New iPhone looks like the Galaxy S3

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, why else would they ban it though? The new iPhone MUST look like the S3. There's no other reason to ban it.

Wow... whatever you're smoking, send me a crate of it.

It is possible for Samsung to have violated patents without Apple making a device that "look(s) like the S3". But then I'm not a patent attorney, and don't think you are either... so we're just spitting into the wind here.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my 4S. It is an absolutely incredible phone. I love Apple's customer service. It's the best in the business.

But this business practice of suing and filing injunctions every single time a new Android comes out is ridiculous, to say the least. IMHO, it puts Apple in such a negative light, that actually makes me want to go to a different company. Regardless of any Android phones coming out, Apple would still sell billions of iPhones. If it wasn't for Android, Apple wouldn't have some of the innovations they do now, and vice versa. The two platforms are symbiotic. We need both to succeed so that they continue to innovate and make their products better. If Android didn't come along, we'd probably be on iOS 1 still. Yes, that is ridiculous to think, but I just get so fed up with the suing and injunctions, and really shizzy and shady business practice that Apple is undergoing.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Wow... whatever you're smoking, send me a crate of it.

It is possible for Samsung to have violated patents without Apple making a device that "look(s) like the S3". But then I'm not a patent attorney, and don't think you are either... so we're just spitting into the wind here.

Bingo. I can tell everyone, and I don't think it's shocking, the new iPhone looks nothing like the GS3. The GS3 looks like a cheap toy in comparison. And it's funny just a few years ago some people thought the iPhone 3G/3GS looked like cheap plastic toys. Go figure.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
And yet Apple is concerned about Samsung cutting into market share. 9 million pre-sold in overseas markets is a lot of devices sold. I doubt the next iphone will look anything like a samsung device and vice versa, but the ongoing battles are a joke and embarrassment for all parties.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
And yet Apple is concerned about Samsung cutting into market share. 9 million pre-sold in overseas markets is a lot of devices sold. I doubt the next iphone will look anything like a samsung device and vice versa, but the ongoing battles are a joke and embarrassment for all parties.

Agreed 100%. Like I said above, this is a joke. I hate the constant, unnecessary lawsuits. It makes Apple look like an obnoxious bully.

vinny jr

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Bingo. I can tell everyone, and I don't think it's shocking, the new iPhone looks nothing like the GS3. The GS3 looks like a cheap toy in comparison. And it's funny just a few years ago some people thought the iPhone 3G/3GS looked like cheap plastic toys. Go figure.

If it looks like a cheap toy why the heck is Apple throwing millions of dollars at Attorneys to keep this cheap toy out of the US market? Maybe because it is the best specked out device to date with some great software innovation. The reason for using plastic is because radios work much better with that material. For the administrator to throw crap like this out is not being very professional. I think the SGS3 is a bad ass device, I have had a chance to use it and I will tell you it is the smoothest working phone I ever used. The phone has better specks then my home computer. That is no toy and I think it looks fantastic. Just My Opinion.

chiragaegis

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I personally think it is quite clear the S3 does not copy the iPhone. I believe that internally they also do not think it is a copy - they are throwing around accusations for the sake of legal bargaining power. Apple did not create the forum factor of a touch- screen smartphone.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
This might sound really ridiculous. But everything that everyone wants in the iPhone 5, can already be found in the Samsung Galaxy S3. The S3 IS the iPhone 5.

This might actually blow your mind. But there isn't anything that iOS6 brings to the table, that the Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't have. I mean, just look at it:

Siri-vs.-S-Voice-The-Showdown_thumb2.jpg

Lol, that's looks like the iPhone 5 renderings, doesn't it.

The tables have most certainly turned.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
More nonsense. Look, if you want an android phone with added bloatware, crap skins, etc from device makers, then by all means, go get one. I'm sure you can count on updates to Jellybean and beyond..one day. Maybe. The first thing i did with a dell PC for example was reinstall windows. Why would I want a phone with all of samsung's crap on it? At least talk about the Nexus if you're going to bring up android as it is supposedly google's direct update device.

I'll take the iphone with no bloat from anyone but Apple. Direct updates from Apple. Direct support..yep you guess it..from Apple. It's also pretty nice not having to deal with carriers.

david.e.crocker@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
This might sound really ridiculous. But everything that everyone wants in the iPhone 5, can already be found in the Samsung Galaxy S3. The S3 IS the iPhone 5.

This might actually blow your mind. But there isn't anything that iOS6 brings to the table, that the Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't have. I mean, just look at it:

Click to view quoted image

Lol, that's looks like the iPhone 5 renderings, doesn't it.

The tables have most certainly turned.
23106145.jpg

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know, the bloat apps on the SG3 can be fully disabled and will not run or consume memory or cpu. They also will not even appear in the app drawer, so it's as good as not being on there.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the sgs3 and apple is going after it not for looks but for patents it violates. Clearly if you could read you would have observed that in one of the many articles talking about what apple was going after the galaxy nexus and other android devices for.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Look, I love my iphone something fierce...but no one here should discount the sgs3. This is one helluva phone, and any of my issues previously with battery life, bloatware etc with android are addressed.

Apple has a reason to be looking in their rear view, and I wish they would lay off with the lawsuits because they look ridiculous.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Look, I love my iphone something fierce...but no one here should discount the sgs3. This is one helluva phone, and any of my issues previously with battery life, bloatware etc with android are addressed.

Apple has a reason to be looking in their rear view, and I wish they would lay off with the lawsuits because they look ridiculous.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

The lawsuit pool is coming from all directions, not just Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple patent lawsuits: Apple involved with 60% of patent suits

I would say that is mostly apple doing the suing.....

I don't think i need to go back and report who began this whole patent lawsuit battle. And again, the lawsuits are coming from all directions (but it didn't begin like that, lol).

When you come to the playground to pick a fight, make sure you can win or don't pick a fight. Or...pick a fight, get your ass kicked, then come back stronger later. I'd love for Samsung to build on the onslaught they brought on themselves...competition makes a stronger product on both sides of the fence.