I really don't care about the thickness, I think it's really thin enough now. I'll be MUCH more concerned about the durability of the next iPhone, because the iPhone 4 is WAYYY to fragile!
    Really? I've had both the iPhone 4 and the 4S, and travel naked most of the time... CaseMate BarelyThere when it's not buck naked.. not a scratch or mark on either phones except for those weird little marks where the openings in the cases meet the phone (around buttons and connectors)... it sometimes FEELS fragile, but truly, it's not.
    03-17-2012 09:01 PM
    I like the current thickness the way it is. I had the Droid Razr and it was awkward to hold seeing as how it was so thin. If I can get a slightly larger screen, LTE, and an aluminum back, I'd be totally happy.
    03-18-2012 06:36 PM
    as long as it has LTE with great battery life, I'm happy.
    03-19-2012 07:36 AM
    I'll be happy if they go back to the curved shape like before the iPhone4.
    03-23-2012 12:48 AM
    I don't mind it will be thinner, and I also wish it will not get thicker.
    I think a nicer battery and camera would be more popular.
    03-23-2012 03:28 AM
    I'd be willing to go a little bit thicker if it means better battery life with LTE.
    03-23-2012 08:31 AM
    The iPhone is already perfect, I don't see how it could get any better. I wouldn't mind if it kept the same design for 10 years. I'm kind of hoping they don't change it.

It's not too thin, it's not too thick. It's not too big, it's not too small. It's actually perfect.
    03-23-2012 10:27 AM
    Don't need for it to be thinner... For me function always comes before form. My main concern is and will always be, what can the device do for me?
    03-23-2012 11:51 AM
    I Don't care how thin or thick it is ... I wish they would make them more durable with a better battery .... And I don't want to buy some expensive ugly big bulky case that hides my phone to make it more durable.... You drop this iPhone one time on cement and it's no good!!!

Sent from my Provari using my Trippy Tip!!!
    03-23-2012 01:06 PM
    It's not perfect, by any stretch. I believe it is the best thing out there, but not perfect.

I also agree 100% with those who would like to see a return to the 3G form factor. That thing fit so comfortably in my hand. I say bigger screen, curved back, and thicker. I have an iPhone 4 with an OtterBox Defender, and it still seems too thin and fragile for me. I constantly feel like I'm going to break it, even in the Defender.
    03-24-2012 07:44 PM
    I'm happy with it just being the same, don't need it thinner or thicker.
    04-16-2012 06:16 AM
    I have the iPhone 3GS, and I really like design and the curved back. If they can make a thinner, lighter phone and have a curved back, that would be sweet!
    05-18-2012 09:23 PM
    personally i love the thickness of the iphone the way it is right now. The thinner phones get the cheaper and more fragile they feel but lets all just be real if theres a 4 inch screen were all getting it....
    05-18-2012 10:44 PM
    As far as the curved back is concerned, I agree - I would much rather see an iPad 2 inspired design for the next iPhone.

As far as thickness is concerned - that all depends on what screen size will they go with. Basically the larger the phone gets, the thinner it will be. Worst case scenario - we get a phone with the same dimensions, with a mini-dock and an extra millimeter in thickness.
    05-19-2012 06:15 AM
    Thinner, honestly why its a pretty thin device as it is. Apple is great at using space wisely, and packing a lot into that little package. It seems to be clear the new connector is coming, and the screen is getting bigger (so its getting taller) and that will allow for them to cram in LTE chips and hopefully a much, much bigger battery like they did with the iPad.

Honestly if they had to add a little bit of thickness like the new iPad to get a bigger battery, so be it.
    06-01-2012 04:47 PM
    I'm not really a fan of thin phones. I have an Otterbox Defender on my 3GS now and it would be perfect for me if it were just a hair thinner (not much). It feels more secure in my hands when it is thicker. The naked 3GS was too thin for me. Perhaps I'm still too used to my old Palm Pre 2 (that phone was pretty thick). I've tried the newer iPhones in store and it was awkward for me to hold them and type. I'll probably get an Otterbox Defender for a later iPhone for the thickness and protection since I'm really clumsy.
    06-01-2012 05:26 PM
    I couldn't care less about it being thinner. If there is that space to play with I'd much rather have a larger battery. I'm just going to put it in an Otterbox case anyway.
    06-03-2012 08:55 AM
    Sure, not that it matters much. I just want a bigger screen, not a longer screen as the rumors have it.
    06-03-2012 10:38 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD