Like i've said every other time an iPhone has been released...im content with the screen size, and would much rather have a legitimate battery life increase vs. a bigger screen.
    07-10-2012 10:07 PM
    If companies never changed, and never added new features, we'd all still be using Motorola Star-Tacs, or carrying our cell phones around in briefcases.

I've used phones with 4" screens that were no bigger than an iPhone, they just didn't have the massive, wasteful bezels that the iPhone has. Just about every app can be made better/more useful with a larger screen, and I don't think anybody wants or expects Apple to come out with some ridiculously big 5" screen like some of the competition. 4" really is perfect.

Apple really needs to step it up on the hardware side this year, with iOS falling to the back of the pack, the hardware better be revolutionary. As good as Android 4.1 and the latest Galaxy 3 are, I can't even imagine what they'll be pumping out in the next 6-10 months, the iPhone 5 will have to stay competitive until Fall 2013. It's already lost it's cool factor, and most people I know don't even have a new iPhone on their radar, compared to 2-3 years ago when everybody had to have one. I think fanboys forget that the general population isn't brand loyal like them, look at how quick people dropped Blackberry, if Apple lets the iPhone stagnate, people will drop it too.
    Premium1 likes this.
    07-11-2012 03:03 AM
    Like i've said every other time an iPhone has been released...im content with the screen size, and would much rather have a legitimate battery life increase vs. a bigger screen.
    How about both?

I think it would be a mistake to launch with a battery that only matches that of the current 4/4s. They need to go big with this release.

Bigger screen, twice the battery, LTE.

*High hopes over here
    07-11-2012 02:47 PM
    How about both?

I think it would be a mistake to launch with a battery that only matches that of the current 4/4s. They need to go big with this release.

Bigger screen, twice the battery, LTE.

*High hopes over here
    Don't take my comments wrong...I'd love to have a bigger screen and a better battery and LTE and a partridge in a pear tree. My approach isn't that i do NOT want a larger screen, it's just that it's not a make or break situation because I'm happy with the phone's size as it is right now.
    07-11-2012 08:44 PM
    Apple really needs to step it up on the hardware side this year, with iOS falling to the back of the pack, the hardware better be revolutionary. As good as Android 4.1 and the latest Galaxy 3 are, I can't even imagine what they'll be pumping out in the next 6-10 months, the iPhone 5 will have to stay competitive until Fall 2013. It's already lost it's cool factor, and most people I know don't even have a new iPhone on their radar, compared to 2-3 years ago when everybody had to have one. I think fanboys forget that the general population isn't brand loyal like them, look at how quick people dropped Blackberry, if Apple lets the iPhone stagnate, people will drop it too.
    I think iOS 6 has a lot of neat features. Does it have the flash of Android? No. But to me it seems like they thought about what features to put in. Android can sometimes feel that they took the shotgun approach to features. Yes they can come up with some amazing ideas where you think, "Why didn't Apple think of this?" But that's Android- move at hyperfast speed, try all kinds of things and leave the bad ideas (mainly) and the past behind.

The iPhone is still very relevant. And still cool among the general public. I feel that among techies it's beginning to lose its luster a bit, but for everybody else, it's still hot.

It has been the king. But I will admit that this is the first year that an Android handset has a real chance at becoming an "iPhone killer". The Android fanboys have been harping that their phones are all iPhone killers. Not really. They get closer, but the S3 is the first actual competitor. If Samsung keeps this up, the S4 will really be the one to eat into iPhone sales.
    07-11-2012 11:04 PM
    If companies never changed, and never added new features, we'd all still be using Motorola Star-Tacs, or carrying our cell phones around in briefcases.

I've used phones with 4" screens that were no bigger than an iPhone, they just didn't have the massive, wasteful bezels that the iPhone has. Just about every app can be made better/more useful with a larger screen, and I don't think anybody wants or expects Apple to come out with some ridiculously big 5" screen like some of the competition. 4" really is perfect.

I didn't know a phone could loose its cool factor before it's released.
    07-23-2012 01:16 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD