I do think the future is more natural connection with our technology, in every way. Apple is taking us there. It's their notoriety. Making things easier to do, 'touch' screens, 'invisible' cloud services, and the breakthrough technology, Siri, a refined communication information technology, the first of it's kind.

This technology, Siri, could be potentially marvelous if, no, when, it becomes more technologically advanced. But anyone who's played with Siri knows that it as yet imperfect. Far from it. Of course it's in beta.

Now, how long is beta supposed to last? Months? Years?

Siri, in it's current form, you are restricted to doing certain things with it, when the very point of using it was supposed to be the ability to ask it whatever you want.

There's a very logical reason that Apple does not want Siri released to other devices. The reason is that Siri is a test. It needs the information input of it's first wave of users. iPhone 4S owners. Siri must be trained, taught and educated.

But what I really want to get to is the ethical implications.

What is it that Siri will be able to do, in what direction is Apple going with it. My frustration with Siri is the technicalities that it comes with. There's so much it doesn't know or can't or won't answer. But is it going to stay like that? Siri can read messages but not emails. She know what she's wearing today but not tommorrow. She doesn't know definitions of words.

It's the quesition that I've been losing sleep over, what is the fate of Siri?
    03-21-2012 04:08 PM
    I believe it's just the beginning. Remember Apple says Siri is technically still in beta. It can only keep being improved from here on out.
    03-23-2012 12:50 PM
    With Siri, I would like it to be more integrated with the phone, than have to rely consistently on a data connection for inquiries. Maybe install a small chipset dedicated to Siri. The reason I say this is to somehow reduce the data transmission on Apple's proxy servers to where, "it just works". I think if they could do this it will be a win-win: People won't have to use their limited data for queries, unless it had to, it would produce less strain on Apple's servers, and would be a more enjoyable experience.
    03-25-2012 06:25 PM
    I wonder how much data is used in a single interaction with Siri. It must be in the kilobytes.
    03-25-2012 09:09 PM
    I wonder how much data is used in a single interaction with Siri. It must be in the kilobytes.
    i think that depends on what your doing with Siri.
    03-29-2012 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD