A6 processor

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
thinking the iPhone 5 or 6 or whatever is called will debut with the next processor, I think the iPad didn't have it because of development time. I'm figuring after the transition to quad core this time the only real upgrade well see in processors is the reduction of their size and efficiency ratings which would make since because the iPad can benefit next year since it has no real competition in the tablet arena as of now. With the iPad they could afford the risk but with the iphones current form factor will be what 26 months old by the time the next generation debuts, Apple would have had sufficient time to wow us again I'm also thinking they might double the current phones resolution. Hey it's not like they don't have the money to r&d the screens they have had the time and who really saw the first retina display coming if anyone could pull it off it's Apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
see I'm thinking iOS 6 wont support the 3GS any longer so all the iPhones out there will be of retina quality so changing the resolution might not be as big a problem as we are speculation hell they may not support the iPhone 4 as well this would give them a rare opportunity to unify the iOS operating system when the next iPad dawns next year one processor for both iPhone and iPad only retina resolution.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody help me understand the concept of dual- and quad-core processors on cell phones? I understand that the processors are faster and can handle more work, but really? On a mobile phone? I personally don't see the need and would rather have that extra battery power required to drive such a processor saved as reserve for longer usage of a single-core processor-based phone.

I don't need quad-core processors to talk, text, surf the web or use twitter. If I want to play intensive games, that's what my computer is for.

Just one man's opinion.

Reactions: DaPhoneking

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Can somebody help me understand the concept of dual- and quad-core processors on cell phones? I understand that the processors are faster and can handle more work, but really? On a mobile phone? I personally don't see the need and would rather have that extra battery power required to drive such a processor saved as reserve for longer usage of a single-core processor-based phone.

I don't need quad-core processors to talk, text, surf the web or use twitter. If I want to play intensive games, that's what my computer is for.

Just one man's opinion.

Apple seems to agree. Hence why the new iPad retained the dual core CPU and went quad core GPU for graphics when it needs that extra power. Dual core chips will allow for widgets and things like Siri to run well while the other core is doing the rest of normal phone operations.

Dual core, yes. Quad core, if your phone just needs raw power to run because if has no optimization for it's hardware.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't see the need and would rather have that extra battery power required to drive such a processor saved as reserve for longer usage of a single-core processor-based phone.

Just one man's opinion.

i completely agree with this. i think it is more like a pissing match between these companies

i am fine with the speeds we're at now, just give me more battery life/performance

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple seems to agree. Hence why the new iPad retained the dual core CPU and went quad core GPU for graphics when it needs that extra power. Dual core chips will allow for widgets and things like Siri to run well while the other core is doing the rest of normal phone operations.

Dual core, yes. Quad core, if your phone just needs raw power to run because if has no optimization for it's hardware.

Ok... forgot about Siri... but I don't use it that much... I guess I can see legitimate uses for dual-core processors... but not much more... I'd rather have longer lasting battery power.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yes I would agree with all of you but in reality a quad core processor if done right can also use much less power than any comparable dual core processor ever could. A quad core to fit would have to be made on a smaller die which in itself makes it less of a battery hog and by doubling the amount of cores and ram shortens the time it must work all leading to improved battery life

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative