How many people would get the Samsung GS3 if the next iPhone doesn't come out soon

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Blah blah.... Would I get it? Maybe .... Gotta see and hold the new iPhone 📲 first..... 50% chance I would choose the Sammy over the Apple. 🚗 rolling later....

dajark

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I defected before for about 3 days. I went to the s2. It just didn't like how it felt in my hands. The phone itself was quite impressive. Hard to say without having the two side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
It's not about time, it's about how good each phone is. The S3 looks great and I feel like the iPhone 5 has to really step it up.

BUT the one huge advantage that Apple has are apps. No matter how big and sexy the S3 is, Android still can't match the number and variety of apps.

I'm still running the iPhone 4- got the white one when it first came out. But I feel like I can sit back and wait. I'm very happy with my white iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
BUT the one huge advantage that Apple has are apps. No matter how big and sexy the S3 is, Android still can't match the number and variety of apps.

The important thing to keep in mind with the apps is that, quantity doesn't equal quality. Yeah, iOS does have more apps, but they are not all quality apps. I think the App comparison may have been a good argument at one time, however, today there are more than enough apps in the Android Market place for people to find what they need. :)

Reactions: Premium1

SteveyAsp

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have both the SGS3 and the 4S, I have always hated Android but the phone geek in me means I've had 4 or 5 different handsets and none have asked myself could I leave iOS for Android until now.
I think I'll probably always have both but the Galaxy 3 really is a bit of a game changer IMO

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
The important thing to keep in mind with the apps is that, quantity doesn't equal quality. Yeah, iOS does have more apps, but they are not all quality apps. I think the App comparison may have been a good argument at one time, however, today there are more than enough apps in the Android Market place for people to find what they need. :)

True, but switching back and forth from the iPhone, to a droid, back to a iPhone and going from an iPad to a galaxy tab, iOS still has the advantage. That margin has narrowed but it still is a significant difference. Both platforms have their fair share of lousy apps, equally I'd say.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You see, I'm not loyal to Apple or Android and I don't have a problem dropping one for the other if the design and features suit my taste at that particular time. At the moment, I'm content with the Apple products I have.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You see, I'm not loyal to Apple or Android and I don't have a problem dropping one for the other if the design and features suit my taste at that particular time. At the moment, I'm content with the Apple products I have.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

I'm not loyal to apple by any means. As an enduser, i'm not exactly delighted being referred to as an itunes account, one click ready with credit card (that always sets the tone for their events..lol). I also know Apple looks at me and tries to figure out how to squeeze more revenue or redirect to them what i'm paying elsewhere. I don't blame them but it's pretty blatant. If only Palm would have had half that aggressiveness.

And as a techie, i know i'm not their concern, not the target. They're worried about the vast mainstream nontechie crowd who seem more impressed by looks & simplicity.

This isn't bashing Apple. I own some stock and in that regard i'm more loyal. I also view verizon or ATT in the same light. They're looking to squeeze what revenue they can. I've never once felt loyal to them though or see myself as a 'delighted' customer. It's more a necessary evil i have to choose.

That all said...Apple is still miles ahead of anyone else i'd go with for mobile needs. I hate going into carrier stores. I like getting direct updates. I like getting a phone that doesn't have carrier bloatware all over it or third party (samsung, htc sense, etc). I like itunes and being able to manage devices from my PC. Finally i like the performance, value, responsiveness, support, quality, etc of iOS devices and enjoy using them.

Sure i could get an android and have certain things that I couldn't do with iOS. But i'd be giving up way more things (or benefits) that i can only do with iOS. The costs outweigh the benefits for now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not loyal to apple by any means. As an enduser, i'm not exactly delighted being referred to as an itunes account, one click ready with credit card (that always sets the tone for their events..lol). I also know Apple looks at me and tries to figure out how to squeeze more revenue or redirect to them what i'm paying elsewhere. I don't blame them but it's pretty blatant. If only Palm would have had half that aggressiveness.

And as a techie, i know i'm not their concern, not the target. They're worried about the vast mainstream nontechie crowd who seem more impressed by looks & simplicity.

This isn't bashing Apple. I own some stock and in that regard i'm more loyal. I also view verizon or ATT in the same light. They're looking to squeeze what revenue they can. I've never once felt loyal to them though or see myself as a 'delighted' customer. It's more a necessary evil i have to choose.

That all said...Apple is still miles ahead of anyone else i'd go with for mobile needs. I hate going into carrier stores. I like getting direct updates. I like getting a phone that doesn't have carrier bloatware all over it or third party (samsung, htc sense, etc). I like itunes and being able to manage devices from my PC. Finally i like the performance, value, responsiveness, support, quality, etc of iOS devices and enjoy using them.

Sure i could get an android and have certain things that I couldn't do with iOS. But i'd be giving up way more things (or benefits) that i can only do with iOS. The costs outweigh the benefits for now.

Well stated, my friend. ;) Well stated, indeed.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm now rethinking the thought of leaving. I still think the SG3 is an awesome looking device, but I still love my 4S and think it might be wise to see what the New iPhone is like. At least this way I'll know for sure that I made the right choice.

Besides, by then the SG3 will have been outdone by the next phone that is supposed to be the iPhone killer... :D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Besides, by then the SG3 will have been outdone by the next phone that is supposed to be the iPhone killer... :D

LOL, I was reading on one site that the Samsung Note 2 is going to be out soon and be better than the GS3, maybe that is the real iPhone killer! HeHe. :D

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
To tell the truth I've been back and forth about getting the sgs3 or picking up the iPhone 5, as of now I'm leaning towards the iPhone. Almost three years of android bugs inconsistent performance and throw hp at the issue rather than fix the code pisses me off. A phone shouldn't need two gigs of ram along with a quad core processor to be quick and consistent

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
To tell the truth I've been back and forth about getting the sgs3 or picking up the iPhone 5, as of now I'm leaning towards the iPhone. Almost three years of android bugs inconsistent performance and throw hp at the issue rather than fix the code pisses me off. A phone shouldn't need two gigs of ram along with a quad core processor to be quick and consistent

I go back and forth. iOS is stable. It just works. It may be boring compared to android, but it works. I get bored with that and want the widgets and live wallpapers. Then I go Android and while it's sexy and fun, it's got issues. Then I get fed up with that and go back to iOS.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the next iPhone, the GSIII is a nice looking device but the lead time to get Jelly Bean 4.1 being at least 6-9 months (likely 9 months) its not worth it.

What I would like to see is the Android OEM's taking more control of their OS updates like Apple does and forcing the carriers to get these rolled out faster. Of course to do that they would need to start building their phones with very similar internals to simplify the drivers and testing process.

So iPad 3 on its way to me, and iPhone 5 (or 6 or new iPhone or whatever its called) in the fall.

dmoney17

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the original iPhone when it first came out, but it met an untimely demise due to water. Since then I have used BB, Windows, and Android (I would say this is my favorite platform). I currently have the iPhone 4S and it's a great device and works well. However, there are things with it that frustrate me that I was hoping would be addressed in iOS6..but it doesn't look like it will be. I know I can jailbreak to get the functionality I want...but a lot of that comes standard in Android. True, Android has been buggy in the past, but I believe that ICS has given Android more uniformity now. And Jellybean looks unreal. I most likely will be getting the SGS3 because I feel it fits "my needs" and from the looks of leaked photos the next iPhone will be stretched to 4inches (not digging that).

With that said, when most people ask me which phone to get I tell them to get an iPhone. Basically, because it's simple and easy to use (the learning curve is so easy on an iPhone). And that is what Apple is marketing and that is what they make. When the next iPhone is released I'm sure it will break records set by the previous iPhone. Being more of an Android fan, I can say that Apple makes great products and knows how to fit their consumers' needs.

In the end, both platforms offer pluses and minuses. Whatever you choose, be happy with it...but please let this whole "us vs. them" BS go!!!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Jellybean looks unreal. I most likely will be getting the SGS3 because I feel it fits "my needs" and from the looks of leaked photos the next iPhone will be stretched to 4inches (not digging that).
!

Yeah, JB does look sweet. Unfortunately, the GS3 won't see JB for 6 to 9 months. Look at the GS2 that only recently got ICS, and that device is a year old.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

dmoney17

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, JB does look sweet. Unfortunately, the GS3 won't see JB for 6 to 9 months. Look at the GS2 that only recently got ICS, and that device is a year old.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

I hear you on the horrible update times, but from what I've been reading Samsung anticipated Jellybean when building the GS3. So hopefully it won't take that long to get Jellybean. However, I'm with Verizon so it probably will. I can wait 9 months...

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The next iPhone will not be out till some time in the Fall. That said, I've been waiting for the GS3 for a long time and will most likely buy one. I've had enough of Jailbreaking my iPhone in order to get some of the features that really should be available on it right out of the box. As for Apples frivilous lawsuit games, I've had just about enough of them. While I still like Apple and will continue to use my iPad, these lawsuits of theirs that keep great smartphone devices held up overseas are getting absolutely ridiculous at this point. To me, it makes them look like they are afraid of anything that will offer any sort of competition to the iPhone. I know this statement will be looked at negatively because I am posting it on an Apple board, but it is how I feel after reading about yet another one of Apples lawsuits and one that now involves a smartphone that I have been waiting to be released here for a what seems like forever. [URL=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/2c.gif]Click to view quoted image
[/url]

I'm in the exact same boat as you when it comes to my disdain for Apple's business practices. I've already sold my iPhone 4 and am in the process of selling my MacBook Pro. I refuse to give Apple another dollar of my money. I will soon have a Galaxy S III, Nexus 7, and will try to hold off until the Windows 8 Ultrabooks are released later this year (we have 2 other computers I can use in the meantime). That will leave me with only an iPod Shuffle for gym use but I will not purchase any music through iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods