I won't buy a new iPhone if it doesn't have...

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
A larger screen will get me to upgrade early. Otherwise I'll wait for the next one when my contract is up.

Ben0rr10

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
A larger screen, lte with slightly longer battery life than what the 4s has. Its just seems ideal. Also notification icon next to clock and im sold.

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yes a notification light would be ideal and a 4 inch screen would be the icing on the cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cooknn

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to get on the iPhone bandwagon, but I've been a Mac user since '03. Go figure. I am very excited though, about the next iteration. I think this is a great place for me to get my news, as it seems like Rene doesn't get caught up in all the hype so as not to get everyone's hopes up only to be shot down when it's actually released. If there's one thing I've learned with Apple after my years as a customer is that you need to keep your expectations low and be pleased if they are exceeded.

That being said... :eek:

? I hope it has a bigger screen. 4" would be fine. Bigger than that would be better, IMHO.
? A bigger battery would be nice too. I suppose 2000 mAh is a dream, so I'll hope for anything more than what is currently in the 4s.
? Also would be sweet if somehow they could be the first to get Quad-Core and LTE together in a phone. I suspect that we'll probably only see the A5X Dual-Core.
? Coming from the Palm pre I miss how the ex-Apple engineers integrated live tiles (cards) into the OS for multitasking. I hope Apple surprises at WWDC.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed - a 4.0-4.2" screen would be the bee's knees. Everything else on the iphone 4S is great. Speed is something I actually like on it. My Nexus has some lag that just ends up driving me nuts. Apple definitely has the human interface down like nobody's business.

Would be nice to have quicker access to toggles (Wifi, bluetooth), etc. A refresh to the UI would be nice too. The looks, while greatly updated over all the udpates, is still 5 years old. Time for a change.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I wont upgrade until there is a life proof case for it. Since putting on a life proof case OMG. its sad. but i listen to music in the shower. If i choose to i can watching my slingbox, so conan in the shower. ya buddy. So no upgrades til a new lifeproof case for me

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
An OS that shows significant increase in speed. My phone is slow like molasses.

Your turn..

Do you have the 3GS? IMO my iPhone 4 is performing exactly the same as it did when I first got it. At this point in it's life my iPhone 3G was getting difficult to use. But I don't think my iPhone 4 is slow at all; far from it. It's still a pleasure to use.

I won't buy the next iPhone unless it has a 4" screen and only a 4" screen. The Lumia has spoiled me on the big screen; but I do think it is too large.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like to see true 4G LTE, a more durable design, a better battery, an improved display, and an updated Notifications Center(this is more of an iOS 6 thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there). Screen size is really irrelevant for me: the 3.5 is nice since I can easily use my 4 with one hand. However, a slightly larger screen would be nice for movies, general browsing, and games.

Last edited:

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what they can do to make me want to upgrade at this point.

I don't want a different format
I don't want a different screen size
I don't want a different plug size
I don't need a different camera
I can't use LTE in Albany Oregon anytime in the next few years and I am not traveling as much. I have LTE on my iPad.
I don't need more space
I don't need a faster processor

Thing I do want hopefully is in the iOS and 4S should be good for the big upgrade.

What else could there be?

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
All I know is since the specs caught up to its competition it's actually an option for me I'm actually exited about the iPhone 5 and am considering it. I'm sure it won't come before my unlimited data contract gets axed tho.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I p,an on buying the next iPhone regardless of the features. The iPhone is a killer investment. Even if it isn't a big update, which I doubt, when you go to sell you'll either get your initial investment back or more. With that being the case, it doesn't make sense it to upgrade if you have the ability. With that being said, I'd still like to see the following:

• More RAM
• A5X or newer processor
• Bigger screen
• LTE
• NFC
• Metal Back (like maybe brushed aluminum or something nice)

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I only bought an iPhone because my wife bought one. Since I'm in IT, she comes to me if something goes wrong so I needed to know the phone. I'll be jumping ship to the Android when a phone I like comes out, like the Samsung Note but it has to be in CDMA.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I p,an on buying the next iPhone regardless of the features. The iPhone is a killer investment. Even if it isn't a big update, which I doubt, when you go to sell you'll either get your initial investment back or more. With that being the case, it doesn't make sense it to upgrade if you have the ability. With that being said, I'd still like to see the following:

? More RAM
? A5X or newer processor
? Bigger screen
? LTE
? NFC
? Metal Back (like maybe brushed aluminum or something nice)

iPhone an investment ?

Get real now, come on! no phone is an INVESTMENT. You dont realize that even when you sell it and get the same or more than what you paid for it, you're not including the amount you have paid during the term of your contract to your provider as part of your 2 year agreement.