Will Apple announce the new iPhone at WWDC '12 ?

When will Apple announce AND release the next iPhone?

• They will announce it in June and release it within 2-3 weeks.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • They will announce it in June and release it this fall

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • They will announce AND release it this fall.

Votes: 37 72.5%

• Total voters

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Lol iOS 6 beta common on now iPhone beta? If not shortly. If apple was to unveil the iPhone this month, iOS 6 beta s would have been pushed by now. Going by last year, wwdc will introduce ios6 and released as beta to developers.

Last edited:

ctc799

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
As much as I'd love it sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure we'll be stuck until later this year. Probably a bit closer than October, but not June or July.

I feel like they should at least hint some new resolution support for developers or something though.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
As much as I'd love it sooner rather than later, I'm pretty sure we'll be stuck until later this year. Probably a bit closer than October, but not June or July.

I feel like they should at least hint some new resolution support for developers or something though.

Oh I'm sure it will be more than a hint, if it's a new resolution developers will have to prepare their apps right? Let's hope we get the final answer next week.

fresh618

May 31, 2012
Visit site
wasnt it reported that production of the iphone would begin in june.. no way is coming out june/july.. let alone announced, but i do want it released asap tho august/sep

Last edited:

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Outlook not so good. I'm betting on the fall. With all these part leaks we pretty much know what the new iPhone will have to a point. And I cant wait for fall :)

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm amazed that people think Apple is going to release the iPhone 5 the same time as iOS 6 with no time for beta's..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I should have wrote iOS 6 beta 1.

And people shouldn't assume the iPhone 5 will come out in October either, remember, Apple has never really had a set amount of time for beta testing. We know the situation in Japan had to delay things, and there was the whole cloud thing Apple had to get going, there is no reason Apple couldn't be ready by September as it would still give 3 months for beta testing iOS 6.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
True. But all the recent rumors point to some sort of iPhone announcement along with iOS6 .
So you dont think they will mention anything about a new phone at WWDC ?

I personally think they will announce the new phone AND release it before end of June ( June 29th )

Have not heard any rumors of iPhone hardware announcement. It won't happen on a iPhone announcement. They would shoot themselves in the foot for the next few months on sales numbers.

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Based on the price drops on some retails for the iPhone and all these leaks, it feels like they could announce it this week, I hope they do, but it probably will be like last year. Show off the new iOS, then have another event in the fall for the release of the new update alongside new hardware.

All I know is I'm itching to switch to the iPhone. The camera, display, ecosystem, and battery life are what I'm really looking forward to having with a new iPhone. I'm crossing my fingers for them to announce it this week, but I won't hold my breath.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I can definitely see it being at least announced for maybe an October release ala the 4S... every iPhone after the original EDGE version other than the 4S was announced at WWDC so why all of a sudden is there such skepticism this time around? That and the fact that every major feature about Mountain Lion has been talked about and revealed makes it even more likely IMO.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I can definitely see it being at least announced for maybe an October release ala the 4S... every iPhone after the original EDGE version other than the 4S was announced at WWDC so why all of a sudden is there such skepticism this time around? That and the fact that every major feature about Mountain Lion has been talked about and revealed makes it even more likely IMO.

Why would they announce it months before it is available? Then people would really not buy any iphones if they knew that the new iphone is right around the corner. Only way apple announces it is if they are releasing it soon which does not seem to be the case, otherwise they would have had to have them being produced long ago to somewhat meet demand.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site

If they would announce it tomorrow , they would have to release it within the next couple weeks. They simply wouldn't announce it 3-4 months prior to its release. Then again , Apple has been known to surprise us , as they know those who are gonna wait till October for the next iPhone , wouldn't buy 4/4s anyways , so really the sales of 4/4s shouldn't be affected by an announcement now and release this fall. People who buy 4/4s within the next three months are those who probably wouldn't get the next gen iPhone anyways.
We shall know by tomorrow :)

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If they would announce it tomorrow , they would have to release it within the next couple weeks. They simply wouldn't announce it 3-4 months prior to its release. Then again , Apple has been known to surprise us , as they know those who are gonna wait till October for the next iPhone , wouldn't buy 4/4s anyways , so really the sales of 4/4s shouldn't be affected by an announcement now and release this fall. People who buy 4/4s within the next three months are those who probably wouldn't get the next gen iPhone anyways.
We shall know by tomorrow :)

If I remember the 3GS was announced at WWDC and release in the second week of July... That's a decent chunk of time to get some phones out, especially if they've been working for the past couple weeks. I know that isn't how the past two releases have gone but at least it wouldn't be a precedent. Also the fact that we've seen supposedly real parts makes me feel they're being produced at this time. I do agree with you that an announcement tomorrow wouldn't really affect 4S sales. I don't know... Just trying to think of any possible scenario. We'll all see tomorrow!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Why would they announce it months before it is available? Then people would really not buy any iphones if they knew that the new iphone is right around the corner. Only way apple announces it is if they are releasing it soon which does not seem to be the case, otherwise they would have had to have them being produced long ago to somewhat meet demand.

I think people know the next iphone is around the corner.

But anyways, Palm (and HP) showed why you don't announce products 6 months in advance (or in the coming months). People lose interest in the new product. Apple wants to hype the new iphone and then deliver on that hype quickly.

In the past Apple had a software event followed by a hardware event in which the hardware is released in a few weeks. With the new ipad, preorders followed the announcement. I will say though that iOS 6 wouldn't seem to need a beta stretching to Oct. Also there's the mini ipad monkey wrench. You'd think they'd want to find a time to release and talk about that by itself such as Oct/Nov along with iOS 6.1.

So i'm guessing a month or two for the beta. Iphone 5 event in august maybe. Let's not forget that launch day iphone 4 buyers are at 2 years this month. My sister, for example, is out of contract this month and her extended apple care expires. It's safe to say she's getting antsy for a new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox