But a 3.7" screen means more space for battery, which it'll need to power a slightly larger display anyways.
    I'm thinking more battery for LTE...
    03-22-2012 05:54 PM
    I'm thinking more battery for LTE...
    Actually I want LTE more than a bigger screen! Also LTE is more practical than a bigger screen, especially considering that the new iPad is LTE.
    03-22-2012 06:19 PM
    Everyone always assumes they will stick with one phone. Maybe this year we get a couple of models with different screen sizes.
    03-22-2012 07:26 PM
    Everyone always assumes they will stick with one phone. Maybe this year we get a couple of models with different screen sizes.
    Don't count on it.
    03-22-2012 07:31 PM
    I don't care one bit about 4G, give me a 4" screen, 3G is fast enough, a 4" screen would make everything you do on the phone better.

I hope Apple looks at this very carefully, and makes the change, 3.5" was perfect in 07 when there were no games, GPS, and a half million other apps and things like Facetime..
    03-23-2012 12:57 AM
    I don't care one bit about 4G, give me a 4" screen, 3G is fast enough, a 4" screen would make everything you do on the phone better.

I hope Apple looks at this very carefully, and makes the change, 3.5" was perfect in 07 when there were no games, GPS, and a half million other apps and things like Facetime..
    You might get it. Never know.
    03-23-2012 10:59 AM
    If you want a bigger screen for gaming, either get an iPad or wait until the iPad mini comes out later this summer (Ooops... another rumor going around and a strong one at that)... The size of the current phone to me is just fime. I've looked at some of the bigger screen Androids and they don't add enough to rock my world. IMHO, the current phone size is just fine...
    03-23-2012 11:58 AM
    If you want a bigger screen for gaming, either get an iPad or wait until the iPad mini comes out later this summer (Ooops... another rumor going around and a strong one at that)... The size of the current phone to me is just fime. I've looked at some of the bigger screen Androids and they don't add enough to rock my world. IMHO, the current phone size is just fine...
    That's another thing, there will be no mini iPad this summer.
    Fausty82, DaPhoneking and Eileen89 like this.
    03-23-2012 12:44 PM
    That's another thing, there will be no mini iPad this summer.
    After seeing you post this before, this is why I went ahead and got the New iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    03-23-2012 07:57 PM
    Not Apple... one new iPhone each year to rule them all. The previous versions become Apple's other "models." I'm actually surprised they have kept 3 models out there this past year with the 4S, 4 and 3GS...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-24-2012 12:25 PM
    I am hoping for A5X, 4inch screen, LTE, and also some new feature that would be cool to have like Apple always gives us.
    03-24-2012 08:31 PM
    Why would you want a device with a 4.65 inch screen yes playing games are great because of the added realestate but in every day use our sucks I've owned a galaxy nexus and my hands are anything but small that phone is just to big. After going to a galaxy s2 I must say 4 to 4.3 inch phone is about the perfect size you want something bigger get a tablet.I just hope Apple agrees on that they could make the screen that size with very little increase in size
    03-24-2012 09:48 PM
    I, too, had a Galaxy Nexus and felt that the screen was way too large, especially if you keep your phone in your front pocket. While I don't wear tight pants, I was always afraid I was going to snap my phone in half if I bent my leg the wrong way. Personally, I think a 4" screen is the sweet spot.
    03-24-2012 10:31 PM
    I feel you that size phone is noticeable even though it's thin I could always feel it I'm my pocket when bending etc. I've also dropped it a few times trying to use it with one hand both times I was trying to reach the top to pull down the notification bar. something that's never happened until then . I really don't think Apple knows how many people go to other platforms simply because they can't work with a phone that only has a 3.5 inch display I would leave Android quickly if I could get an iPhone with a 4 inch screen
    03-24-2012 11:36 PM
    A 4.6" screen is unnecessary, but a 4" would be a welcome bump in real estate give how much more we do with our iPhones compared to the 1st model. Its easy to say get an iPad but not everyone can afford or wants one so a slight bump in screen will allow them to carry on with that for say another 5 years and it will of course "be magical" (sarcasm) but they also need to increase the battery life given LTE and Siri and all of the other extra's the phone is doing these days.

I can say I don't see me getting the 6th gen iPhone if the only bump is LTE, my iP4S is adequate until they see the light.
    redbeard likes this.
    03-25-2012 11:17 AM
    I want a 9" screen on the next iPhone or I'm not buying one!!

pkcable and DaPhoneking like this.
    03-28-2012 07:37 AM
    I just saw this video about the new rumored BlackBerry

03-28-2012 01:39 PM

Click to view quoted video
    Take that over to Crackberry's forums. Lol
    03-28-2012 01:59 PM

Click to view quoted video
    I'm... Not entirely sure why you posted this. But, whatev's...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (New iPad, Tapatalk HD)
    03-28-2012 03:09 PM
    I want a 9" screen on the next iPhone or I'm not buying one!!

Click to view quoted image

Some Android phones are actually almost that big. Ever seen someone making a call on a Galaxy Note? It's comical!
    03-28-2012 03:56 PM
    Some Android phones are actually almost that big. Ever seen someone making a call on a Galaxy Note? It's comical!
    Oh my gosh, too funny, because while I was at AT&T returning my 32GB iPad I saw a guy in there who was returning the Galaxy Note. When they asked him why he was returning it, he replied " because it's too big". I guess he didn't bother to test it out in the store before he bought it, lol. I thought it was only a smaller tablet when I saw it, until I found out that it was a phone as well.
    03-28-2012 04:21 PM
    As long as we are on the subject of phones that are too large.
    I'd throw the Dell Streak in there as well.
    03-28-2012 06:43 PM
    As long as we are on the subject of phones that are too large.
    I'd throw the Dell Streak in there as well.
    Well, the least we could say about the Dell Streak is that it was marketed as a tablet with the capability of calling people.

Then again, the largest smartphone screen at the time was 3.7". Ha.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
    (iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)
    stlcheer likes this.
    03-28-2012 06:50 PM
    Agree. We'd put the over/under at 4.0", and we'd take the under, thank you very much.
    The real reason to increase screen size wouldn't be to make it bigger for big's sake.
    It would be to make better use of the existing front panel size by bringing the edges of the
    visible screen flush with the edges of the enclosure itself. (Or near flush.)
    04-09-2012 02:10 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD