AT&T Upgrade question

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
My wife is due for an upgrade which we are saving for the new iPhone. Funny part is, she is just happy with her 4S so is willing to let me use it. Can I use her upgrade and get the new iPhone for my number?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Is there anything special I have to do? I usually pre-order from the Apple site and pick it up the release day. If the upgrade is tied to her number then how do I get it to mine so I can pre-order?

thanks

You'd have to call AT&T. You can see if they could transfer the upgrade. You are on the same account correct? If not I don't think it would work.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just preorder and when the phone comes home call AT&T or goto a corp store instead of activating through iTunes they should take care of it.

Via Tapatalk

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband and I do this without any problems, though you have to call AT&T and they will transfer the upgrade. Luckily when the 4S came out we both had upgrades available so we just preordered through Apple. But before the 4S, we've always had a third line that we rotate upgrades on. :)

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

lesithmaria

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
better to check the release date or else if not confident about the date just pre order the phone and there by grab it i your nearest stores....what say!!!:)

dan_es_4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
there's no need to go to anywhere if the sim is still the same.. just put your sim in the new phone and put the sim from the new phone in the phone she will use...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner