking any of this personally, I do take it serious after all of the hours of research I put into it. Plus it is fun for me to theorize on it. Let me clarify, I am holding Apple's security efforts and ability to execute on their spoken initiatives to a high standard, among other things.

So you're upset because you wanted to be surprised, but you come across as if you've researched this coming iPhone like a full time career...it would seem to me that your problem would be solved by not spending all day reading about the theoretical iPhone pieces coming out of China. Kind of like being excited for a movie and not ruining it by reading potential spoilers online (only with this, the spoilers are coming from historically non-credible sources).

spcurtis81

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I would laugh my socks off if Apple have been feeding us all these rumours and parts all along and they actually unveil something completely different looking :)

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would laugh my socks off if Apple have been feeding us all these rumours and parts all along and they actually unveil something completely different looking :)

I read a great article the other day explaining why that probably isn't the case. To sum it up, basically not worth their time and money that could be spent better elsewhere. But I had thought of that, which I think I mentioned in my OP.

spcurtis81

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I read a great article the other day explaining why that probably isn't the case. To sum it up, basically not worth their time and money that could be spent better elsewhere. But I had thought of that, which I think I mentioned in my OP.

I would have to agree. I think the single biggest evidence out there for at least the screen dimensions is that it's already in the development simulators isn't it?

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
I think Apple looked at last year's experience, when leaks came out that ended up being completely wrong and led to disappointed consumers who wanted something that didn't look EXACTLY like an iPhone 4. This year, they're probably a little concerned there will be a backlash about the adapter change, the headphone jack change, or the different shape, that they're letting things trickle out to allow people to get used to them slowly.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think Apple looked at last year's experience, when leaks came out that ended up being completely wrong and led to disappointed consumers who wanted something that didn't look EXACTLY like an iPhone 4. This year, they're probably a little concerned there will be a backlash about the adapter change, the headphone jack change, or the different shape, that they're letting things trickle out to allow people to get used to them slowly.

Apple themselves are not letting anything trickle out. That's a fact.

rockerchick

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeh, it will be slick, just sort of boring ... especially since all these leaks have damaged any sort of hype it could have brought. There is zero anticipation for the community who actively follow this stuff. I personally love the size of the 4 and 4s. I think they should have just stretched the screen farther up and down to make it bigger.

The thing is we are the geeks that follow this stuff. The average iPhone buyer does not. I know lots of avid iPhone users and people who want the next phone. Not one of them has any idea of the phone leaks or the OS leaks. Not one. And I'm counting like 10 regular average users and potential users that I know personally.
No one has a clue what's coming but is geeks and guess what? The masses won't care, they will but the new phone and it will sell like gangbusters!

tys

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't remember, which form factor are you talking about? I don't recall so many of the same leaks for the 4s. I know this because I actively follow the blogs and I was surprised that the 4s was same as the 4.

I thought the rumors were very clear and accurate last year.
When the white iPhone 4 finally came out in April, I looked at all the usual rumor sites and everything pointed to 4S in the fall, so I went ahead and bought the white 4 the day it was released. 6 months later the rumors proved true.
I think it's just way too big an international production to keep anything secret anymore.
I hope I'm wrong since I don't like the rumored design at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner