How many people would get the Samsung GS3 if the next iPhone doesn't come out soon

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Since when did sales numbers do anything for the consumer? Do you walk around with your iPhone and point out to Android users that more people bought a phone just like yours??

McDonald's sells a lot of food, does that mean they have the best food out there?

Do you only shop at Wal-Mart?

Blah Blah Blah....

i think in the back of your mind you already know the next iPhone is going to be a disappointment to YOU

you're just prolonging your wait, really

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just want to let anyone know, whoever is on the fence about choosing between the S3 and the iPhone.
Recently I bought the S3 i switched from the iPhone 4s to it and at first i was really happy, i was excited about 4G capabilities (even tho sprint dosent have it yet..lol) and i was excited about customization ....and im sure there were other things i was happy about, Within ONE day i missed Siri. I literally missed every way the iPhone worked, and then what do you know two days later my S3 starts freezing, lagging, and im getting pissed because i had 4 different fake Siri apps that sucked. Maybe you guys dont use siri or whatever but i love that feature i am always in the car on the move and it comes in handy, she always gets it right too. Now lets get to the final straw (for me) with the S3. Albeit an awesome phone, the battery SUCKS! I love how EVERYONE on the net brags about how much bigger the S3 battery is compared to the iPhone, well to me that doesn't mean anything because it literally dies in HALF the amount of time that it takes for the iPhone to die, i looked at my battery usage on the S3 and what do you know the damn Super AMOLED screen was using 56% of my battery lol. That is what really pissed me off. Im so stupid for making an impulsive decision like that and buying the S3 just because I thought it was better than the iPhone. Yes people, ON PAPER the S3 is better. It does WAY more. More memory. More customization. But, from experience, It runs no where close to as well as iOS. Im not bashing Android, this is all MY personal preference. It may be different for you. But im just trying to reach out to the people on the fence about upgrading...THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. Even though im in an iPhone forum ill probably get bashed for saying this but before anyone says something remember that this is MY opinion because I have owned BOTH phones and IMO the iPhone is the better of the two it runs way better, and its faster at operating. The samsung has more stats, does evereything the iPhone does x3 , but if you own both phones you will notice what im talking about if you are into iPhones, cause no matter what, it could be 10G capable phone with two screens, but it still aint an iPhone :D

thanks for this. seriously

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Just want to let anyone know, whoever is on the fence about choosing between the S3 and the iPhone.
Recently I bought the S3 i switched from the iPhone 4s to it and at first i was really happy, i was excited about 4G capabilities (even tho sprint dosent have it yet..lol) and i was excited about customization ....and im sure there were other things i was happy about, Within ONE day i missed Siri. I literally missed every way the iPhone worked, and then what do you know two days later my S3 starts freezing, lagging, and im getting pissed because i had 4 different fake Siri apps that sucked. Maybe you guys dont use siri or whatever but i love that feature i am always in the car on the move and it comes in handy, she always gets it right too. Now lets get to the final straw (for me) with the S3. Albeit an awesome phone, the battery SUCKS! I love how EVERYONE on the net brags about how much bigger the S3 battery is compared to the iPhone, well to me that doesn't mean anything because it literally dies in HALF the amount of time that it takes for the iPhone to die, i looked at my battery usage on the S3 and what do you know the damn Super AMOLED screen was using 56% of my battery lol. That is what really pissed me off. Im so stupid for making an impulsive decision like that and buying the S3 just because I thought it was better than the iPhone. Yes people, ON PAPER the S3 is better. It does WAY more. More memory. More customization. But, from experience, It runs no where close to as well as iOS. Im not bashing Android, this is all MY personal preference. It may be different for you. But im just trying to reach out to the people on the fence about upgrading...THE GRASS ISNT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. Even though im in an iPhone forum ill probably get bashed for saying this but before anyone says something remember that this is MY opinion because I have owned BOTH phones and IMO the iPhone is the better of the two it runs way better, and its faster at operating. The samsung has more stats, does evereything the iPhone does x3 , but if you own both phones you will notice what im talking about if you are into iPhones, cause no matter what, it could be 10G capable phone with two screens, but it still aint an iPhone :D

That's why it is best to keep the device you have unless you have significant issues with it. You gave up a reliable phone that you were comfortable with to try a new device that brought oohing but problems. Don't move unless you have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
UPDATE

Leo Laporte had it right on his Sunday show.

In the OS war between Windows vs. Apple, Windows was the stale OS and Apple was the cool thing. That role has changed. Apple is now in Windows seat and Android is in Apple's seat.

There is absolutely no reason that Android should not have a better system. The problem is that the OS is on too many different types of products but as a developer, we like that those "other products" are still using the same OS so that we only have to focus our resources on Apple and Android.

Of course no one knows, but as of now, what does iPhone 5 have going for it that we will not see in the GS3 or other phones? Maps? A Siri that works 60% of the time instead of one that works 50%? iCloud has been a disappointment but I'll continue using it since I have an established calendar and email account.

It boils down to ecosystem. You asked what iphone has going for it? Itunes. Shared apps with ipad. Apple tv. And more sharing with Macs with mountain lion. My itunes library is over a terabyte and growing. Hundreds of dollars already invested in apps. At the very least, google and MS are both helping by making apps for iOS. The reverse isn't true. You won't find Apple making its services available for other mobile OS's.

What's MS got going with windows phones? Ecosystem. Look at Office 2013. It's got its hooks into skydrive. It defaults to saving docs there. All windows devices are aiming towards this.

If you're into android, what's the major draw? Google. The Nexus 7 tells you a lot. Google wants you in their world using google play or whatever it's called.

I don't worry about which phone has a bigger screen or what OS allows you to customize a home screen. It's more about which ecosystem i'm using. Right now, it's a mixed one for me. Windows for desktop along with office, apple for mobile. This is probably why android doesn't appeal to me. I use gmail but that's about it. I'm not going to switch to something because of email.

For me, the war is more about mac vs windows 8. If i go mac later, i'll be further in with apple. If i stay with windows, i'll remain mixed, but keeping an eye on windows mobile. I don't think a google device really enters the pic for me. Google already accommodates its competition.

Reactions: GPAbsinthe

dmoney17

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

For others that are on the fence, I had the iPhone 4S and switched to the S3 and I can say that I haven't had one single problem whatsoever. I won't get into Android vs. iOS, but as far as a reliable phone I'm very happy with the S3. I have had no lag at all and everything works how it should. As far as battery life, it has been absolutely great. I'm on my phone a lot and I easily get a days use out of the battery. Now just like the user stated his opinion above based on his experience, I definitely think the S3 is better than the iPhone based on my experience. But that's my opinion!!!

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
For others that are on the fence, I had the iPhone 4S and switched to the S3 and I can say that I haven't had one single problem whatsoever. I won't get into Android vs. iOS, but as far as a reliable phone I'm very happy with the S3. I have had no lag at all and everything works how it should. As far as battery life, it has been absolutely great. I'm on my phone a lot and I easily get a days use out of the battery. Now just like the user stated his opinion above based on his experience, I definitely think the S3 is better than the iPhone based on my experience. But that's my opinion!!!

Exactly, it all comes down to preference. I'm not hating on the S3 at all. My mom has the S3 , its funny she is all into smartphones and tablets, so her and i are always joking around about which is
better.

That's why it is best to keep the device you have unless you have significant issues with it. You gave up a reliable phone that you were comfortable with to try a new device that brought oohing but problems. Don't move unless you have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ya and ur right, i made an impulsive decision and it was stupid. thank god i managedc to get a brand new iPhone yesterday i just so happened to meet someone who wanted to buy my mint condition S3 and i bought the 4S immediately after lol

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Since when did sales numbers do anything for the consumer? Do you walk around with your iPhone and point out to Android users that more people bought a phone just like yours??

McDonald's sells a lot of food, does that mean they have the best food out there?

Do you only shop at Wal-Mart?

I could care less what the latest trends are, I buy what's best for me, and right now in the smartphone world, it isn't the iPhone, unless Apple brings out something revolutionary in the Fall, I'll be buying something that has Android 4.1. You guys can brag about the sales numbers, I'll be using a device with a superior, faster, and far more efficient user experience.. I want that to be a product from Apple, really really badly, but it seems Apple is only concerned with selling a device that appeals to the dumb masses, it's been 5 years now, I think even the simpletons out there have figured out how to use their iPhones. I believe smartphones should always be getting smarter, they should push the envelope, not stagnate and rely on past success and innovation. I see this ethic in the competition, it seems like everybody else is trying to kill the iPhone, I've yet to see any evidence of what Steve Jobs once said..

Wo-ho! are you trying to convince me, or just yourself? It was a simple reply about GSIII beating the iPhone 4s sales, which Android users certainly do brag about these days, and which is certainly not true when we compare launch to launch. Please... read the whole thread before deciding I was pointing those facts just to show how the apple tastes good, and how the ice cream sandwich is junk food... Truth is, should the GSIII sell about 40 millions units tomorrow morning, you'd still see me with my "totally outdated" iPhone 4, not caring. I'm really happy that you're enthralled with getting a bigger screen, a front camera that reads your face, and a camera that can take 8 pictures at a time and pick out the best. What I do not see, however, is how that distinguishes you from the dumb masses. What you failed to see in my post is : 6.5 millions GSIII units ESTIMATE in a month are still pretty rocking sales! The point was merely to compare the two devices the right way in that aspect. If anything, it shows that Samsung (who releases like 4 high-end handset a year and manages to sell millions out of each of them in the first month), if still far away from the sales Apple can get out of only one device, are invading the future market by constantly improving and updating their devices, thus making that "future" market alive and available now. Who said it was a good move, in these times, to rely on only one release to retain the attention of consumers? I've still to see who'll really win the war (and if it was sales that dictated the war, Apple would have lost; but I think it's not), and I'm not ready to say Apple will... Yet that changes nothing to the fact that I'm not about to trade my iPhone neither, should it make me a dumb sheep in the crowd. (And if THAT is the heart of the war, well it is raging, my friend). Which crowd per head has more Samsung's Android devices than iPhones... by the way.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
It boils down to ecosystem. You asked what iphone has going for it? Itunes. Shared apps with ipad. Apple tv. And more sharing with Macs with mountain lion. My itunes library is over a terabyte and growing. Hundreds of dollars already invested in apps. At the very least, google and MS are both helping by making apps for iOS. The reverse isn't true. You won't find Apple making its services available for other mobile OS's.

What's MS got going with windows phones? Ecosystem. Look at Office 2013. It's got its hooks into skydrive. It defaults to saving docs there. All windows devices are aiming towards this.

If you're into android, what's the major draw? Google. The Nexus 7 tells you a lot. Google wants you in their world using google play or whatever it's called.

I don't worry about which phone has a bigger screen or what OS allows you to customize a home screen. It's more about which ecosystem i'm using. Right now, it's a mixed one for me. Windows for desktop along with office, apple for mobile. This is probably why android doesn't appeal to me. I use gmail but that's about it. I'm not going to switch to something because of email.

For me, the war is more about mac vs windows 8. If i go mac later, i'll be further in with apple. If i stay with windows, i'll remain mixed, but keeping an eye on windows mobile. I don't think a google device really enters the pic for me. Google already accommodates its competition.

Brilliant!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So like so many foolish souls before me, I didn't read anything in this thread, so my comment has nothing to do with anything going on currently...
That being said, a few days ago I took apart a galaxy nexus, and the simplicity in which the tear down was completed made me literally fall in love with the phone!!
We all know that it's a Bigger screen, and the super amoled display it's dual core, it's got the LTE 4g speed, also or has easy access to the battery and expandable, removable memory, also it's SUPER lightweight .... And that's only the nexus, not the galaxy s3
That being said, I'm pretty sure I'm going to stick with iPhones simply because of Ios. Google really needs to get their os together!!! It's to fragmented across too many phones!
But handset wise, I think apple is playing catch up...

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
3cit is right google should get 1 OS to all its phones if possible. I think I would have kept the GS3 if the screen was about 4'.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
3cit is right google should get 1 OS to all its phones if possible. I think I would have kept the GS3 if the screen was about 4'.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

I would have as well, but when I tried the GS3 out in the store it was to big and not very comfortable to use and hold one handed as I am able to do with my 4S. Even the Galaxy Nexus is too big for me to do things with one handed.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So like so many foolish souls before me, I didn't read anything in this thread, so my comment has nothing to do with anything going on currently...
That being said, a few days ago I took apart a galaxy nexus, and the simplicity in which the tear down was completed made me literally fall in love with the phone!!
We all know that it's a Bigger screen, and the super amoled display it's dual core, it's got the LTE 4g speed, also or has easy access to the battery and expandable, removable memory, also it's SUPER lightweight .... And that's only the nexus, not the galaxy s3
Both the GSM and CDMA Nexus do not have removable memory. Verizon's Nexus has 32GB internal memory (actual formatted capacity is less) and the GSM version is limited to 16GB of internal memory. Not having external memory storage is one of the drawbacks of the Galaxy Nexus for those who need extra memory.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Both the GSM and CDMA Nexus do not have removable memory. Verizon's Nexus has 32GB internal memory (actual formatted capacity is less) and the GSM version is limited to 16GB of internal memory. Not having external memory storage is one of the drawbacks of the Galaxy Nexus for those who need extra memory.

Really? I just assumed all droids had expandable memory... My bad

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
I have one already I also have a one x a note and a galaxy nexus but the iPhone will remain my main driver. Invested to much money and time for one thing. I'm comfortable with the OS for two.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a GS3 right now, switched over from my iPhone 4 for now. The first thing I have to get used to, is the size difference. I originally switched from the SG1 to the iPhone 4. I really liked the experience for both phones, no question. Both had the apps I wanted, games I wanted, and reliability I needed. The iPhone was a few features less than the SG1, but it was easy to cope with and learn more about what iOS has for me.

Come a day ago... I bought a SG3. The size is the first downer for me. Don't get me wrong. It feels good, and it's extremely light. The screen looks freakin' amazing. It's been off the charger since 6am today, and I've had a couple hours of calls, pandora via 3g for about 30 mins, and on wifi for almost an hour. I've had had a few texts come through and sent. Otherwise, it's been sitting around. Battery life is a 74%.

I've not used apps and games on an Android in a little over a year now I think. I loved the apps and games I've bought for the iPhone. No doubt about it. I've probably only spent about $20 since getting the phone on apps and games, and it's well worth it for me.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I am definitely keeping the SG3 for 10 days to try it out and see if it fits right. If it doesn't, I'll return it and continue with the Iphone 4, and wait to see what they release in the fall.

rexxman

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Too late

I like playing with android but hard to use as a daily driver. That said it all depends on what Verizon does with upgrades as I want to keep my unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last day to upgrade and keep unlimited data was June 27th. Big reason why I jumped on that date to the best smartphone available on VZW, the GS3. Thanks VZW for forcing my hand. There's a new sheriff in town, the GS3. I've been deputized.

coolqf

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have had the sg1 and the sg2, as well as the galaxy nexus. I love android and I think the OS is great. For me, the OS is better than the iOS, but it's not just the OS that I consider when buying the phone. The fragmentation really devalues the phone and if you don't have a nexus phone. the half life of the OS is officially very short. The 3GS is still getting the iOS 6, but the galaxy 1 isn't event getting android 4.0. It's stuck at 2.3.... The official life of android OS is about 18months, but iOS is closer to 3yrs. If you root the phone, sure you can install newer OSes, but these are betas. I still have the galaxy Nexus and after the update some apps were buggy. Yes this is normal, but with apple you get a more consistently quality than with android, and while android at time surpasses apple, it does so for only a few months.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had the sg1 and the sg2, as well as the galaxy nexus. I love android and I think the OS is great. For me, the OS is better than the iOS, but it's not just the OS that I consider when buying the phone. The fragmentation really devalues the phone and if you don't have a nexus phone. the half life of the OS is officially very short. The 3GS is still getting the iOS 6, but the galaxy 1 isn't event getting android 4.0. It's stuck at 2.3.... The official life of android OS is about 18months, but iOS is closer to 3yrs. If you root the phone, sure you can install newer OSes, but these are betas. I still have the galaxy Nexus and after the update some apps were buggy. Yes this is normal, but with apple you get a more consistently quality than with android, and while android at time surpasses apple, it does so for only a few months.

VERY well put.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox