What are you going to do with your current iPhone ?

What do you do with old iPhone ?

• Sell on eBay, Craiglist

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Sell to companies like Gazelle, NextWorth, eBay Instant

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Give to family/friends/charity

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Just leave it

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It will depend on the look and specs of the new one. If it's a worthy upgrade, in my view, then I will probably buy it outright and give my 4S to my son who is also on the Verizon network. On the other hand, if it is not what I consider a worthy upgrade, I'll continue to use my 4S.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I sell my old one every year. Example, this past year I sold my iPhone 4 32GB for $425. I then bought a 4S 64GB for $399 + tax. Was $432 OTD shipped. I basically paid $7 for the 4S and to increase it to 64GB.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
As with all my phones, I keep them. I even save the original box and wrapping paper. :D However since I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon for the iPhone 4 and unlimited data, we'll have to see how that goes. :rolleyes:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as Garz I sell the old one to buy the new one outright and only end up paying a minimal out of my own pocket.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll keep it. Most likely, my husband will start using it and the 3GS he's using now will go back in it's original box to join my iPhone 2G, 3G, and 4.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It will depend on the look and specs of the new one. If it's a worthy upgrade, in my view, then I will probably buy it outright and give my 4S to my son who is also on the Verizon network. On the other hand, if it is not what I consider a worthy upgrade, I'll continue to use my 4S.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Same here just minus the giving it to someone I would most likely sell it if the new iphone is worth the upgrade.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I usually keep the my previous phone as a backup although this time around I sold it on CL. I'm not sure yet what I will do with my 4S when I upgrade to the upcoming iPhone.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I will probably be doing nothing with my 4S. To me, it's as good as the iPhone can possibly get... For now. All I can see Apple doing this time around is going the LTE route, and since I don't even an ounce of it around my city, it's useless to me.... Again, for now.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Either give my 4S to my wife or sell it, most likely sell it but it really depends on whether or not the next iPhone is worth upgrading to. A new design and LTE is not enough for me, if they add a screen increase and perhaps 128GB now that would be sweet.

Fdmstng99

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Give it to friends or family. My 3GS finally died last week and I didn't want to use my upgrade yet so my friend gave me his old iPhone 4. Will keep it just in case someone needs it.

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh well, looks like I'm going to keep it. :-(

I'll need to test apps on iOS 5.x with older slower hardware as well as on 6.x with new hardware. So the old iPhone 4 will get frozen at iOS 5.x and deactivated. And demoted to "test unit" status. I'll get the "new iPhone" as soon as it's available, and keep updating it with iOS 6.x until next year's iPhone is released...

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Sell it to my buddy...he wants an iPhone, but doesn't want to spend that much on one...so I'll sell him my iPhone 4 cheap.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It'll be sold. Usually I sell my phone first and then take that money to go buy the replacement. However now with unlocking being an option, I am not so sure. I think I'll buy first, unlock, then get a higher price for it. Either way, it's going to be sold.