Do you want the iPhone 5 to be thinner?

PilotPhil81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was playing with my brothers iPhone 3GS the other day, and I was noticing that I liked holding it, I liked the way it felt in my hand, and It was easier to type with. I own a 4S, and I couldn't stand typing on it without a case on. Even my sisters iPod touch seemed too thin to hold and type comfortably without a case on it. My question is would you prefer the iPhone 5 be thinner, or would it be ok if it stayed the same thickness. My opinion is that it would be nice if it had a rounded back, and stayed as thick as it is now. What do you think?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The way it is now is fine with me but I wouldn't mind it getting a bit thinner. One thing I am almost positive about is it will not get thicker.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, I think the current model is thin enough. However, a larger screen would finally be nice. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I think the current model is thin enough. However, a larger screen would finally be nice. ;)

Well stated and I'm in agreement with you.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it needs to be any thinner. Maybe add a larger battery and possibly larger screen and be good to go.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think without adding both it is kind of pointless, I mean a larger battery with the current screen size when it already gets really good battery life won't be as noticeable as a larger screen and larger battery.

Perhaps a counter weight to the LTE. The front page mentioned a new small dock connector and they switched to that to make more room for internals for things like LTE and possibly a bigger battery and quad core. I did mention a few weeks back that in it's current form now, the new phone has the same size screen but that is not set in stone and can change. At least that is how it was explained to me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a counter weight to the LTE. The front page mentioned a new small dock connector and they switched to that to make more room for internals for things like LTE and possibly a bigger battery and quad core. I did mention a few weeks back that in it's current form now, the new phone has the same size screen but that is not set in stone and can change. At least that is how it was explained to me.

I can certainly see this. LTE as you already know uses a lot of battery, so increasing the battery capacity to match the new iPhones capabilities is a smart move. Although I will not be happy with the same size screen I can't say that I wouldn't still buy it. I wasn't happy when the 4S came out with the same old 3.5" screen, but yet here I sit typing away on it, lol. :)

Squeeze Play

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can certainly see this. LTE as you already know uses a lot of battery, so increasing the battery capacity to match the new iPhones capabilities is a smart move. Although I will not be happy with the same size screen I can't say that I wouldn't still buy it. I wasn't happy when the 4S came out with the same old 3.5" screen, but yet here I sit typing away on it, lol. :)

You sound a lot like me. I wasn't thrilled with the same screen size as before, but I have the upgrade compulsion..

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

You sound a lot like me. I wasn't thrilled with the same screen size as before, but I have the upgrade compulsion..

Exactly. Regardless what they put out in the future, you will buy it because it will be a great device.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of the metal back, but not a fan of the radius. Flat Black anodized AL. Most important for me, BATTERY BATTERY and MORE BATTERY.

Someone please fix YOUTUBE!!!!

:cool:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of the metal back, but not a fan of the radius. Flat Black anodized AL. Most important for me, BATTERY BATTERY and MORE BATTERY.

Someone please fix YOUTUBE!!!!

:cool:

I like the metal back also. I would be fine if they made it sort of how the ipad back is. Never was really a fan of all glass phone.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The way it is now is fine with me but I wouldn't mind it getting a bit thinner. One thing I am almost positive about is it will not get thicker.

I dunno about that one. If they add LTE in it i'm sure it will be just a smidge thicker for the LTE chip and bigger battery. However I don't think it would be that noticable like the iPad 2/iPad 3.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal