IP 4S or wait?

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Waaaaaaaait!!!!!!

If your contract is up, you'd be crazy to buy the iPhone 4S right now. Sure, it's great - amazing, even - but so is your iPhone 4. If you upgrade now, you'll have the newest iPhone for a few months and then spend a year and a half with an outdated model. In fact, by the time your contract expires, you may end up being stuck with an iPhone 4S for a while AFTER the iPhone 5 is replaced by a newer model in Summer or fall 2013.

Wait for the iPhone 5.

I have the same phone as you: an iPhone 4. My contract expires any day now. I'm waiting for the iPhone 5. You should too.

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both decided to wait for the next iPhone after the i4S. We both have the i4 and love them. I am holding off for the newest iPhone and hoping it has LTE/4G and many times faster proc. and ram. The i4 is still a great phone and with a JB I have the fully working Siri on my i4 so the updated camera and dual core proc. is not a big reason to upgrade to the i4S for me. I will and my wife will also wait for the i5 or what ever they call it. They may go with "The New iPhone" like they did with the iPad. But what ever it is I am waiting for the next best thing.

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the good comments

This was more helpful than I thought it would be. Right now I think I'll sit pat and wait for the next big thing after iP4S

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I love my 4S and I desperately wanted to get away from BlackBerry, so I upgraded in October. If you have the 4, I would wait until the 5 or "new" iPhone is released. Even if they wait until October like they did with the 4S, it's "only" 7 months away.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I hope the "New" iphone has more then just LTE as the only thing LTE Will do for me is make me hit my 3g cap faster, then AT&T (you suck) will throttle my internet even though I have unlimited.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This was more helpful than I thought it would be. Right now I think I'll sit pat and wait for the next big thing after iP4S

Probably a wise decision. Since you already have the iPhone 4 you're not really missing out on much anyway and that will surely get you by till the new iPhone comes along.

thisisarevolution

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
As rough as it may sound, i've decided to sit and wait, and stay with Blackberry until the next big thing comes my way. The iPhone (5). Heaven knows i cannot wait anymore. I simply can't.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
4S or wait... I finally decided to go for it. I had a line that had an upgrade coming, so I used that to upgrade my line. When the next iPhone comes out, I'll have a line's eligibility available again... so I can get the new one.

I'm going to take my iPad1 and iPhone4 and go to RadioShack and use those to trade in towards the new iPad... by the looks of things, I can get about $200 for each according to RS' web site - just waiting for FedEx to drop the new phone, then, off to RadioShack...

esmcblurm3

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also due in a couple of weeks, but I'm coming from a VERY outdated Android device. I'm about 90% convinced to switch to the 4s now, as I don't know if I can go another 6 months with this droid.

Thoughts?

Rcshaw777

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Advantage of 4s over 5 is I would expect that 4s would be more stable as 5 is new. Just like when 4s was launched lat year there were some niggling problems. Though in my opinion is not detrimental, if you can live with it & are 90% certain, then I don't see why you should wait for 6 months.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Advantage of 4s over 5 is I would expect that 4s would be more stable as 5 is new. Just like when 4s was launched lat year there were some niggling problems. Though in my opinion is not detrimental, if you can live with it & are 90% certain, then I don't see why you should wait for 6 months.

I can't recall having any issues with my 4s at the time of purchase. It worked just as good as my 4.

Apple takes great pride in releasing quality products so, I wouldn't expect issues with the new iPhone. If there's a software glitch or two that can easily be addressed via a software update.

wamphryi

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would love to wait for the new iPhone, but if I end up having to loose my unlimited data plan going to a 4g phone....I will go with the 4s. (Verizon).
My upgrade date is a short two weeks away....and I can look to get rid of my droid x. While I like android......I am ready for a phone that just works and doesn't constantly lock/reboot/slow down.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would love to wait for the new iPhone, but if I end up having to loose my unlimited data plan going to a 4g phone....I will go with the 4s. (Verizon).
My upgrade date is a short two weeks away....and I can look to get rid of my droid x. While I like android......I am ready for a phone that just works and doesn't constantly lock/reboot/slow down.

Being free from the awfulness that is Android may be worth going for the 4s now. I dumped Android after 9 months for a full-price phone. It was such a relief to be done with Android. Even for the extra cash, I do not regret it!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm also due in a couple of weeks, but I'm coming from a VERY outdated Android device. I'm about 90% convinced to switch to the 4s now, as I don't know if I can go another 6 months with this droid.

Thoughts?

Buy a iPhone 4 on Craig's or eBay use it for 6 months then use your upgrade to get newest and sell that one to recoup some of your money someone will always want it for multiple reasons like flashing it etc for other carriers

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely you wait, I paid full price for the iPhone 4 when it hit Verizon and I have had an update since last June that I have not used due to the 4S really not adding much in terms of an upgrade, wait for the next one as it is sure to be a big improvement.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner