According to THIS ARTICLE, Apple is indeed changing to a 19-pin charging port, but I'm not worried about. Fatboy71 is correct. Numerous companies out there will take advantage of the opportunity to please consumers and make money by creating adapters that will allow the new device to work with your existing equipment even if Apple does not.

Just Me, D
    (iPad 2)
    07-23-2012 10:27 AM
    This is played out all over the electronics world. My original BB phone had a USB connector, and the next on a mini-USB connector. No biggie. Chargers are cheap. The boomboxes won't work but we all want a new boombox now don't we?
    07-23-2012 02:21 PM
    Well that's the problem. I have a $150 Bose speaker system. Wont be to happy if it changes:/
    Definitely an adapter, otherwise the iPhone 5 wouldn't have any accessories.
    07-23-2012 05:29 PM
    I hope Apple at least includes an adapter with the phone, I don't mind buying a second one but to have to pay $19-29 per will be just ridiculous.
    08-02-2012 01:23 PM
    Its just a change. We can't expect Apple to not change the port forever. It will come sooner or later. If Apple does change the connector now, and does it 5 years later, the reaction will probably be the same again for some. So lets wait and see what it will bring first. Perhaps there is more to the new 19pin connector than meets the eye.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    08-02-2012 01:57 PM
    Its just a change. We can't expect Apple to not change the port forever. It will come sooner or later. If Apple does change the connector now, and does it 5 years later, the reaction will probably be the same again for some. So lets wait and see what it will bring first. Perhaps there is more to the new 19pin connector than meets the eye.
    I would also like to add in that with technology, devices evolve. If it werent going to happen now, it was bound to happen sometime in the future. I personally welcome the change. Also with less pins there's less room for error if one of the pins gets damaged and puts less wear and tear on the device, pin wise. Also as someone said before it also leaves more room for other components, perhaps a better speaker system, bigger battery, etc.
    08-02-2012 07:49 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD