View Poll Results: What will it take in order for you to upgrade?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bigger display

46 42.20%
  • Quad core CPU

7 6.42%
  • Improved camera

3 2.75%
  • Other - see my post below for details!

17 15.60%
  • All of the above!

36 33.03%
    Has to be released before the Lumia 900.
    01-27-2012 09:31 AM
    Has to be released before the Lumia 900.
    Not happening. The 900 (which I am also strongly considering getting) is all but confirmed for March 18th at $99. If it had a higher resolution screen it would be my next phone. It has EVERYTHING else I want from my next phone.
    01-27-2012 11:59 PM
    Bigger screen, hopefully 4"..
    LED notification light

That's it. I'm sure it will see the usual upgrades as well, processor (A6), camera, etc.. Hopefully a gig of ram too.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    01-28-2012 12:38 AM
    It has to be a huge change for me. Getting the 4S on release date and then jus getting an iPad 2 I can't see myself getting the new iPhone.
    01-28-2012 04:25 AM
    I'll get the new iPhone. I usually need to upgrade every year. It's a bad compulsion.
    01-28-2012 10:24 AM
    An LED for notifications.
    redbeard likes this.
    01-28-2012 06:15 PM
    An LED for notifications.
    This is something a lot of people who've migrated over from BB usually are asking for. Sadly, I do not think you'll ever see it on a iOS device.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-28-2012 06:39 PM
    If it's not the screen and it's not LTE, then what would you consider "WOW! factor"? Maybe the donut maker that somebody suggested?
    My EVO 4G had a 4.3 inch display and I was in an area with great 4G speeds so if the next iPhone had a bigger screen as well as LTE, it would be okay but for me, been there done that. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D
    01-28-2012 07:12 PM
    I am an Android faithful so far but still like Apple's products. I LOVE their hardware (ESPECIALLY the Iphone 4S CAMERA!!) but not the biggest fan of their locked down software (but I'm starting to ignore that).

I currently have an Evo 3D on sprint and can upgrade anytime this year but I'm holding off to see what's new. The things that will almost CERTAINLY push me over to the Apple side of things and make me run out to get an Iphone 5 are:
    1. Sprint LTE
    2. Better or as nice of a camera as the 4S (I am a photographer and the best camera is the one I can carry wherever I go and currently, my HTC's cameras SUCK)
    3. Quad-core (or 5 cores like the Tegra 3)
    4. Bigger Screen (at least 4.3 inches)
    5. Keep it an international phone
    6. 1gb or more ram

Give me these features in a beautiful Apple designed hardware and I will be first in inline to get that phone upon it's release!!

I'm not too demanding... right?

P.S. If the phone can end war and end worldwide hunger then you can count me in for 5!!
    Last edited by abdnach; 02-22-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    02-22-2012 12:15 AM
    More than likely nothing. If a new device comes out, especially by Apple, my gadget nerd ADD will kick in no matter what and I will want it right off the bat.

All sad alleged jokes aside, I'm fine with my current 4S. The ONLY few things I would gladly welcome, but are definitely not needed, are more RAM and possibly a slightly larger screen.

LTE is absolutely not needed for me, quad core processor is not needed at all...

All in all, not much needs to be upgraded, in my opinion.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    02-22-2012 10:35 AM
    After coming over from Android, where the ridiculously bigger screens are just becoming way too much, I don't want to see the 5 change. However, I feel the screen could be made larger without the size of the phone increasing, by taking advantage of some of the buffer space near the home key and speaker.
    What iPhone really needs to drag Android users over (which, after all, is what Apple's intent should be to increase profits) is to have integrated map and nav like Android offers with Google Maps and their standalone nav interface. If my iPhone could use Siri to locate an address or POI, then I could direct her to navigate me there, allowing Maps to open and offer turn by turn voice directions, this phone would be unbeatable. I hemmed and hawed for a long time before making the switch, but finally did it out of sheer enjoyment for the Apple product quality itself. I still cringe when I am out and about and need to navigate somewhere having to rely on my free apps like Waze to get me there. The maps are usually not current, and the navigation is less than accurate most of the time. I resort to the included map nav, which has no turn by turn voice, which makes it a bit risky to look at and drive.
    I'd say this would be a huge selling point. My phone is plenty fast already, and it works flawlessly. I could care less about processors and all that other stuff. Gimme the convenience!
    Nikki Sharif likes this.
    02-23-2012 11:03 PM
    Me? Time for a new iPhone, as my 4 would be the longest i've used a phone EVER (i used to buy new BB's like, every 3-5 mos). But Verizon LTE, Better camera, and new design.
    02-24-2012 07:37 PM
    I'm hoping the next iPhone will be what we expected LAST year - larger screen, 4G-LTE, refreshed form factor, etc. I was really, really disappointed when the 4S was launched instead - not enough goodness to be worth an upgrade/new contract, so I stayed with my iPhone4.

I figure the next iPhone will definitely have 4G because Vz recently announced it was mandatory for all new smartphones using Vz. So, the screen factor is probably the most important to me. The 4 and 4S screens are beautiful - BUT way behind the competition's. I also look forward to an improved camera - even to the level of the 4S. However, I'm planning on an upgrade, just because it's time.
    02-27-2012 03:54 PM
    What would it take me to upgrade? An early upgrade offer from AT&T. I had one for the iPhone 4 launch but wanted a white phone so I just held out for the 4S.

If AT&T offers me another early upgrade, I'll hop on it. If I have to pay full price, it'd take some serious specs, redesign, and upgraded iOS and knowing I could sell my 4S.
    02-29-2012 10:35 AM
    This is something a lot of people who've migrated over from BB usually are asking for. Sadly, I do not think you'll ever see it on a iOS device.
    Dumb, I might have to find an Android device for work then, I need a smartphone that has a notification light, no way will I buy another expensive phone and sign another 2 year contract for a phone without one. Makes a lot of sense for people that need their phones for work, not everybody just plays video games and uses Facebook all day on them.

Now that has me wondering what would be a good Android phone to buy that has one? Has to be on Sprint..

When I think about how rigid Apple is with the iPhone and iOS, doesn't that go against Apple's core principle's? They won't add useful things such as a notification light because of some new thinking that change is bad?
    02-29-2012 10:36 PM
    I read their is a chance it could be waterproof, not sure on how legit the article was but if true I will try and upgrade simply for that
    02-29-2012 11:03 PM
    Dumb, I might have to find an Android device for work then, I need a smartphone that has a notification light, no way will I buy another expensive phone and sign another 2 year contract for a phone without one. Makes a lot of sense for people that need their phones for work, not everybody just plays video games and uses Facebook all day on them.

Now that has me wondering what would be a good Android phone to buy that has one? Has to be on Sprint..

When I think about how rigid Apple is with the iPhone and iOS, doesn't that go against Apple's core principle's? They won't add useful things such as a notification light because of some new thinking that change is bad?
    Is it really any different than Apple saying they will never use a physical keyboard? Honestly, the LED is not a big deal to me. It's on the Galaxy Nexus and it aggravates me more than anything. Sure it blinks but the only time I really want it to blink is from text messages. Well it blinks for emails as well and you can't shut that off. You can shut it off for texts though. Makes no sense. One of the many little annoyances in ICS.
    03-01-2012 10:04 AM
    Why is a notification light such a huge deal for people?

Like everyone else in the country, notification light or not, your going to be constantly checking your phone over and over again for one reason or another, anyway.

It's quicker to just go ahead and turn on the screen to see if there are any messages there, than it is to wait for the notification light to blink.

I don't know, I try to understand most people's views on gripes and wants... But I just don't get this one.
    DaPhoneking and techgirl24 like this.
    03-01-2012 10:38 AM
    As much as I'd love to do an annual upgrade, Sprint no longer supports that. Plus, if the iPhone 5 is 4G LTE, Sprint won't have LTE deployed any time soon. So I will have to wait for the iPhone 5s in 2013.
    03-01-2012 01:39 PM
    As much as I'd love to do an annual upgrade, Sprint no longer supports that. Plus, if the iPhone 5 is 4G LTE, Sprint won't have LTE deployed any time soon. So I will have to wait for the iPhone 5s in 2013.
    I don't like Sprint's rules, that's why I have 2 lines!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    03-01-2012 01:42 PM
    I don't like Sprint's rules, that's why I have 2 lines!

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
    Is having 2 lines really more cost effective than just paying the full retail price for the phone you want?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    03-01-2012 04:35 PM
    I would upgrade no matter what it has. I have an extra line just so I can get a new iPhone every year.
    03-02-2012 03:32 PM
    Is it really any different than Apple saying they will never use a physical keyboard? Honestly, the LED is not a big deal to me. It's on the Galaxy Nexus and it aggravates me more than anything. Sure it blinks but the only time I really want it to blink is from text messages. Well it blinks for emails as well and you can't shut that off. You can shut it off for texts though. Makes no sense. One of the many little annoyances in ICS.
    I don't know, physical keyboards are useless and just one more thing to break.

I wonder if you can customize the notification light on the Nexus if you do whatever it is they do to "jailbreak" their phones??
    03-03-2012 01:03 AM
    Why is a notification light such a huge deal for people?
    It's a huge deal because for some people who cannot waste time checking their phones for one reason or another, just being able to glance at the phone to see if we need to go through the act of picking up our phones is a big time/battery saver. And can be a safety issue depending on what you're doing.

Like everyone else in the country, notification light or not, your going to be constantly checking your phone over and over again for one reason or another, anyway.
    Do you not see what you just wrote? You just highlighted the problem, people are constantly checking their iPhones over and over and over again needlessly because there is no notification light to let you know you need to check for missed notifications!! With a notification light, you can just glance at the phone to see if you need to check it in the first place, saving wear and tear on the home button, and saving battery life since you'd no longer need to power up the phone gazillions of times a day to see if you missed something.

It's quicker to just go ahead and turn on the screen to see if there are any messages there, than it is to wait for the notification light to blink.

That makes no sense, how is it quicker to stop what you're doing, pick up the phone, and press the power/home button, than it is to just glance at the phone? Especially if you cannot just do so at work whenever you please so you have to wait, and do so needlessly if their isn't a missed call/message? With a notification light I'd no longer have to worry about it and not have to stop and check my phone constantly which is driving me nuts.

I don't know, I try to understand most people's views on gripes and wants... But I just don't get this one.
    I think that's because you aren't actually considering what people are asking for when they talk about notification lights.

Apple's new notification center is great once you're in it, however, there's no way of knowing you have a missed notification unless you open it up, making it pretty half ***. A notification light and statusbar icon are necessary additions.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-03-2012 01:17 AM
    What new features on the next generation iPhone will it take for you to upgrade from your current device?
    Ok so I know that you know that I know that you know what the screen size will be. So that's what I want and some sort of form factor change.

So to the OP what's the display size going to be?? I know that you know!!
    03-04-2012 10:56 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD