Apple maps??

bailman

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
So since apple is developing their own maps, do you guys think they will have a built in navigation as well...like Google maps?? I'm hoping so,I am leaving Android for the new iPhone and I'm really hoping they well have a comparable built in navigation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
If Apple doesn't add turn by turn, it will be a big dud, there are big expectations from them this year, especially now that iOS is so behind in this area.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't care less if there's turn by turn in the new maps, because I have an app for that that's better than anything Google has ever done on android, or I could always use my Garmin Nuvi that is better than Google too. :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Apple doesn't add turn by turn, it will be a big dud, there are big expectations from them this year, especially now that iOS is so behind in this area.

I agree. If Apple doesn't provide turn-by-turn voice guided navigation with their new mapping system, it would be a dud, in my opinion, however, I also agree with Keith that if they do not provide it, I wouldn't be affected because I have an app for that as well as a dedicated GPS device in my vehicle.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't care less if there's turn by turn in the new maps, because I have an app for that that's better than anything Google has ever done on android, or I could always use my Garmin Nuvi that is better than Google too. :D

I agree there's better third party apps, it's just that having turn by turn built into the OS would be ideal, imagine you are driving and you can just tell Siri to take you somewhere and it just starts telling you where to go!:cool::eek:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree. If Apple doesn't provide turn-by-turn voice guided navigation with their new mapping system, it would be a dud, in my opinion, however, I also agree with Keith that if they do not provide it, I wouldn't be affected because I have an app for that as well as a dedicated GPS device in my vehicle.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Yea I just want it built in for other reasons like Siri GPS commands, and the ability for apps to tie into it..

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah but having it built in is much easier.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple just needs to buy Nokia and be done with it. They'd get map-maker Navteq in the deal, and they'd be set for whatever they wanted to do for maps and turn-by-turn. :D

iSpi7Fire

May 7, 2012
Visit site
But there's an app for that! It's called Waze Social & GPS (or something around that name), that's free and offers turn by turn navigation. I'm really disappointed you didn't notice it till now. :(

Also, been using it for a month now and I came to the conclusion that it's the best navigation app in the whole AppStore (although it doesn't have offline maps, but it packs a great map cache!)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I kept hearing everyone braggin' on Waze... Tried it. Sucked for me. Concluded if Waze was the only Personal Nav App you've ever used - it might be awesome... but for anyone that's ever used a Garmin, TomTom, etc. - Waze is simply not gonna cut it.