Will Apple announce the new iPhone at WWDC '12 ?

When will Apple announce AND release the next iPhone?

• They will announce it in June and release it within 2-3 weeks.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • They will announce it in June and release it this fall

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • They will announce AND release it this fall.

Votes: 37 72.5%

• Total voters

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
OK friends, lets see here. we are ten days away from Apple announcing some new exciting products to make us all happy. We all think iOS6 is one of them, along with the new TV . But the main thing we all have been waiting for is the new iPhone/iphone 5/whateverTheyDecideToCall it.....

Now while Rene along with many other experts think that the next iPhone wont be released till this fall, I personally think that IF Apple were to announce it on June 11th, then it would come out within couple weeks after announcement and if theyre gonna wait till September/October to release it, they would simply not mention it at all in June and will have announce it during their fall event.

Discuss! ;)

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope. A new phone announced today means no phone sales for the next 4 months. Marketing stupidity is not something Apple is guilty of

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Nope. A new phone announced today means no phone sales for the next 4 months. Marketing stupidity is not something Apple is guilty of

True. But all the recent rumors point to some sort of iPhone announcement along with iOS6 .
So you dont think they will mention anything about a new phone at WWDC ?

I personally think they will announce the new phone AND release it before end of June ( June 29th )

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
We all know that it's coming... but, IMHO, not until fall. Apple will announce it and release it in the fall. I don't see any announcement about the next iPhone at WWDC.

As others have said, it would kill the sales of the current model... very similar to what's happening with the MacBooks right now... people aren't buying the current crop because the new ones are on the way ... and Apple hasn't even announced them yet.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any reason for Apple to release it any sooner than the typical 1 year update cycle. IF Apple says anything about the next phone it would likely be something for developers regarding resolution changes and that would more likely be in the developer kit say 30 days prior to launch and have a nice NDA to go with it.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
A buddy of mine works at Foxconn in Shenzen. Let's just say save your money till fall based on my source.

cguilbeau

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My money is still on a fall release. However it seems that we are further along in the rumor mill than we were at this time last year. Maybe it's just my perception or that I'm paying more attention this year than last. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see something revealed at WWDC but my money is still on the fall.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Based on my sources. I think we'll be seeing iOS6 and some internal updates with the MacBook line such as retina display and Ivy Bridge processors. And i heard the new iPhone will be revealed but starts shipping in October.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
True. But all the recent rumors point to some sort of iPhone announcement along with iOS6 .
So you dont think they will mention anything about a new phone at WWDC ?

I personally think they will announce the new phone AND release it before end of June ( June 29th )

I'm not sure where you're getting your rumors but I haven't seen any that say anything other than the iPhone will be available this fall.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No, apple announcement will be in October for the iPhone 6. This will be about mountain lion, the new MacBook pro and iMac.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Based on my sources. I think we'll be seeing iOS6 and some internal updates with the MacBook line such as retina display and Ivy Bridge processors. And i heard the new iPhone will be revealed but starts shipping in October.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I can't see apple announcing the new iphone months ahead. It just isn't like apple to announce something and not release it relatively quick after the announcement. I think they will show IOS6 but no iphone.

dfine1966

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
A little twist to possibly the NEW iPhone being released sooner than the fall. In today's Target flyer, they have the iPhone 4S on sale for $149. I thought they don't cut prices until a new iPhone is or is about to be released. I still believe it will be released in October, but you never know.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't see apple announcing the new iphone months ahead. It just isn't like apple to announce something and not release it relatively quick after the announcement. I think they will show IOS6 but no iphone.

I agree with you here, redraider. I think Apple will show iOS 6 but not the new iPhone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
A little twist to possibly the NEW iPhone being released sooner than the fall. In today's Target flyer, they have the iPhone 4S on sale for $149. I thought they don't cut prices until a new iPhone is or is about to be released. I still believe it will be released in October, but you never know.

I remember hearing about that awhile back and it seems it is only target and not everywhere so most likely means nothing sadly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh