Might as well call it the iPhone 4L or iPhone 4G
    Or the iPhone LG?!

Yeah, I totally don't see anybody getting sued over that name...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    03-28-2012 10:46 AM
    Or the iPhone LG?!

Yeah, I totally don't see anybody getting sued over that name...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    Or what about iPhone Universe S4?
    03-28-2012 08:08 PM
    I don't usually post, but here's something I've been thinking about in regards to the bigger screen/not retina display argument.
    Apple said that people hold their 3.5" phone about 12" away from their face and that 300 ppi is the magic number for pixels to be indistinguishable right? Then the iPad came around and it's at what? 260-something ppi? but their argument is that you're holding the iPad a further distance away because it's bigger.

Using that logic, wouldn't you hold a 4" screened phone slightly farther away than a 3.5" screened phone? So they could still get away with a ~290 ppi (or whatever the number is) by saying that most people hold it at 16" away from their face and at THAT distance, 290 is the magic number.

just a thought...bigger screen, still stays retina, everyone's happy. no?
    03-28-2012 11:45 PM
    Or what about iPhone Universe S4?
    Bahahaha!

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)
    03-29-2012 12:17 AM
    Here is something for those complaining a 4" screen would make the device huge and unusable. My co-worker has a Moto Atrix with a 4" screen.

Atrix Dimensions VS. iPhone 4/4S Dimensions
    H 117.5mm VS. H 115.2mm
    W 63.5mm VS. W 58.6mm
    D 10.95mm VS. D 9.30mm

So if Motorola can manage to get a 4" display into a phone that adds a mere 2.3mm x 4.9mm x 1.65mm then how is it Apple isn't able to do some equally impressive magic.

First thing is replace the home button which takes up way too much space at the bottom and is a point of failure and second is the charging/dock connector. Seems simple enough given Apples ability to maximize space.
    Last edited by Raptor007; 03-29-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    DaPhoneking and redbeard like this.
    03-29-2012 04:06 PM
    5 inch = iPhone XL lol
    03-30-2012 03:27 PM
    Why wait until October to release it? A 4G iPhone should already be available now... I hope they release it in June.
    03-31-2012 12:07 AM
    Why wait until October to release it? A 4G iPhone should already be available now... I hope they release it in June.
    Not happening.
    03-31-2012 12:41 AM
    What's so great about LTE?
    03-31-2012 01:51 AM
    SPEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!! ........... If available in your area lol

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e3ssj3
    03-31-2012 04:12 AM
    If most people can't get a signal with 3G everywhere, what makes them think that they'll be able to get LTE?
    03-31-2012 09:13 AM
    If most people can't get a signal with 3G everywhere, what makes them think that they'll be able to get LTE?
    LTE is rolling out fairly quickly and honestly I don't remember the last time I was somewhere where I did not get 3G let alone HSPA+.
    03-31-2012 02:04 PM
    i too guessed that the launch would be approx the fall(Oct.) sometime--that seems to be Apple's pattern the last couple of releases.

As for the screen, i'm petite so a larger screen to me is not necessary, BUT maybe just a teeny tiny bigger i wouldnt mind either. I'm not due for an upgrade till mid 2013 anyway. As for LTE, call me crazy, but i'm really not that worried if this is an option or not. If i'm not mistaken, arent the data plans for an LTE device more? (i know little about lte)

What i'm definately interested in is if the iphone 5,1 has changed its shape/form overall.
    Last edited by Pink; 03-31-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    03-31-2012 03:09 PM
    If the screen does get a bump I would expect something below 4" given Apple's focus on not conforming to the what everyone else does. The fact that there is a new article up here (and other blogs) about Apple working on a controller for iPhone/iTouch/iPad for gaming would indicate that they know the screen is too small for comfortable use when gaming. Even I don't want a 4.5-5" screen I am looking for something edge to edge better use of the available physical size not a bigger phone.
    04-02-2012 04:51 PM
    What I've noticed is that if you put a bumper on your iPhone, it makes is look and feel bigger than it really is. Plus, you keep the same screen size, so your apps are in perfect scale, and your fingers can touch the screen without issue.
    04-06-2012 06:55 AM
    What I've noticed is that if you put a bumper on your iPhone, it makes is look and feel bigger than it really is. Plus, you keep the same screen size, so your apps are in perfect scale, and your fingers can touch the screen without issue.
    I use a Speck case, my iPhone looks the same size as my friend who uses a bumper. Apps look the same with a case or a bumper, IMHO.
    04-06-2012 08:49 AM
    What's so great about LTE?
    Its 10 times faster than 3g and even more in therory. It has extremely low latency which is a key element and huge difference.

What's that mean to us? Streaming video without delay for one and a sleuth of other capabilities.
    04-07-2012 08:56 AM
    VZ's 4G network will mimic there 3G network (eventually). The last I checked there 3G service was about as far reaching as you could get. They have been aggressively rolling out 4G services, hands down faster, than even there biggest rival, ATT.

ATT is just now getting on board with LTE rollouts and soon Sprint will start there massive build. Although, Sprint is in a much worse situation (financially) than VZ or ATT who can afford to be much, much, more aggressive with there plans.
    04-07-2012 09:14 AM
    Its 10 times faster than 3g and even more in therory. It has extremely low latency which is a key element and huge difference.

What's that mean to us? Streaming video without delay for one and a sleuth of other capabilities.
    Streaming video on LTE is great, until you eat up your 2GB (or 4GB w/ double data on Verizon) in a week or so then its overageville and $10 a Gig more. Fortunately I still have unlimited data but one has to wonder how long Verizon will allow that to stay around on your contract.
    04-13-2012 08:18 AM
    Streaming video on LTE is great, until you eat up your 2GB (or 4GB w/ double data on Verizon) in a week or so then its overageville and $10 a Gig more. Fortunately I still have unlimited data but one has to wonder how long Verizon will allow that to stay around on your contract.
    Agreed. I think all the service providers will have to figure out very quickly what the appropriate data packages should be when it comes to LTE service. It's clear unlimited data is too much to offer and 2gb is too little of an offering. Hopefully, they find the sweet spot before, I have to give up my unlimited data plans.
    04-13-2012 04:41 PM
    I would like quad core.
    04-13-2012 11:53 PM
    I agree 100%. I have large hands and the 3.5" screen just doesn't cut it anymore. It drives me nuts that the general thinking seems to be "Apple has thought this out, and they know best." This statement always seems to imply that anyone who wants a bigger screen is wrong, which Apple can never be. Perhaps they don't have enough large handed individuals in their company (take that for just what it says, I'm not implying anything, there is no intended double meaning). I had a Droid X for a little while, and that screen size was perfect. The phone was terrible, but the screen size was just right for me. I've heard many people make the argument (and I think it's true) that very little iPhone usage is actually as a phone anymore. That eliminates the argument that, "People look ridiculous with those huge things held up to their face." Who cares? I wish the iPad had phone capabilities so I could just carry one iOS device around. And yes, I'm dead serious. I've got headphones I can use for calls, and it would eliminate the issues I have with small screen size. 3.5" might be the "right size" for most people, but there is a large contingent out there that could use something larger. Ultimately, it's not a deal breaker for me. I have no interest in going back to Android or moving to Blackberry, but I'd at least like to see Apple consider a change in this one area.

Just out of curiosity, how does one not get good battery life? I'd seriously like to know how much one would have to use their phone to experience bad battery life. And what is bad battery life for an iPhone 4S? Everyone I know has Android phones, and their phones are dead by mid-afternoon, and again by the end of a night. If it's a weekend, and we're going out for an evening, they'd have to charge it again before we leave. I can easily get two days on my iPhone.
    You can use line2 app to make calls from your iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone. Check it out.
    04-13-2012 11:56 PM
    My wish list for the "new iPhone":

Things I think are pretty likely:
    - Slightly increased screen size (3.9" max)
    - Same pixel geometry
    - Metal back (most likely aluminum)
    - Reduced screen bezel width on long edges
    - LTE connectivity
    - Mini dock connector

Things I think are less likely:
    - MagSafe mini dock connector
    - LiquidMetal back enclosure
    - Inductive charging
    - NFC for e-wallet purchases
    - Thinner form factor (despite LTE battery hit)

Things I think are unlikely:
    - Quad-core ARM
    04-19-2012 02:03 PM
    I don't want a larger screen size. I like the size of the iPhone. I also don't want to see a new dock connector. That would screw up all of my accessories. LTE would be expected. A quad core CPU and maybe a bump in the camera. That would make the iPhone 5 perfect for me. I am getting tired of the oversized phones. They are great for watching videos and web pages, but for everything else they are too big. If I want to view multimedia on a bigger screen I will use my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-10-2012 08:07 PM
    I don't want a larger screen size. I like the size of the iPhone. I also don't want to see a new dock connector. That would screw up all of my accessories. LTE would be expected. A quad core CPU and maybe a bump in the camera. That would make the iPhone 5 perfect for me. I am getting tired of the oversized phones. They are great for watching videos and web pages, but for everything else they are too big. If I want to view multimedia on a bigger screen I will use my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I never understood the purpose for bigger screened phones. It makes the device way too awkward to hold. I was using my friends HTC One X and held it up to my face to simulate a phone call. Instantly, my hand started to cramp up. Now if Apple could but in a bigger screen while keeping the phone the same size as the iPhone 4 / 4S, that would be PERFECT. And I'm sure everyone would agree. I just don't know how realistic that may be.
    07-10-2012 09:48 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD